Author Topic: stator size  (Read 1205 times)

JC

• View Profile
stator size
« on: October 25, 2012, 09:37:48 PM »
First, does anyone have the measurment diameter of the stator and secondly, has anyone been able to switch from a 6 pole to an 8 pole? I'm wondering because I'm thinking of using a hid light kit and don't want to kill my stator. Thanks mates

blue

• View Profile
Re: stator size
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2012, 12:47:39 AM »
play it save and dont do it. You well be ok if you get the kit and use a fuse comeing off the + side of the battery.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 12:49:40 AM by blue »

skippy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2012, 07:47:28 AM »
hello guys not a clue to the eletric system so a little lesson please i know you had a lot of experance of late blue.

what is a stater? and what does it do?

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2012, 08:31:45 AM »
hello guys not a clue to the eletric system so a little lesson please i know you had a lot of experance of late blue.

what is a stater? and what does it do?

Basically its just a generator, charges battery, powers electrics etc. Sits down r/h side of scoot by the rear footrest.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2012, 08:40:10 PM »

Basically its just a generator, charges battery, powers electrics etc. Sits down r/h side of scoot by the rear footrest.

x2 if you are not to sure on the elc. on kymcos its best to leave it be. It can be a real pain. kymco scoots has both ac and dc going threw the wires. most scoots get there power from the battery and the stator charges it back up from there. kymco split the wireing and does both ac and dc............the stator on a kymco charges the battery and runns the head light but not the hight beam and runs the tail lights but not the blinkers.and the cdi usees dc .

skippy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2012, 10:04:55 PM »
arrrrr so the stater is the generator thing then.

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2012, 12:01:08 AM »
arrrrr so the stater is the generator thing then.

You got it........

skippy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2012, 07:41:39 AM »
i thought it would be like a relay or something sealed so you cant in side it. im one of thoes people that likes to know what something does and how it works. feel stupid now for asking the question now...... ;D

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2012, 12:22:03 PM »
i thought it would be like a relay or something sealed so you cant in side it. im one of thoes people that likes to know what something does and how it works. feel stupid now for asking the question now...... ;D

no question is stupid thats how we learn. just dont be one of of those guys that takes apart and cant put back together.

skippy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2012, 05:39:38 PM »
lol what like my engine.... opps to late.

i was like that as a kid. when my perents went out id dismantle the toaster to see inside. ;D and it would never work again.

well now ive striped the engine just to change and replace the cvt case. not a fun job but now understand what every nut/ bolt does in the engine and what it does. i want more input :D next the electrical system. not touch that though till something goes wrong.

mind you i would love to change the horn to a claxon horn....mmmmm maybe next project ;D

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()