Author Topic: Service Manual  (Read 1268 times)

mrmike

• Syuracuse, NY
    • View Profile
Service Manual
« on: November 25, 2012, 01:07:29 PM »
  I will be ordering my new People GT 300i in February. Does anyone know of a site where I can purchase or download a service manual  for the GT 300i?
Blue '23 People S 150i ABS  Moto Discovery GPS bar, Shad SH33 top case, Iridium spark plug, Black reflective graphics, Battery Tender ring terminal cable, LED tag light.         
Past rides- '73 Honda 450, '00 Harley Softail Deuce, '10 Kymco People 150, '12 Kymco GTI 300, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i ABS

scooterboi

• View Profile
Re: Service Manual
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2012, 03:23:58 PM »
AFAIK the easiest and cheapest way to get a service manual is to have a thumb drive handy and ask the dealer to save you a copy of the PDF on it.  I asked and just told them I was doing research for a purchase next spring (true).  They gave it to me no problem.  The version they gave me is just a simple PDF, but there are other PDF versions that are more interactive with bookmarks and more (and better!) pictures ( and costing ~$25), but (for free) this worked great!  BTW, it is still under copyright so I won't be posting it to the forum.
Genuine '06 Buddy 125 (aka. PGO Bubu)

mrmike

• Syuracuse, NY
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2013, 01:19:10 PM »
  Bought a new 2012 several weeks ago. Asked the dealer about downloading the service manual but he didn't seem too interested in doing it for me. Probably doesn't want me doing my own maintenance. Still looking for a site where I can get a manual. I would like the best copy I can get and am willing to pay for it. Any suggestions?
Blue '23 People S 150i ABS  Moto Discovery GPS bar, Shad SH33 top case, Iridium spark plug, Black reflective graphics, Battery Tender ring terminal cable, LED tag light.         
Past rides- '73 Honda 450, '00 Harley Softail Deuce, '10 Kymco People 150, '12 Kymco GTI 300, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i ABS

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2013, 04:11:58 PM »
I got a service manual from the dealer for DWs Like 200i. Could not find any copyright anywhere on/in it. Taiwan like China do not recognize any copyright, anywhere, or they did not used to. The Yager service manual I got from someone here has no copyright as well. Dealers have the manuals on PDF. Reluctance on their part could be the techs just don't know how to download.....

Karl
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()