Author Topic: Frustrated driving  (Read 2118 times)

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
Frustrated driving
« on: November 23, 2012, 10:11:44 PM »
I always leave for work with little or no time to spare (don't ask why cause I don't know), then I find myself uptight when I get stuck behind some jerk a moe who can't tell the light won't get any other shade of green. I wind up getting to work on time but often having to pull some funky tricks to do so, (right on red when not allowed, U-turn etc). However I must say that riding the scoot has changed all that, no more getting stuck behind the cel phone talker, the day dreamer or the person that just can't seem to realize you can still make a left even if the arrow is burned out.

Now I can simply zip around them, no worries about being held up for no logical reason.

Love to scoot.
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties either expressed or written and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use, the author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner

bandit

• View Profile
Re: Frustrated driving
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2012, 08:10:12 PM »
I go through the same thing when I ride to work. One day I was glad I was on the scooter when two drivers in front of me got out of their cars and started fighting! I rode up on the sidewalk and made my escape. ;D

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2012, 10:23:25 PM »
I like watching women puting on there make-up in the cars. As you drive buy you bang on there window watching that make-up brush go down the side of there face.   lol

Mike Green

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2012, 11:30:54 PM »
I really admire your courage and fortitude. Some of your mornings must be really cold and then to throw traffic glitchs into the mix can make for an uncomfortable and frustrating ride. When you are running late please remember that you are invisible to the cagers and especially the big transport trucks. Be safe because those idiots are probably late too and are not looking out for or don't care that a small scoot is in their way. You are on your own out there so keep all the safety issues in mind, and please remember; ATGATT!
Mike

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2012, 02:26:44 AM »
I really admire your courage and fortitude. Some of your mornings must be really cold and then to throw traffic glitchs into the mix can make for an uncomfortable and frustrating ride. When you are running late please remember that you are invisible to the cagers and especially the big transport trucks. Be safe because those idiots are probably late too and are not looking out for or don't care that a small scoot is in their way. You are on your own out there so keep all the safety issues in mind, and please remember; ATGATT!
Mike

Mike thanks for your concern, it's not always as I described but often enough tobring it to mind. Lucky for me my commute is off hours, my day starts at about 2PM so I'm riding in around 1:30 but a small part crosses a truck route and a few trafficlights that autos seem to be afraid to pass through with all the trucks around them so they freeze.

I where a full yellow and orange reflecter saftey vest at all times when I ride and I alway make eye or other contact with the truckers before I make a move, they usually wave me on by for having the curtesy of signaling my moves in advance so they know what to expect.

I don't drive carzy or wreckless but am not opposed to making a needed pass when the time calls for it. Blue, I've never had the nerve to knock on the window when passing but I can imagine the sightof the makeup brush being draged down ones face.
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties either expressed or written and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use, the author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner

Zimmerman

• ---------
  • Northeastern Pennsyvania USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2012, 01:24:24 PM »
0'7

If they wave you on that's probably ok, but drivers will look you right in the eye then run you over.

Don't count on eye contact as they might not be looking at you.

KZ
Kymco Yager GT200i
Kymco People 150
Yamaha Riva 125

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2012, 12:20:28 AM »
0'7

If they wave you on that's probably ok, but drivers will look you right in the eye then run you over.

Don't count on eye contact as they might not be looking at you.

KZ
If they look you in the eye and weng and she is good looking thats ok.

Zimmerman

• ---------
  • Northeastern Pennsyvania USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2012, 12:43:59 AM »
If she's cute and gives you a wink - invite her for a scooter ride!

Truer words were never spoken, 'It's not the size of the engine but how masterfully she's driven up and down the hills.'
Kymco Yager GT200i
Kymco People 150
Yamaha Riva 125

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2012, 01:54:20 AM »
If she's cute and gives you a wink - invite her for a scooter ride!

Then she'll say... hand over your wallet.... ;D

Love to scoot...really... no traffic, no full parking, low parking rates, fast, low gas bills...... ;)

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2012, 02:15:50 AM »

Ya so she can go shopeing....................

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2012, 02:22:09 AM »

Ya so she can go shopeing....................

And buy a nice lingerie........  ;D

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()