Author Topic: variator Naraku 5.5g - Kymco 4T  (Read 7166 times)

Bray0671

• View Profile
variator Naraku 5.5g - Kymco 4T
« on: November 02, 2012, 12:58:19 AM »
I am giong to buy 5.5 weights so would this be a better varaitor then the stock one. I would only be paying 15$ more with a varaitor. But if this one isn't giong to make a differance I will just order weights
http://www.racingplanetusa.com/variator-naraku-kymco-honda-dealim-139qmbqma-p-4330-1.html?cPath=2_15382_15386&sessID=00cbafe583fdb43956708df085342cc8

blue

• View Profile
Re: variator Naraku 5.5g - Kymco 4T
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2012, 01:38:50 AM »
not much Dif just stick with stock but have a extra would be good to have. I get extra parts when I can just to have so I can just slap on when I need to.

Bray0671

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2012, 01:46:09 AM »
For that price that is what I thought to what website has the best prices on varaitor weights

skippy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2012, 08:38:33 AM »
try a set of theses ....Stage6 16 x 13 Variator Rollers Box Set
                                #P1174
theses are from the uk http://www.pedparts.co.uk/product/1174/stage6-16-x-13-variator-rollers-box-set.
but if you can find the same in usa would help to tuning and finding your ideal weight befor getting good rolers

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2012, 10:38:26 AM »
No had experience of that variator, doesnt say much about it. You want a race type variator, one that has different shaped roller ramps which will help acceleration etc. Most say in the description if it has this, that one doesnt tho so dont know if it does. I have seen chinese copies of that variator tho that are "race" variators so it may well be.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

skippy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2012, 06:42:05 PM »
my new varaitor... Kymco Agility 50cc High Speed Variator NK900.20

The Naraku High Speed Variator is considered one of the best variators on the market for the 139QMA/QMB engines. The variator comes supplied with matching rollers weights that are suitable for use on all setups, however 63cc on up receive the best performance improvement. The variator is 10% lighter than standard variator and comes supplied with larger more robust sliders. Also in the kit is a shorter drive boss (the perfect length for these scooters) and set of high performance rollers(5.3g).

The 5.3g rollers are suitable for 50 - 72cc kits . As always variator tuning is in coordination with engine tuning and these roller weights may not give the best improvement if you have carried out further tuning work.

Technical Specifications

Fitment: 139QMA/QMB

1 set: 5.3g CVT rollers

Product Code

NK900.20

cant comment at mo as only had it in for a week.

MDCWLK

• View Profile
Re: Re: Re: variator Naraku 5.5g - Kymco 4T
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2012, 07:20:16 PM »
my new varaitor... Kymco Agility 50cc High Speed Variator NK900.20

The Naraku High Speed Variator is considered one of the best variators on the market for the 139QMA/QMB engines. The variator comes supplied with matching rollers weights that are suitable for use on all setups, however 63cc on up receive the best performance improvement. The variator is 10% lighter than standard variator and comes supplied with larger more robust sliders. Also in the kit is a shorter drive boss (the perfect length for these scooters) and set of high performance rollers(5.3g).

The 5.3g rollers are suitable for 50 - 72cc kits . As always variator tuning is in coordination with engine tuning and these roller weights may not give the best improvement if you have carried out further tuning work.

Technical Specifications

Fitment: 139QMA/QMB

1 set: 5.3g CVT rollers

Product Code

NK900.20

cant comment at mo as only had it in for a week.

I wanted to buy the same variator here in the Netherlands but couldn't find a decent review about it. I'm very glad you bought one and waiting for your findings :)

Are you using this variator on the standard 50cc?

skippy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2012, 07:48:23 PM »
yes on 50cc.had it in about two month but as soon as i put it in had engine problems. had to strip whole engine down as crank case was cracked, only ran it this week realy. the ram plate was tight on crank shaft so i put origanal one on. and used new varaitor and rolers and boss. but will take cvt apart again monday and inspect and clean. will try the new plate on again so will report later. but all seems good. so far i would recomend it.

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2012, 08:33:19 PM »
My ramp plate was like this so i did the same as you and used my old stock one for a while, the new one went on but was real tight, but then i used a dremmel and ground out the hole on the new one a bit so it went on easier. Been fine ever since. You prob could even file it out wider if you got a round file.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

skippy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2012, 09:05:24 PM »
if you cut it out ot would not be perfectly balenced. will try to take paint out but not any meteral. but i dont think it needs to be lose, as it stays in one place anyway. will see next time i take it apart.

MDCWLK

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2012, 09:07:23 PM »
yes on 50cc.had it in about two month but as soon as i put it in had engine problems. had to strip whole engine down as crank case was cracked, only ran it this week realy. the ram plate was tight on crank shaft so i put origanal one on. and used new varaitor and rolers and boss. but will take cvt apart again monday and inspect and clean. will try the new plate on again so will report later. but all seems good. so far i would recomend it.

OK great to hear/read it seems to be a good variator.
Can you please tell a little about the acceleration and the top speed?

The naraku kit i had in mind also comes with 6.1 gr rollers but i assume you are using 5.3gr?

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2012, 09:23:56 PM »
if you cut it out ot would not be perfectly balenced. will try to take paint out but not any meteral. but i dont think it needs to be lose, as it stays in one place anyway. will see next time i take it apart.

I used the dremmel to remove the paint then pushed it over a round file so it sat on it nice then just twisted it round loads of times, seems fine so im assuming it kept it central using the file.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

skippy

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2012, 09:32:55 PM »
yes. need a good clean of cvt as i know im not getting best proformance but mods inc....
narkau NK900.20 high speed varaitor (5.3g) rolers shortaned boss.
ajustable ignition timing un restricted cdi unit
82 main jet (need to look at that think its running a tad lean)
leo vince exhaust
1500 rpm torque spring
1500 rpm clutch spring
naraku hq belt
NO starter bendix as belt rubbed on it.

on flat 43-45 ish mph
down hill 45-50 mph (off spedo)
up hill 27-37 depending on steepness. real steep hills round hear.

after a good clean of the cvt i think i may get a tad higher.

my thought are id like a little better acceleration so id need to go lighter on rolers maybe 5g or so. but also would like a tad more top end so that would need 6g-6.5 so to get the best 5.3 seems to be the best arrangement. thinking next year maybe go for a bbk. that should get the balance i want.

Bray0671

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2012, 11:39:49 PM »
What is BBK and starter bendix

skippy

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2012, 08:31:19 AM »
bbk= big bore kit.
the starter bendix is for the electric start. its the throw out gear. when the starter is engaged it throws out the bendix then that turns the varaitor plate and starts the scoot.

but when de restricting the belt rises higher on the varaitor and will catch on the bendix.in my case wore half the belt away in 2 month. so new belt and no bendix. just have to start on kick start.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()