Author Topic: Downtown 300i ABS in USA?  (Read 1998 times)

Trimax

• SuperDink 300i ABS Titanium
    • View Profile
Downtown 300i ABS in USA?
« on: November 04, 2012, 12:18:11 PM »
I have got a SuperDink 300i ABS in Spain (Downtown or Nikita in other countries )  with 33 HP. I'm very happy with it.

In a few months I will go to work and live in USA (Orlando, FL).  I would like to buy the same scooter but I don't know if the ABS version is for sale in USA.

Cortez

• View Profile
    • My flickr account
Re: Downtown 300i ABS in USA?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2012, 12:34:55 PM »
Get the XC500i ABS there, just to try that one out too..  ;)
'08 FZ6n S2 ABS

SOLD: 2003 Peugeot Speedfight2 LC, 2007 Kawasaki ER-6F ABS, 2006 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS,

Rogereh

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2012, 01:03:53 PM »
No ABS on US Downtown 300i.

houndguy

• Fear the mangy mutt!
  • Your idiotism amuses me.
    • View Profile
    • Scooter Revolution!
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2013, 01:56:09 AM »
No ABS on US Downtown 300i.

Really?  I've seen new Xciting 500's with ABS...one would think the 300 would have that as well. 
Just another scooter blog - http://www.2smallerwheels.blogspot.com

Cortez

• View Profile
    • My flickr account
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2013, 12:58:47 PM »
Really?  I've seen new Xciting 500's with ABS...one would think the 300 would have that as well.

Why would one bike have it because the other does?

The DT is indeed available with ABS elsewhere, but it's the importer's choice and decision if he'll
import them or not.
'08 FZ6n S2 ABS

SOLD: 2003 Peugeot Speedfight2 LC, 2007 Kawasaki ER-6F ABS, 2006 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS,

houndguy

• Fear the mangy mutt!
  • Your idiotism amuses me.
    • View Profile
    • Scooter Revolution!
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2013, 07:30:34 PM »
Why would one bike have it because the other does?

The DT is indeed available with ABS elsewhere, but it's the importer's choice and decision if he'll
import them or not.

Actually they may not have a choice.  European countries are requiring ABS on motorbikes, although I'm not sure if it's required on all sizes of bikes or only those over a certain CC.  Any bikes that are still without ABS were either built before this took effect or built at an American factory where they don't have to meet the ABS requirement yet. 

Since Europe in requiring ABS (being one of the biggest markets for scooters) then the manufacturer will start producing them for every country.  It make economic sense to do so.  This is one of the reasons you see cars in places like Florida or New York that can meet or exceed California emissions standards (the toughest in America if not the world).

It's a global market. 
Just another scooter blog - http://www.2smallerwheels.blogspot.com

Cortez

• View Profile
    • My flickr account
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2013, 07:41:01 PM »
Actually they may not have a choice.

Yes.
They do.
Open up the taiwanese Kymco site.
You can import anything (99%), anywhere, but it costs money.
It's a matter of choice. They CHOOSE NOT TO import the DT w/ ABS.

European countries are requiring ABS on motorbikes, although I'm not sure if it's required on all sizes of bikes or only those over a certain CC.  Any bikes that are still without ABS were either built before this took effect or built at an American factory where they don't have to meet the ABS requirement yet. 

Since Europe in requiring ABS (being one of the biggest markets for scooters) then the manufacturer will start producing them for every country.  It make economic sense to do so.  This is one of the reasons you see cars in places like Florida or New York that can meet or exceed California emissions standards (the toughest in America if not the world).

That's from 2017.
And from 125cc and up.
'08 FZ6n S2 ABS

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()