Author Topic: Anyone removed their wheels?  (Read 1659 times)

duesouth

• View Profile
Anyone removed their wheels?
« on: November 08, 2012, 05:28:00 PM »
I've purchased the pilot power pure SC tires, front and back. I'm thinking about saving some money and just removing the wheels and taking them down to the dealer to have the tires mounted and balanced. That is, if they're easy to remove. Has anyone removed the wheels before? Is it a pain?

MotoRandy123

• Lets Ride!
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone removed their wheels?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2012, 08:59:33 PM »
The front is easy. Just remove fender. Remove brake caliper and hang by a string. Remove axle bolt.

The back is harder as you have to remove muffler and swing arm (I think).
2012 Yager GT 200I - Southern NH

de-dee

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2012, 06:08:42 AM »
yes you have to remove swing arm, muffler, little plastic fender over wheel, remove shock one side , so wheel can slide off,  that means seat, and tub removed,to get at top bolt of shock, if you dont remove the shock, you have to compress the rear tire to get past the shock, the other shock, just the bottem bolt,off,. dont let the rear end drop to far or it will disconnect the air intake ,. a honda dealer changed my first rear tire , and that happend,. I am on my third set of tires, 27,000 km.s,. I do my own now, the dealer just mounts the tires on the wheels,. make sure they put the blue dot on tire at the valve,. and rotating the right way,. one dealer put the front tire on backwards, I caught it before I installed it on the scooter,.
      the golden hawk 2011 300i dt.   havent had so much fun for 50 years, so dont get old, just enjoy,

duesouth

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2012, 07:02:50 PM »
Okay, for those who have done this what am I doing wrong? I got the shock, muffler, bolts, rear axle nut and collar off, but the swing arm still won't come. It can turn, but I've tried, pulling prying and even banging trying to get the swing arm off and nothing. Did it come right off for you?

duesouth

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2012, 08:47:35 PM »
Never mind. Just rented a gear puller and it came right off. There was a little rust on the shaft, no way it would've come off with out it.

de-dee

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2012, 11:52:39 PM »
 where there is a will there is a way  thats good for a attaboy,. some times I have to cuss a little too,.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()