Author Topic: 2008 GrandVista 250: Low Mileage - Sale Priced!  (Read 1089 times)

FredOneSmith

• View Profile
2008 GrandVista 250: Low Mileage - Sale Priced!
« on: October 23, 2012, 05:27:41 PM »
Hello, and thank you for your interest.

I am the 2nd owner of this white 2008 Kymco GrandVista 250 scooter, as I bought it earlier this year from its original owner, a 50s-something woman who bought it on a lark brand new never having ridden before (yes, foolish, I know). . . anyway, she took it for one ride with no training, drove it 169 miles and she dropped it onto its left side (onto wet grass thank goodness) when she was foolishly trying to park it on the wet grass in her yard at the end of that ride. That scared her, so she never rode it again, and pulled it out of her garage and sold it to me earlier this year.

The left side mirror took the entire force of that fall with no damage to it other than she bolted the mirror housing back on through its two stock mounting holes, using two very small allen head bolts. So now the mirrors do not currently power fold in, as the left one is rigid mounted at the moment. Other than the novelty of power folding mirrors, I don't personally care if they fold or not, as the left mirror housing is completely undamaged, looks stock and works as a rearview mirror otherwise perfectly - so I have not bothered to take the two little allen head bolts out to see how to fix it, as I am sure that it is fixable if someone cares to.

It is mechanically and cosmetically 100%, other than one very small stone chip on the front under the radiator inlet. It has a brand new battery, new engine and tranny oils, new Pennsylvania state inspection, and includes both the stock windscreen as well as the currently mounted ISOTTA european windscreen, which is both much taller and wider. They can be switched back and forth at any time in less than 10 minutes with a phillips head screwdriver. 

ISOTTA:  https://www.euronetbike.net/isotta/scooters/kymco/grand-dink/windscreen-medium-protection-clear-full-attack-for-grand-dink-250.html

I've been riding scooters and motorcycles for over 40 years (so far) - and this one is fast! I saw an indicated 92 mph on I-80 one day some weeks ago!

I was planning on selling it in the spring, (as I have a project BMW R100RT I am now finishing up), so this Kymco would be sale priced for a quick sale in the spring at a very reasonable $2799, but if you or someone wants it this fall I'll let it go now for only $2399.

(And why that low price, you ask? Well, I got a great deal on it, so I am just passing it on. Good karma - I hope!)

It has about 650 miles on it right now, and it is 100% ready to go. My digital cameria is on the fritz right now, so I can not currently email any photos, but this scooter is exactly as I have represented it - no more, no less.

If you would like to discuss this further, feel free to call me any day between 10am and 8pm ET at 814-234-2758.  And in advance, thank you very much for your interest.

Cordially,
Fred Smith
State College, PA 16801
FredOneSmith@yahoo.com

"Ride. Eat. Sleep. Repeat."

http://images.psndealer.com/dealersite/images/higginspowersports/vp2711379_1.jpg

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()