Author Topic: belt size???  (Read 2044 times)

myyz

• View Profile
belt size???
« on: October 25, 2012, 05:08:57 AM »
Hi all i posted something a long time ago about my 2010 agility making a popping noise and feeling restricted with no speed gain after about 57kmh it has a 80cc big bore kit in it with bigger carb and modded exhaust i have been dealing with the restriction since i have checked the boss and it was smooth from when i bought it off the showroom floor and iv almost cut my cdi in half looking for this copper wire and isnt definetly not there. I read another post about a guy with big bore kit and popping noise and he put longer belt on he had another 1cm of travel on the variator he got extra speed out of it i just wanna know what would be a good size (measurements)or how to find out what size bigger.

skippy

• View Profile
Re: belt size???
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2012, 07:35:15 AM »
draw a line on ther variator from centure to the edge and same on clutch pully. run the scoot and see how much of the line is rubbed off. that will tell you if your belt is long enough and if you getting max travle.

myyz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2012, 08:40:27 AM »
I can see nearly a centermeter of no wear pattern to the top of the pully so i assume that its not travelling to full potential maybe?

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2012, 02:07:00 PM »
I can see nearly a centermeter of no wear pattern to the top of the pully so i assume that its not travelling to full potential maybe?

Well then you mosy definately have way too short a belt in there then, or the belt is not travelling to the outer edge because you can only hit 57km/h?

Mark the reat pulley too with a marker,could be the belt isnt going all the way in to the bottom of the pulley at the rear. Or you have one of the restricted rear pulleys with the raised lip inside to stop tbe belt travelling fully in? Have a look, its easy to see, will be a raised bit on the face of the torque drive.

If it is a stock belt from the factory it should be fine, tho if you swapped it out it may well be shorter. Belt should be 729mm long round the outside edge.  I ran a Malossi Kevlar belt last year at 736mm long which gave me 4-5mph extra top end but then i went back to stock once i fitted a shorter boss which still gave me the same top end.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

skippy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2012, 04:56:40 PM »

have you used the pen tecneck? as if just looking at variator plate the wear pattern is from when it was restricted with the boss.( have you changed to a smooth boss?)

as streido said if you can lath the boss down to.... i cant remember is it 37.5mm? have a look in serch ther is a thred somwhere on the boss .

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2012, 05:35:51 PM »
What size rollers are you useing..........

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2012, 05:39:04 PM »
. i cant remember is it 37.5mm? 

Stock boss is..............................38mm
Malossi Multivar boss is.........37.5mm
My short boss is......................36.8mm
Chaos is my co-pilot.

myyz

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2012, 07:32:00 PM »
My kymco already had smooth boss and no there is no lip on the rear pulley its totally smooth. I live in australia so i dont know if the restrictions are the same here as else where but i would be really happy with an extra 5mph and i havent touched torque spring or rollers all that is stock

skippy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2012, 07:55:44 PM »

torque spring will not give your more top end not realy. it will just hold revs for longer and better up hill speed.

if you use longer belt you may have to take out the starter bendix ad the belt will rub on it. just kick start.

longer belt will work but only 1-2 mph maybe. shorter boss better 36.8 as streido states will give a fue more. but you dont want a to longer belt or could come off the variator. this is y the pen test will work best. it will tell you how high the belt goes. on top of variator but also how low on the rear pully.

you could put hevery varaitor rolers for better top end but will give slow take off i find 5.3-5.5 rolers best for where i live.
45-50 mph is realy the best you will get on flat any how.

if you have the 80 kit i think you will have the best out of her...how is your plug chop? does it look about right. if so maybe time for an agility 125.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 07:59:54 PM by skippy »

myyz

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2012, 04:37:02 AM »
Well i would be very happy with 45 to 50mph out of an 80 considering others can get that from a 50 as im only getting 57kmh/39ish mph what are the stock size weights? And is there a difference between the round ones and the ones with a lobe on them?

skippy

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2012, 07:35:39 AM »
if you only getting 40mph ish. try giving your cvt a good clean. try a new varaitor. clean up clutch etc that should make it better.
i had sim prob with mine was slow on pick up but did get to 43-45. changed the varaitor for a narkau and it was much better. faster pick up and a bit more top end.

stock rolers are either 6g or 6.5g id stick with them unless you change your torque spring.

And is there a difference between the round ones and the ones with a lobe on them?- not that sure people swear by doc pully sliders but i have stuck with rolers. again people say they can get a little more top end. but id give your cvt a good clean make everything move freely that should also give you a better proformance.

myyz

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2012, 08:22:19 AM »
Ok mate thanks for the help i will inspect it all again tomoro and give it a clean 1more thing does heavyer weights give you more top end speed or less?

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2012, 08:27:15 AM »
Stock weights are 6.5g, i used 5.5g in the past and kept me top end the same as 6.5g's did, went to 5.1g rollers for better acceleration and i lost 2-4mph top end but suits me for the hills.

Is your main jet size correct? Is the belt width within tollerance? Rollers worn? All or one of these things will lose you top end.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

myyz

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2012, 10:53:13 AM »
Not sure if its the right size jet i think its a 95 but stepped up to a 100 and made the popping noise haplen earlyer and max out at a lower speed then with the 95 in it.

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2012, 06:40:17 PM »
Not sure if its the right size jet i think its a 95 but stepped up to a 100 and made the popping noise haplen earlyer and max out at a lower speed then with the 95 in it.

Well the 1st thing you need to do is get your jetting perfect before you can go any further. Time to buy a load of new plugs and jets and start choppin  ;)
Chaos is my co-pilot.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()