Author Topic: Roadcraft  (Read 4940 times)

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
Re: Roadcraft
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2013, 01:19:05 AM »
But not now with the temp at 12F

..it was a high temp of 22 here that same day, the 25th...

...72 here today...the 29th...
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 01:20:57 AM by wordslinger »
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

jerrydwelsh

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2013, 05:09:06 AM »
As most of us have been riding for 50 years or more we have learned a lot about traveling on the highways. I started riding on a scooter and then motorcycles and now back to scooters. each year I travel from Utah to Knoxville, TN by way of Texas, illinois, Indiana, and Kentucky. I travel to many other states during this time also. My scooters have been Honda Silver Wing 600cc, Honda Reflex 250cc, Vespa ET4 150cc this my least favorite. Derbi GP1 50cc no trips longer than 60 miles one way. Burgman 650cc, My favorite "09" Kymco Agility 125cc. I rode this Kymco from Knoxville, TN to Logan, Utah. What a great ride that was. The size of the scooter has to do with the comfort you want and the speed getting to your destination. At my age, soon to be 70 yrs old I enjoy traveling the byways and all the back roads of this country. If you have no idea what roads to use, get a bicycle map for traveling cross country. The most important thing is preparation. do I need tires, do I need an oil change, is everything working perfert, do I have things for me, like medicines, GPS, cell phone, and proper tools. I take a small bag of tools that I replaced from Sears. Do not over pack, if you need more clothes buy them at a thrift shop. I have learned that we are never to old or a scooter to small that it would make us stay home and be a veggie. This year I am prepping a "06" Kymco Bet & Win 150cc. I choose this scoot for having disc brakes front and rear, liquid cooling. 12 inch tires, outside fueling port, not under the seat. This seems to be my idea 150,, traveling scooter. I will add a windshield.
Everyone have s fun summer. If you see me on the road, wave hi or come and talk scooters.

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2013, 05:37:42 AM »
Welcome aboard jerrydwelsh! You are right about that bicycle map, a lot of people don't know this trick. Although I live on the other side of the globe, I learn a lot from this side and tend to compare them. In my province, where ever you go, there's always a sea shore or beach on the other side. My home province is Negros, here in the Philippines and if you notice on the map that all places are found near the shoreline...there's not much on the middle but mountains, unchartered mountains, and home of some bandits.  So, when we ride, we can just bring one beach ball and buy the rest of our needed stuff in the beach souvenir store....  ;) ;) ;)

Hairy Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2013, 09:34:53 AM »
 8) Hey there Jerry, your a bloody legend mate ! I didn't realize you guys rode the smaller cc scoots on long expeditions. What sort of speed can you comfortably sit on? It would be nice and cheap on fuel too I guess. I'm riding a venox 250 cruizer which I've been very impressed with. It takes me where all the big bikes are going, it's pretty comfortable and I'm averaging about 27klm per litre, which isn't too shabby. Thats mostly cruising out in the country and up and down the coast [I'm on the Gold coast, Australia]. Anyway keep us tuned on any more of your adventures Jerry, I'de be more than interested to read about them.
Best regards,
Hairy Bob.

:o Well slap me down with a wet fish Vivo. All this time I thought you where in the States too, and it turns out your just up the road ... well sort of anyway.
Damn the torpedoes .. full steam ahead !

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2013, 05:28:04 AM »

:o Well slap me down with a wet fish Vivo. All this time I thought you where in the States too, and it turns out your just up the road ... well sort of anyway.

Well , hit the deck mate, here comes the wet fish!.. Yup, I'm from the Philippines..not the States ...not even a Brisbanite.... maybe I sound like one?  ;D ;D ;D

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()