Author Topic: Carb Problems  (Read 13300 times)

blue

• View Profile
Re: Carb Problems
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2012, 11:04:33 PM »
monsterscooterparts .com has some. I got mine from theam in about 3 to 4 days.

fabio

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2012, 07:33:10 PM »
I think I've just found an inexpensive one on ebay  ;D
Current Stable: Kawasaki GPZ500, Honda CB125TDC, Piaggio NRG MC2, Kymco Agility..................Previous Rides: Vespa ET2, Vespa GT125, Vespa PK125, Lambretta Cento

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2012, 09:17:01 PM »
Remember and check it has the right jet size in it. Should be 82 for a stock derestricted scoot.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

fabio

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2012, 01:21:39 PM »
Remember and check it has the right jet size in it. Should be 82 for a stock derestricted scoot.

Yes will do - I've got a selection of jet sizes and threads from my adventures with Vespas....  http://modernvespa.com/forum/topic73471

Fabio

Current Stable: Kawasaki GPZ500, Honda CB125TDC, Piaggio NRG MC2, Kymco Agility..................Previous Rides: Vespa ET2, Vespa GT125, Vespa PK125, Lambretta Cento

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2012, 06:11:48 PM »
Not sure the Vespa jets will fit, you may be lucky tho.

Nice scoots in the link, you still got the vespas and the Lammy? I just finished building a T5 classic into an older looking vintage sleeper.I might keep a mental note to p.m you at some point if i ever need some Vespa advice.

Think this links to pics of my build, ive just got a lower sports front shock to bring the wheel up more into the mudguard cos the T5 one thats on it in the pics spoiled the vintage look.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.262146780501179.59170.100001175782324&type=1&l=ddee87f4a5
Chaos is my co-pilot.

fabio

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2012, 06:25:11 PM »

The threads on the GT125 may do cos its uses a Keihin CVK - jets prob too big bored though IIRC

Vespa.....No, they've gone I'm afraid...

This is what I had up until a couple of month ago....  1997 Vespa ET2 70cc (the one in the link), 2006 Vespa GT125, 1983 Vespa PK125, and a 1964 Lambretta Cento.....they've all gone now

Currently I have........ 1988 Kawasaki GPZ500, 1984 Honda CB125TDC, 1997 Piaggio NRG MC2, and most recently a 2008 Kymco Agility 50..................

I always buy non-runners or ones that have stood unused for a while, then get them going and sell them on (most usually for a small profit)

PM me if you need any help...or indeed over at Modern Vespa they are pretty knowledgable on Vintage Vespas too in the NSM section

Fabio

« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 06:34:48 PM by fabio »

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2012, 08:15:35 PM »
Cool. Nice bike collection. Yeah i joined modern vespa and few others, havent been on much tho, tbh they seem a bit of a weird bunch on the vespa forums, maybe its just me? Doesnt seem as friendly and fun as on here. They do have some useful info on there tho.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

fabio

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2012, 08:33:24 PM »
Cool. Nice bike collection. Yeah i joined modern vespa and few others, havent been on much tho, tbh they seem a bit of a weird bunch on the vespa forums, maybe its just me? Doesnt seem as friendly and fun as on here. They do have some useful info on there tho.

Prob cos most of them are US based  ;D

Mind you having said that I found some of the most annoying users on the site were UK based, in particular there were a handful of UK based MVers that were very self-righteous!
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 08:42:13 PM by fabio »

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2012, 09:27:42 PM »
Sounds about right. Last time i went on i got moaned at because i prefered to bolt my floor runners on rather than use an official Vespa factory punch and rivets  :D

I just got pissed off when some guy riding a chop had a go at me for modding MY vespa the way I wanted  ::)
Chaos is my co-pilot.

MotoRandy123

• Lets Ride!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2012, 09:36:21 PM »
I started a topic about windshields and was told maybe a scooter wasn't for me..!
2012 Yager GT 200I - Southern NH

mono

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2012, 11:23:05 PM »

Seems typical for every forum that has to do with something that's connected to fashion or zealotry, like e.g. Vespa's or high-end audio... You're either in or out, cool or uncool, knowing or ignorant... The kind of people that will turn anything into a competition, just trying too hard to be somebody...

I guess that's one of the reasons that this forum is so relaxed, Kymco is just not a fashion thing...  8)

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2012, 12:15:27 AM »
I guess that's one of the reasons that this forum is so relaxed, Kymco is just not a fashion thing...  

..th kymco is a machine...and should be treated as one...

..they perform, and performance wears things out...

..this forum is the best thing i've ever found on the internets...                

8)

....welll...there was this one sight with naked people...that was kinda cool...
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 12:23:50 AM by wordslinger »
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

fabio

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2012, 10:10:07 AM »
...and you also find on there a little clique of people who find it funny to abuse newbies - I always tried to help new users out with the little knowledge that I'd got - and I must admit I got great enjoyment from that.

What was really funny... was that I started a thread on trying to get a 50cc modern vespa to go as fast as I could without spending much money and I got 2 kinds of comments/PM.

Here is the thread......... http://modernvespa.com/forum/topic73471

The first kind of comment was from every rider who had a 50cc who thoroughly enjoyed my challenge and helped me along or learned something from me. With that group of users there was a great level of comradery.

The second group were the vespa "purists" or the "I only ride a 200cc" users or "oh no I don't approve of riding a modern" type....the comments were sarcastic, rude, heckling and downright nasty!!!

Ok rant over....nuff said. :)

Fabio

« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 10:17:59 AM by fabio »

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2012, 02:25:57 PM »
They just dont get it. Us 50cc riders are just pond scum to them. Most of them wouldnt know where to begin modding a 50cc.

For me i like both my scoots for different reasons. Vespa for having fun, going long runs and speed. Kymco for commuting, reliability, cheapness and ease of use. Vespa is away till the weather improves, hes my thoroughbred, kymco rode me to work this morning in the sleet , shes my workhorse ;D
Chaos is my co-pilot.

fabio

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2012, 06:33:55 PM »

The replacement carb has landed in the post today - so hopefully tomorrow I can get it fitted.

I've opened the float bowl and the first thing that i noted that was obviously different was that the idle jet on the new carb stands proud of its location tube.... whereas the idle jet on the old carb sits deep inside the tube so it shrouds the jet (maybe this is why I was having idling problems me thinks? - maybe with the jet being shrouded it was struggling to get a good and regular supply of gas?)

« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 07:04:26 PM by fabio »

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()