Author Topic: Scoot Towbar  (Read 1331 times)

fshfindr

• View Profile
Scoot Towbar
« on: December 16, 2012, 11:31:24 PM »
Does anyone know where to get a tow bar for the scoot.  When I bring it in for scheduled service, I need a way to tow it behind my car.  Also on vacation.

Richard L.
Richard L. in Bellmawr
Keep The Rubber Side Down & The Helmet Side Up

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Scoot Towbar
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2012, 08:19:27 PM »
I have a Versa Haul that carried my Yager for a coupla years for $100. Shipping might be over that .

Karl
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

ScooterWolf

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2012, 10:48:14 PM »
U-Haul may have motorcycle trailers for rent. You can also rent a van or truck from Home depot for a few hours if that will do the trick.

-Wolf

fshfindr

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2012, 10:00:17 PM »
Has anyone heard of a Slick Wheelie?  Karl's Versa Haul would have been good except that it would not work with my car.  I still have to look into rentals as suggested by Wolf.  But now I have seen the Slick Wheelie in the internet.  You pull the bike with the front wheel up and the rear wheel turning on the street.  it looks like it should be OK.  Does anyone know anything about them?

Richard L.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 04:27:01 PM by fshfindr »
Richard L. in Bellmawr

fshfindr

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2012, 07:23:05 PM »
OK, I surrender.  It looks like the Wolfman is right.  I have done the research and I have the answer, rent a small truck with a ramp.  I looks like $15 to $20 for the basic rental.  Add taxes, and whatever charges they can think off.  Probably about $30 each day for 2 days.  It seems like there should be a better way but...?
If you have a small truck with the proper hitch, check with Karl.  The Versa Haul seems like a good thing.

Richard L.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 04:17:31 PM by fshfindr »
Richard L. in Bellmawr

MotoRandy123

• Lets Ride!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2012, 07:34:01 PM »
I have an 4x8 trailer that I tow behind my car. It comes in handy for a lot of things
(especially hauling home bargans off Craig's list). I rented a trailer from U-Haul a
couple of times. They are heavy! I pulled those with our old Honda CRV, I don't think
I'd try it with my Honda FIT. Our trailer cost $369 from Tractor Supply and we have it
whenever we need it!
2012 Yager GT 200I - Southern NH

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()