Author Topic: tail and brake light access for People 250  (Read 999 times)

Ray

• View Profile
tail and brake light access for People 250
« on: October 26, 2012, 11:54:13 AM »
I recently got at 2006 People 250.  I have a top case with brake and running light LEDs.  Short of removing a lot of plastic, is there a way to access the needed wiring harness (maybe by removing the storage bin)?  I really appreciate any ideas.  Thanks.

Rudolf

• Born to be wild!!!
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Re: tail and brake light access for People 250
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2013, 10:25:39 AM »
For my Grand Dink 250 I've had to remove the trunk and seat assembly to get to the rear light's wiring harness so i could connect my top case lights that I've had to make by myself. The top case didn't had any lights, only a red transparent plastic, so i've bought around 40 cm's of red light, self adhesive LED strip and placed them under the red plastic and connected them in parallel and the LED strip assembly connected them to the rear light wiring harness. I've also added a connector on the wiring to remove the top case more easily.

There are three strips: the center strip is the rear light and the upper and lower strips are for the breaking light.

DoubleSC

• View Profile
Re: tail and brake light access for People 250
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2013, 04:45:27 AM »
Just pull the seat/storage bin out and you can access the wires you need as they run back past the seat latch area.  According to  the schematics, you'll need to attach to these wires:

Green (solid):  Ground
Green with Yellow stripe:  Brake Light
Brown (solid):  Tail Light

If you need more in the way of manuals or schematics, look here:
http://scootdawg.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=gotopost&board=200cc&thread=6804&post=65236

DSC

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()