Author Topic: Stock gears  (Read 1702 times)

Geos

• View Profile
Stock gears
« on: November 08, 2012, 10:39:30 PM »
I am looking in to upgradeing the trans gears on my agility 50. But I am trying to find what the stock ones are. A ratio and tooth count would be nice if anyone has the info.

Thanks,
Geos

MotoRandy123

• Lets Ride!
    • View Profile
Re: Stock gears
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2012, 11:17:44 PM »
The service manual doesn't say what gears you have but here's a picture
maybe you can count teeth?

2012 Yager GT 200I - Southern NH

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2012, 02:00:53 AM »
on some scoots they well say someting like the name of the scoot then ts or t2 or t3 the higher the # the higher the gear R.   well be.....Not sure how they count the agilty in that way but my guess would be t3.....which is the same as a gy6 or qmb scooter.

mono

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2012, 12:12:30 PM »
I wouldn't bother with this unless you've got an extremely brutish setup, like a 90cc with 24mm carb or so...

The stock gearing of an Agility 50 is pretty heavy for anything less than 4 Kilowatts already..

« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 12:14:11 PM by mono »

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2012, 12:52:11 PM »
I wouldn't bother with this unless you've got an extremely brutish setup, like a 90cc with 24mm carb or so...

The stock gearing of an Agility 50 is pretty heavy for anything less than 4 Kilowatts already..

Ageed, if its 50cc dont bother, unless you live in a totally flat area with no wind  :)

You probably will end up making it feel worse unless yoy have a BBK fitted.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

MotoRandy123

• Lets Ride!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2012, 02:55:18 PM »
 I'd like to upgear my Yager. I even know the gears that are in it but I don't know
where to get different ones. You'd think there would be a gear site with info. The
chinese ones allow regearing but there are 4 different types now so even those
are difficult. Some folks on the Eccomodder site have resorted to making their own.

Others have gotten lucky and found a bigger scoot from the same manufacturer and
"borrowed" their gears for an upgrade.

I'm not even sure how they can remain meshed with different sizes. I think you have to
go up on one and down on the other the same amount to keep them properly engaged.

Here's a gear ratio database;
http://49ccscoot.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=transtech&action=display&thread=1265

There's a lot of info on that site for 50cc scoots.
2012 Yager GT 200I - Southern NH

Geos

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2013, 01:54:49 AM »
I know is has been awhile, but I am still trying to find out what the stock gears on an Agility 50.
I have put on a 80cc bbk and I want to get a little more out of the top end. I figured if anyone had changed there gears, they could tell me what came out.

Thanks,
Geos

mono

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2013, 07:18:52 AM »
The dutch 4T gurus from http://www.revolution70.nl sell a +10% gear kit for the 10" (short case) Kymco engine.
Their advice is : do not buy this kit unless your setup is so powerful that it pulls straight to 9000rpm all the way every time...

These guys know what they're talking about, trust me - and I don't think your tiny 80cc (which is probably actually a 72cc with stock carb and camshaft) fits their definition of powerful... Heck, even my 85cc with racing head and T2 camshaft won't go all the way to the top in every situation, a +10% kit would only be a waste of low end acceleration on such a setup...

« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 07:21:52 AM by mono »

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()