Author Topic: After cutting the cdi scooter seemed to run faster till i rejetted the carb  (Read 1909 times)

KymcoFan

• View Profile
I cut the cdi and the scooter ran great. Then i rejetted the carb and the scooter showed no change it even seemed like it wasnt as quick as it was before the jet came with the scooter when i bought it I was wondering if there was something extra i needed to do to get more performance, or if i should just put the old jet in it.  I know the jet that came with it was a bigger jet because they wanted to charge me to put it in so i just did it my self

jprestonian

• 2007 Kymco People 250, 2011 Honda PCX
    • View Profile
    • a scooter called wanda
I know the jet that came with it was a bigger jet because they wanted to charge me to put it in so i just did it my self

I'm not parsing the logic, there. Labor is labor, regardless.

KymcoFan

• View Profile
I know labor is labor but I was hoping to find out if the new jet made a difference in other peoples scooters

blue

• View Profile
I put the new jet in mine and dont find much of a difference. you can only do so much with out the 70 kit. or bigger and better carb, I was thinking a slider carb like you see in the little 50 dirt bikes.

KymcoFan

• View Profile
What about a new air filter will that help? I actually lost some speed when I put the jet in after cutting the cdi

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()