Author Topic: Clarks® Chilton Ankle-High Biker Boots for Men  (Read 986 times)

fshfindr

• View Profile
Clarks® Chilton Ankle-High Biker Boots for Men
« on: November 22, 2012, 04:27:20 PM »
I am considering these boots.  They are on sale for $99.00.   If you have them please give me your review.  Also, how do the sizes go.

Thanks,
Richard L.
Richard L. in Bellmawr
Keep The Rubber Side Down & The Helmet Side Up

Mike Green

• View Profile
Re: Clarks® Chilton Ankle-High Biker Boots for Men
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2012, 06:56:26 PM »
Hi Richard,
I am not familiar with that brand. I like the Vegas brand and their prices are within the same range that you quoted. When I had my wreck the outer sole on the right outer side of the boot was scraped off but the integrity of the boot held together saving my right foot from no other damage than a broken bone. This time around I ordered the higher top with side zippers rather than the laces and velcro like I had before. The upper leather is butter soft but well reinforced on the inside and the soles have great traction, especially in gravel and sand. I order most of my gear from the
Jafrum web site. They are really fast as far as shipping and have done exchanges for me no questions asked. I hope this helps because IMHO the only way to know your protective equipment
is to have them do the job during a real wreck.
Mike

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2012, 02:38:30 AM »
They look nice fsh... Maybe good for daily commute but for touring I would consider seriously a pair motorcycle riding boots.

http://www.urbanrider.co.uk/scooter-clothing/shop-by-product-type/scooter-boots-shoes.html

fshfindr

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2012, 03:35:25 PM »
Thanks for the input guys, this is what I ordered; Milwaukee-Afterburner-Mens-MB407.  From http://www.jafrum.com  I'll report back after I get them.

Richard L.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 07:39:42 PM by fshfindr »
Richard L. in Bellmawr
Keep The Rubber Side Down & The Helmet Side Up

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()