Author Topic: family problem  (Read 6659 times)

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
Re: family problem
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2012, 02:05:18 AM »
...run, my brother, run...

..get th fuk out!!....

..not saying "run away"...it's a matter of perspective....
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

Peters

• In Glock I Trust
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2012, 02:30:12 AM »
I'm 25 and livin at home but guess what... I work and I go to school and I volunteered to pay part of the bills. I figure I need to build credit now anyway.

I have a friend who is just like what blue describes. I'm starting to drift away from him because of it. He never knew his dad so his mom let him get away with sh** his entire life. He just had a kid with this poor girl, won't get a job, and won't go to school. As much as I encourage him to go to school he's just too lazy I guess. He has anger issues and throws temper tantrums over stupid things. He had the nerve to get mad at me when he broke my windshield and I got upset about it. You broke my f***in windshield, I'm allowed to be upset. He got in my face and I laid his ass out. I'm 6'2 and 270 lbs., don't get in my face. He's had jobs but never holds one for more than 6 months. He sits at home smoking weed and watching tv. Don't get me wrong I used to smoke all day everyday, but damn I had to grow up a little. I don't see anything wrong with smokin a joint here and there but there's more to life than sitting around taking bong hits all day. My problem is I have no self control. If I start smokin weed again I'll be takin bong rips first thing every morning. I did it for years.
*2010 People 50 2t with 70cc kit and more
*2001 ZX-50 beater

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2012, 03:08:14 AM »
I'm 25 and livin at home but guess what... I work and I go to school and I volunteered to pay part of the bills. I figure I need to build credit now anyway.

I have a friend who is just like what blue describes. I'm starting to drift away from him because of it. He never knew his dad so his mom let him get away with sh** his entire life. He just had a kid with this poor girl, won't get a job, and won't go to school. As much as I encourage him to go to school he's just too lazy I guess. He has anger issues and throws temper tantrums over stupid things. He had the nerve to get mad at me when he broke my windshield and I got upset about it. You broke my f***in windshield, I'm allowed to be upset. He got in my face and I laid his ass out. I'm 6'2 and 270 lbs., don't get in my face. He's had jobs but never holds one for more than 6 months. He sits at home smoking weed and watching tv. Don't get me wrong I used to smoke all day everyday, but damn I had to grow up a little. I don't see anything wrong with smokin a joint here and there but there's more to life than sitting around taking bong hits all day. My problem is I have no self control. If I start smokin weed again I'll be takin bong rips first thing every morning. I did it for years.

sounds like your a good man keep up the good work.thats aonother story with this kid his real dad gave up on him so thats when I came in to his live and gave him things bought him a truck and gave him extra cash when he was good and helped out around the house.But know its just time to grow up.

Peters

• In Glock I Trust
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2012, 03:10:11 AM »
But know its just time to grow up.

Yep!
*2010 People 50 2t with 70cc kit and more
*2001 ZX-50 beater

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2012, 03:13:32 AM »
+1

..or run!!!

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2012, 03:35:47 AM »
+1

..or run!!!

Got room for rent wordslinger.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2012, 03:39:05 AM »
..you can pretty much scoot year-round in th piedmont of NC, bro...

..we got jobs here too...
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 03:41:42 AM by wordslinger »

Calothrix

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2012, 04:02:39 AM »
Tough love brother, tough love is what it will take.  But until momma's on board, nothing is gonna change.  I feel for ya Blue.

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2012, 11:07:20 AM »
Does any one have step kits that are over 20 and just to lazy to get off there ass and get a job.and expexctstep dad and mom to pay his bills.

Well, in Italy, majority of people over 35, even 40, still live with their parents, because low salaries and high real estate prices do not permit them to start their own families. There were even court rulings that parents HAVE TO cover expenses of their adult children, and children suing their parents for financial support!
---
Kymco People GT300i 2017 ABS Euro4
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2012, 12:28:20 PM »
Well, in Italy, majority of people over 35, even 40, still live with their parents, because low salaries and high real estate prices do not permit them to start their own families. There were even court rulings that parents HAVE TO cover expenses of their adult children, and children suing their parents for financial support!

that sounds like my younger brother hes 43 and stell haveing kids and lives with mom yet. And he dont work.
he lives off the Gov. I beleave if someone is able to work they should not live off the Gov.

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2012, 02:51:43 PM »
Its all been said Blue, hes acting like a dick ADHD or not. As long as you and the wife are paying his bills and giving him cash for gas etc he wont ever change. I would at least stop paying his way and let him pay for his own sh**. You give him a roof over his head and free food and heat etc so he has it ok, if he wants to run a car and have a phone etc then he has to be earning to pay for it. If he dontcwant a job then he wont have all the cool things he wants. Let him shout or moan all he likes, just stay calm, dont let it rattle you and walk away if it gets too much until he cools down. Explain theres a recession on and money is tight so you cant be paying all his stuff anymore cos you got no spare cash. If he still wont buck up then thats up to him but i imagine he likes his car, phone and comforts so wont want to lose them.

He so needs to take the meds if he was prescribed them and stop being threatening. Like you said tho, if the wife gives in all the time it wont work, she has to buck up too and see how he is. Unless she wants to lose you, which could happen if he keeps driving you 2 apart, then where would he be with no Blue money coming in?

Good luck Blue.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2012, 03:29:57 PM »
Thanks for all the help guys.  I Just whish my wife would see things my way. Dont think she ever well...
man and wife should stick together on everything in the house. and kids........

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2012, 12:55:19 AM »
..i agree blue, and there is some really good advice in this post..

..think now, of where this whole situation is going to be in, saayy 10 years...

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2012, 12:59:21 AM »
Thanks for all the help guys.  I Just whish my wife would see things my way. Dont think she ever well...
man and wife should stick together on everything in the house. and kids........

Every fa,ily has one or two so don't feel like your alone in this. If your wife won't back you that's part of the problem, he knows she is the soft one and plays on that. I'll tell you what my brother did with his kid when he found himself in a spot much like you.

First you need to be ready to lose your wife or know just how far she's willing to be pushed, once you think you know this you can take as much action as you feel comfortable with, but be ready for a fight. Also you need to know if this "son" will try and inflict harm to you once you take action, people that take drugs are dangerous (not saying he is taking).

You go into his room while he's out and remove every item you or your wife paid for, bed, matterss, furniture, clothes, light bulb, turn the heat off and remove the knob, remove the door to his room if there's one in place etc. Leave the mirror if there's one there so he can see how stupid and poor he looks. If he breaks anything keep a running bill for him to repay.

When he starts meeting your demands you can allow him to "RENT" back anything you took away, this way you can again remove it if needed.

Tell him, if he gets a job the mattess goes back on the floor, when he pays you an agreed amount of rent he gets other things back. If your wife goes aginst you publicly let her know to never ever go against you in public again, you need to be strong and may have to explain to her why it's important, she should understand. Reverse the situation on her and the light bulb usually lights up.

If she gives you too much greif over it leave and don't come back until the demands are met.
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties either expressed or written and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use, the author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2012, 01:01:06 AM »
..more good stuff blue...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()