Author Topic: Chase your Dream: The Naperville Scooter Store  (Read 7323 times)

Vivo

• View Profile
Re: Chase your Dream: The Naperville Scooter Store
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2012, 03:21:11 AM »
I have a degree in Agriculture, worked in the banking industry for one decade another decade in the textile industry.  now, I'm making waves in the Automotive and Retail Store industry....   No marketing or engineering exposure whatsoever... just pure passion.  You'll make it sir!... ;)

KennyT

• View Profile
    • www.KensFeaturedHomes.com
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2012, 12:28:57 PM »
Hi Vivo and 08087.  Thanks!
I am pursuing the project.  Worst case, nothing.
Mid level case, I sell the building (I am a real estate agent)
Best case, I put together some partners, buy the building, and beautify Naperville.
Thanks again!
Ken
2009 Kymco Agility 125
Have fun and enjoy the ride!

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2012, 01:58:28 PM »
Vey good, I don't know why but I'm excieted for you. I'll be following along on FB and will look for updates here as well. All the luck in the world to you in your new venture! Who knows maybe you'll inspire others to do the same.
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties either expressed or written and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use, the author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner

fshfindr

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2012, 07:44:11 PM »
If you do not go for it, you will always regret it.  So unless you are an attorney, hire one and get him or her to contact the city about the property.  Don't do it your self, it will be your first investment.  I can't wait until I can buy something from you on the internet.  You're just too far from S. Jersey.

Richard L.
Richard L. in Bellmawr
Keep The Rubber Side Down & The Helmet Side Up

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2012, 09:11:07 PM »
Yeah! You got to chase that idea! That is one ugly-ass building and anything short of a bulldozer would be an improvement! I think there is plenty of room for an enthusiastic, reputable dealer. I would volunteer for your service dept if it was not so far away!

Karl
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

KennyT

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2012, 11:33:51 PM »
Hi Karl, Richard, and 08.  Thanks!  I love when I hear any of my writing inspires...
It makes me feel great!
I laughed out loud about the bulldozer comment.  It is horrible, and my office is about 200 yards from it...
Would love to do that property, but not limiting my business to it...
Would be cheaper/easier to start with renting a space, and am keeping my options open, and not ruling out anything.  I want to have my scooter shop, and look forward to posting more...
FYI, Bintelli Scooters is my current pick to sell.  I have been researching, and love what I hear...
Thanks again guys!
Ken
2009 Kymco Agility 125

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2012, 12:48:38 AM »
Hi Karl, Richard, and 08.  Thanks!  I love when I hear any of my writing inspires...
It makes me feel great!
I laughed out loud about the bulldozer comment.  It is horrible, and my office is about 200 yards from it...
Would love to do that property, but not limiting my business to it...
Would be cheaper/easier to start with renting a space, and am keeping my options open, and not ruling out anything.  I want to have my scooter shop, and look forward to posting more...
FYI, Bintelli Scooters is my current pick to sell.  I have been researching, and love what I hear...
Thanks again guys!
Ken

One thing I didn't think about  (I'm a worrier) is the EPA requierments on how you collect and dispose of your fluids and oils. One thing you can do is have a shop heater that runs on waste oil, it'll save you some money even if you won't be collecting tons of oil from scoots it does help reduce costs.
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties either expressed or written and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use, the author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner

KennyT

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2012, 03:51:28 AM »
Hi 0807.  I am glad you are a worrier, yet not a downer.  You find solutions to your concerns, and I appreciate that!
I don't worry about anything.  It is funny when people bring up the problems with opening a scooter store (or anything else for that matter).  I can list a million problems.  Special people find opportunities, and you seem to...
You mentioned you were following on FB.  What is your real name?
Thanks again for everything!
Ken
p.s. my birthday is August 7th.  08/07
2009 Kymco Agility 125

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 07, 2012, 12:17:21 AM »
Hi 0807.  I am glad you are a worrier, yet not a downer.  You find solutions to your concerns, and I appreciate that!
I don't worry about anything.  It is funny when people bring up the problems with opening a scooter store (or anything else for that matter).  I can list a million problems.  Special people find opportunities, and you seem to...
You mentioned you were following on FB.  What is your real name?
Thanks again for everything!
Ken
p.s. my birthday is August 7th.  08/07

Look for a PM, I'm a Scorpio if that helps. I got the joke 0807 lol.

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 07, 2012, 01:36:35 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D

Below, you'll find a little list of the zodiac signs and how likely they are to get into a car crash. With them, Allstate put together a list of words that they say define you as a driver. (The zodiac below is the one which has the 13th sign, Ophiuchus).

Scorpio (November 23 - November 28) - Passionate, resourceful - 26,833 crashes
    Ophiuchus (November 29 - December 17) - Wise, ambitious, lucky - 83,234 crashes
    Cancer (July 21 - August 9) - Compassion, sensitivity - 101,539 crashes
    Aquarius (February 16 - March 11) - Progressive, independent - 106,878 crashes
    Libra (October 31 - November 22) - Cooperative, gracious - 110,592 crashes
    Aries (April 17 - May 13) - Impatience, determination - 112,402 crashes
    Capricorn (January 18 - February 15) - Responsible, disciplined - 128,005 crashes
    Gemini (June 20 - July 20) - Short attention span, nervous - 136,904 crashes
    Sagittarius (December 18 - January 17) - Impatient, idealistic - 154,477 crashes
    Pisces (March 12 - April 16) - Fearful, overly trusting - 172,030 crashes
    Taurus (May 14 - June 19) - Uncompromising, possessive - 177,503 crashes
    Leo (August 10 - September 15) Arrogance, inflexibility - 179,657 crashes
    Virgo (September 16 - October 30) - Worry, shyness - 211,650 crashes

KennyT

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 07, 2012, 03:38:31 AM »
Uh oh.  As a Leo, it looks like I am the second most likely to crash.  I can't believe the info available...
Thanks again guys!
Ken
2009 Kymco Agility 125

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 07, 2012, 05:16:58 AM »
Uh oh.  As a Leo, it looks like I am the second most likely to crash.  I can't believe the info available...
Thanks again guys!
Ken

;D ;D ;D

I'm a Leo too... been riding since 1974... no major crashes, just some minor falls...  ;D

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()