Author Topic: Rough engine feel and sound at low speed, and a number of other issues  (Read 1355 times)

AgilityOnAnRV

• View Profile
When I ride at low speed or take off slowly from a stop my Agility 125 feels and sounds a bit rough, rather than the smooth engine sound and feel that I am used to. Once I pass ~15 MPH the rumble goes away.

I don't know if these are at all related, but I also am experiencing a few other issues:

1. It's starting to get cold here (in the low 40s), and one morning I had to try the start button 4-5 times before the scooter fired up. (It made the normal starting sound each time, just didn't come to full life.)

2. A few times when I have been at a stop or have slowed to a near stop, the engine has hesitated / sputtered for a second before accelerating. Is has not died on me yet, but each time it has seemed as though it might.

3. And finally, I have recently found that for the first 5 - 10 minutes of riding (particularly in colder weather) the throttle doesn't add any power beyond ~1/4 to 1/3 turn. Then, seemingly out of nowhere, it will spring to life and give me the normal variation of power across the full range of the throttle. (Increasing power as I turn the throttle more, obviously.)

Got any ideas for me on the rough feel or the other issues?

THANK YOU!

Cortez

• View Profile
    • My flickr account
Re: Rough engine feel and sound at low speed, and a number of other issues
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2012, 08:44:47 AM »
The first issue has at least 5 of of it's own threads here and dozens of posts total across the
board. It's the clutch. Both brakes in, full throttle, let the brakes out slowly and let the scoot
roll up to walking speed. Repeat until the problem goes away.

The other stuff might be dirty carburetor (my bet), but change the sparkplug too if you never
have.
'08 FZ6n S2 ABS

SOLD: 2003 Peugeot Speedfight2 LC, 2007 Kawasaki ER-6F ABS, 2006 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS,

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2012, 03:13:42 PM »
2 - blocked/dirty idle jet?

3 - faulty Autochoke?

Personally i would strip down the full cvt set-up and give it all a good check over and clean before i did anything else. If that didnt work or help i would then do the same on the carb and take it from there if the problem continued.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

tortoise

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2012, 04:34:58 PM »
Agility 125 . . cold here (in the low 40s) . . engine has hesitated / sputtered for a second before accelerating
Consider installing an enricher switch.  Might also benefit from a more slippery oil (more boron element) such as Delo 400 LE.

As always, you are pretty much "chasing your tail" without verifying proper valve lash, and that the carb fuel passageways are not obstructed.  At least rotate up the angled carb vent tube and spray in a shot of carb cleaner to mix with the fuel bowl gas.

« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 01:51:04 AM by tortoise »

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()