Author Topic: Site  (Read 2001 times)

jprestonian

• 2007 Kymco People 250, 2011 Honda PCX
    • View Profile
    • a scooter called wanda
Site
« on: June 23, 2009, 02:30:16 AM »
Am I the only one who's not got the full suite of site features now, after yesterday's lengthy outage?  Notably, the "show unread posts" feature isn't working for me.

Thanks!

skadamo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Site
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2009, 08:25:51 AM »
Hey jprestonian, I apologize for the outage and the lack of explanation. I have been working to restore other sites. I host on bluehost.com. Out of the blue I got a notice saying my account is not being backed up because I have over 50k files. Actually I had over 300k files. How they let me get to that point is beyond me.

So, over the weekend I was picking away at cleaning up unneeded files. I was down to 70k and feeling good. Wife wanted to go shopping and drag me with so I was somewhat hurried. They do not allow command line access so I was using a file manager which allows you to navigate down to a folder while displaying a link to delete everything under the root. Yes, I clicked the link. Yes, it was pretty dumb of me. Many lessons were learned that I thought I already knew. I am working on a fool proof backup plan and I am very embarrassed about the whole thing.

As far as the "show unread posts" feature, it seems to work for me. If you don't mind, please clear your browser cache and try again. Let me know if that works.

jprestonian

• View Profile
    • a scooter called wanda
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2009, 01:45:29 AM »
Hey, Turn... no criticism implied. $h!t happens. I've done some boneheaded server moves, myself.  :)  I'm just glad you were able to restore everything to the degree you HAVE, so far! 

(not important, but if you uploaded an avatar before, you'll need to re-upload it... or better yet, store it off-site)

Cache: Cleared, but the feature is still not working for me, using the latest version of Google Chrome, anyway. I can see there are new posts, though, by using the forum's index page, and drilling down into each "board" that shows a new post, and looking for the "new" icons. It's a little more bother, but not terribly painful as a workaround.

skadamo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2009, 11:15:37 AM »
Hmm, seems to work in IE but not FF or Chrome.

I will look into this.

Also, if you have an RSS reader you use you can subscribe to this..
http://kymcoforum.com/index.php?type=rss;action=.xml

Might make it a little easier until I get it sorted out.  Thanks again for the heads up.

jprestonian

• View Profile
    • a scooter called wanda
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2009, 05:12:36 PM »
I just noticed there's a second link for unread posts that shows up on the page that tells me there's no unread posts (if that makes sense). Clicking that seems to work!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()