Author Topic: No one riding?  (Read 5137 times)

ts1

• View Profile
Re: No one riding?
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2012, 10:28:52 AM »
Home from office, new all season tyres ordered

Zimmerman

• ---------
  • Northeastern Pennsyvania USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2012, 10:29:54 AM »
I love my two Kymco scoots and havn't needed much service.

But Kymco needs to do a better job with parts.

It will hurt repeat sales.
Kymco Yager GT200i
Kymco People 150
Yamaha Riva 125

Mike Green

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2012, 01:23:05 PM »
Hi Zimmerman,
You're missing my point. I LOVE my one Kymco scoot. My frustration lies in my inability to do anything with the shipping and distribution process from the ROC to the South Eastern US. Now if we had dealerships on every street corner like Mickey D's, such as Burgman and Honda, the damn parts would have been here overnight. So I quess the reason I have a burr under my saddle blanket is over the process and not the product. Thanks,
Mike

sissy mary

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2012, 02:26:37 PM »
Mike I forgot? What was wrong with your bike again? And Vivo, I have been to Russia several times (Moscow-Rostov-na-Donu), most of the times and I know what the Siberian winds are like. I was in Moscow in Feburary once, WOW, I was never so cold. And it felt like I was in a wind blast. :-*

Zimmerman

• ---------
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2012, 07:31:46 PM »
Mike,

Sounds like we are on the same page.  I love my Kymco's too.

But this parts 'thing' regardless of whose fault it is goes in the negative column when scooter shopping.

Kevin aka Zimmerman
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 07:37:27 PM by Zimmerman »
Kymco Yager GT200i
Kymco People 150
Yamaha Riva 125

jerry2

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2012, 10:30:36 PM »
We get to ride pretty close to every day in Texas and I'm staying for this winter so will get to ride a bunch of cold days.

Mike Green

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2012, 12:34:54 AM »
Sissy;
September 7 I had a deer run in front of me and then freeze. I suffered and I do mean suffered 5 broken ribs, torn cartilage in the right knee and a broken bone in my right foot. Needless to say the Xciting was scraped to hell and back. As far as I could tell and the Ins. adjuster confirmed only cosmetic damage to the scoot.
Kevin;
your absolutely correct, the very negative column.
Mike

Zimmerman

• ---------
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2012, 02:07:26 AM »
Mike,

Man that's terrible about the deer strike.

We often see deer running across the road - sometimes without warning.

I wonder if any of those whistle gadgets would help.

Kevin
Kymco Yager GT200i
Kymco People 150
Yamaha Riva 125

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2012, 03:06:54 AM »
SissyMary, I love the Siberian wind in our country....  Very sunny here but very cold...no ice or snow... Great way to ride!

sissy mary

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2012, 01:16:45 PM »
Now I remember about the deer. I'll bet you needed a bunch of parts, including all the plastic stuff. All I have ever needed to order was belts, rollers and such. They were never a problem getting as they are a normal wear items, but I would guess the things you need must come or need to be ordered right out of Tiawan? Many years ago I was sitting still at a stop light in Phoenix Az. A small pickup pulled up behind me and stoped. Just before the light turned green a huge semi style truck smashed into us at about 40 MPH or so. The idiot was not paying attention and never slowed down. I did a back flip off my bike, landed and was pinned under the front of the pick up. Then was pushed along the street where they had removed the old ash fault and just had stone's that stuck up from the old pavement, and was then thrown up on the side walk. Needless to say, two operations, broken ribs, skin grafts etc. After I left the hospital and could walk I noticed that my right knee had damage also. This required another operation. And I need another operation for my back a couple of years after that. I know what you mean about the ribs. That was the most painfull thing of all. :-*

Mike Green

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2012, 09:52:17 PM »
Just voted and my polling place is located at a Church in Jasmine Hills which was my favorite ride. Long, steep, and twisting roads and as I came home I realized how much I miss my daily "sanity ride". Those of you that are still riding enjoy a few miles for me. I really miss it.
There are a few "electronic" deer alerts on the market along with the old whistles that are available. I plan to buy and install the best available and hope for the best. There is a huge deer population around my home and property so I need to be very carefull especially at night.
Thanks for your concerns and comments,
Mike

BigOrange

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2012, 04:48:55 AM »
I am still riding. It was 87 today in Tucson. I would be riding in the Scooter Rally this weekend if I did not have out of town guests. The 25th annual Fall Classic is this weekend. Temp is going to drop into the 60's brrrrrrr.  www.tucsonscooterrally.com

I wish I could ride more and drive less!
2009 Xciting 500i White!
2007 Xciting 250 Orange!

sissy mary

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2012, 01:07:29 PM »
This week end it should be in the low 60's or high 50's hear in lowwer michigan, so I should be able to ride at least one last time before putting the bike up?  ;D :-*

ts1

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2012, 01:31:20 PM »
Xciting likes winter, snow & mountains. Take him out!

desliderman

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2012, 02:45:37 AM »
Still riding.  The mornings have been in the mid 30s and the highs are pushing to 60.  A cold front is moving in that may change all that.  I'll ride as long as there's no snow.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()