Author Topic: Syms Yager  (Read 1662 times)

Poots

• View Profile
Syms Yager
« on: December 02, 2012, 09:10:13 PM »

Syms is now showing a model that looks for all the world like our beloved albeit now cancelled Yager.

They call it the RV 200 EVO

Have a look:

http://alliancepowersports.com/sym-rv-200-evo/specifications.html

This nice little 171.2cc scooter is a nice replacement for Yager’s 174.5cc scoot. It doesn’t have that cavernous 2.9 gallon Yager gas tank, but it does have a respectable 2.11 gallon tank.

It also has a higher seat height that I like – 32.5 inches versus Yager’s 31 inches (29.9 inches on the Honda PCX-150). That is a sticking point with me on the Honda. Not only doesn’t the Honda have a flat floorboard, that low seat height is very cramped for my 6-foot 180 pound frame.

I was going to buy a Honda PCX 150 next spring, but this looks like just the thing. It even has the correct tire and wheel size that I want. Something more like a scooter and less like a `do everything scoot’ that it isn’t designed to be in the first place. Leave that job to the Kymco People 300 where it belongs…

It even comes in three colors – red, white, and black. I want something more fun than just black or white so I guess I will go for the red. Burnt orange or yellow would be better, but it’s better than Kymco ever offered with the Yager.

It doesn’t show in the stats whether it is a carb or electronic fuel injection. That could be a problem. EFI is just better and if it is EFI equipped it would probably say so – bummer.

It is water cooled though and that is very important to me here in Houston. It’s in the 80’s today as I write this post in December. Winter is a short season here… :)

If it’s an EFI scoot than this spring it’s mine.

Poots
I'm from Texas. What country are Y'all from?

MotoRandy123

• Lets Ride!
    • View Profile
Re: Syms Yager
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2012, 09:35:54 PM »
I'm pretty sure it is EFI, I saw an add for it several years ago but there was some delay.
Funny it doesn't say that though. It has a temp gauge, I miss that on the Yager.

It has 4 valves so maybe the head could be swapped onto the Yager. It goes 72 vs 67 for
 the Yager, that's probably the 4 valves breathing a bit better (though they show the same
power). I wonder why the Yager weights 308 lbs and RV 343?

My Yager sits high (32") the wife has trouble flat footing it. The price is good too. I love my
Yager but would get this one instead to get the 4 valves. Kymco discontinued the Yager for 2013
I wonder if their coordinating with SYM and don't want to step on their toes?
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 09:39:13 PM by MotoRandy123 »
2012 Yager GT 200I - Southern NH

Zimmerman

• ---------
  • Northeastern Pennsyvania USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2012, 11:52:36 PM »
That's quite a difference in weight, so it can't be a true Yager clone.
But that doesn't really matter - ride it, if you like it go for it.

Hang out on the SYM Forum to make sure people like the company.

I do like the stock windscreen better than the Yager.

Also the pc shows a kick start, which I like as a back up.

KZ

PS The SYM HD200 was legendary.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 11:56:14 PM by Zimmerman »
Kymco Yager GT200i
Kymco People 150
Yamaha Riva 125

ludo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2012, 05:28:46 AM »
In the US, it's carburated.
The RV200 EVO shares the engine of the SYM HD200.

I had the latest and it is amazing power for only 171cc.
From personal experience, I can say that the HD200 is faster and has a better top speed than the Yager.
It's probably due to the multi-valve and ceramic coated cylinder.

There are many discussions about the SYM RV200 on SYMForum.com and mainly here:

http://symforum.com/index.php?board=23.0

FYI, in other parts of the world, it's called the SYM JoyRide and many accessories are available.

One thing that SYM did right for sure, it's the SEAT!!!!!  ;D

« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 05:31:50 AM by ludo »
Kymco Yager GT200i -
Totally awesome machine with anti-theft styling ;D

MotoRandy123

• Lets Ride!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2012, 11:54:23 AM »
 Hmm. I wonder why we keep not getting fuel injection? The EPA would like it better I would expect.
I looked at the Aprilia 200 as it makes more power than the Yager but here it is carbed.

That is the scoot with the 4 valve head that might work on the Yager though. Maybe they didn't want
 to pay to get the injection reworked?

Still funny the power is the same as the Yager (15.3 hp - 8000 RPM Max  Torque:9.76 lb/ft - 6500 RPM)
but that is with a carb. People on the SYM site say the fuel injected one does this;

Max power 16bhp @ 8000rpm
Max Torque 14.94Nm @ 6500rpm

That's what the 4 valves should do for you...

I had found it here as a 2010 model so was confused when it wasn't available yet.
It sounded just like the Yager so I wondered if Kymco was getting from SYM to sell...
http://www.smartcycleshopper.com/motorcycles/sym/2010-sym-rv-200-scooter-2/
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 11:59:23 AM by MotoRandy123 »
2012 Yager GT 200I - Southern NH

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()