Author Topic: TRANS = CVT or single speed  (Read 5225 times)

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
TRANS = CVT or single speed
« on: November 03, 2012, 06:14:27 PM »
The transmission on Kymco scoots, are they single speed or a true CVT type that lowers the eng rpm?
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties either expressed or written and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use, the author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner

axy

• View Profile
Re: TRANS = CVT or single speed
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2012, 07:16:56 PM »
The transmission on Kymco scoots, are they single speed or a true CVT type that lowers the eng rpm?

I hope you are joking.
---
Kymco People GT300i 2017 ABS Euro4
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2012, 07:26:44 PM »
I hope you are joking.
  lol put some pettles on it at it well go as fast as you can pettle.

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2012, 08:11:04 PM »
I hope you are joking.

How about just answering what I assume is a simple question instead of adding all the BS?
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties either expressed or written and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use, the author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2012, 08:51:26 PM »
How about just answering what I assume is a simple question instead of adding all the BS?

I obviously wrongly assume that all scooter owners understand that their vehicles have CVT transmission and not some Alice in wonderland one speed transmission. My bad.

Btw. can you name ONE "single speed" vehicle currently in production?
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 08:53:17 PM by axy »
---
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2012, 10:06:18 PM »
[/quote]
How about a single speed bike............

Mike Green

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2012, 11:04:15 PM »
Axy, When I first joined this forum back in late spring/early summer, (forgive the dementia), it was a very open and welcoming group of guys and gals with a "no question is a dumb question" attitude. Here lately it seems to be evolving into a critical, (myself included), punitive, and demeaning process. Obviously we don't possess a highly intelligent and brilliant mind like yours.
And we're still waiting for our MENSA certification. But none of us deserve to be treated with a rude and scoffing manner which you seem to enjoy doing. I feel that you have a lot to offer and your posts are spot on, however I feel  that you can take some of the sarcasm out and still be a valuable contributer.

08, I find your questions to be different at times but they are thought provoking and fun. I was proud of you when you stood your ground.
Mike

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2012, 11:06:19 PM »
Every outboard powered boat is a single speed transmission. You give it gas and it goes faster, no gear ratio but the one in the lower hosing, usually lowers the eng revs by 2-1.

Zimmerman

• ---------
  • Northeastern Pennsyvania USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2012, 11:45:49 PM »
Me, I'm single speed.

If I want to go faster I just have to run faster.
Kymco Yager GT200i
Kymco People 150
Yamaha Riva 125

bdrannik

• Southwest Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2012, 11:59:38 PM »

Yes - the Tesla Roadster.   :)
2011 DT300i - Givi Windshield - HID 5K Low/High Beams - LED Tail/Turn/License Bulbs - Front signal mirrors converted to running lights/signal - Dummy bulbs to LED 5K white running light/amber signals -  Givi E55 w/Admore LED Kit & custom paint - Scorpio SR-i900 Alarm - NGK CR7EIX - Amsoil Synthetics

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2012, 08:34:17 AM »
Yes - the Tesla Roadster.   :)

You're right, that's about it. :-):-)
---
Kymco Agility 125 2008

ts1

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2012, 09:53:31 AM »
I obviously wrongly assume that all scooter owners understand that their vehicles have CVT transmission and not some Alice in wonderland one speed transmission. My bad.
Imagine an electric scooter with wheel hub motor. Obviously without gear!
With central motor below the floor board you only need a fixed transmission.

Some examples already sold in Germany:
Vivacity elecric from Peugeot,
VRone from Switzerland,
Peraves ETracer from Switzerland (by far the most exclusive with technical data beyond the average motorcycle),
Vectrix from USA (but now sold to China),
Yamaha EC-03,
many Chinese brands,

coming soon:
Schwalbe electric (yes, the famous DDR scooter from Waffenwerke Suhl)
BMW C evolution

not coming:
Honda (electric scooters only for domestic market)

Why not Kymco?

And if I would add 3-wheeled scooters, I could add several more Danish, German and Swiss brands!
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 10:00:40 AM by ts1 »

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2012, 11:44:03 AM »
Imagine an electric scooter with wheel hub motor. Obviously without gear!

Obviously, but, ts1, I believe that composition of this forum does not allow for scientific discussion on the topic of torque curve of small electric motor vs. small IC engine, otherwise this very topic would not exist.

Also, skip 1 hp (human power) bicycles, Teslas, electric vehicles and other oddities, it would be quite difficult to find regular IC engine powered passenger vehicles without transmission.
Theoretically, in the past existed also vehicles like 2000 hp cars with IC engine and single speed/neutral, but I believe nobody on this forum has electric Kymco or such a car. Otherwise we could say that Brutus also has direct drive, so the question is legit...: http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/BMW-brutus-2011-07-11

I can only hope there is no need to elaborate further on this.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 11:49:22 AM by axy »
---
Kymco Agility 125 2008

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2012, 12:47:35 PM »
Old "Mini" bike are single speed transmissions as well, you are simply too arrogant to admit when your wrong, there are at least 3 examples of single speed transmissions yet you blow them all off.

Is there an ignore feature on this forum, I might have to skip your posts if you keep this up, the good information your capible of supplying gets lost in your arrogance.

Mike Green rasied a point that I'll expand on, I post a bunch of questions that I can locate the answers to myself if I looked hard enough, however if I'm thinking them there is someone else out there that is asking the same question or something close and is affraid to ask. I've got enough dumb nerve to ask away, the answers and comments that follow are thought provoking and lead to other questions.

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2012, 01:34:47 PM »
Old "Mini" bike are single speed transmissions as well, you are simply too arrogant to admit when your wrong, there are at least 3 examples of single speed transmissions yet you blow them all off.

Horse has only one speed too.

Most electric vehicles do not have a gearbox.

Is this horse, bicycle, boat or electric supercar forum or scooter forum?
How many scooters with IC engine do not have transmission?

If this is horse, bicycle, boat or electric supercar forum, please accept my apologies.
Also if this is forum dedicated to hydrogen cells scooters or those powered by zero field energy.

If not, what did you think until now, as a scooter owner, what for is this light alloy box on the left lower side of your scooter, between engine and rear wheel?
Magic hamster housing?
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 01:39:31 PM by axy »
---
Kymco Agility 125 2008

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()