Author Topic: Derestricting your Agility Very Easy  (Read 2858 times)

KymcoFan

• View Profile
Derestricting your Agility Very Easy
« on: July 02, 2009, 08:14:17 PM »
I have been doing work on my Agility for the past few weeks, and I have gotten quite a bit of speed and acceleration out of it.  Without getting the big bore kit which I will do at a later time when I am ready to.  For those who are looking to derestrict here are most of the basics.

Cutting the CDI is the first step I took and the best.  Locate approxamatly the center of the cdi and cut into it slowly this is the side of the cdi with the plug but the oppisite end of the plug the cdi is located in the battery storage on your scooter and is a small black box make sure you cut the small wire in the cdi if you cut too deep you will damage it and have to get a new one

Second the boss variator and weights these are located where your belt is on your scooter for those who would like to do these modifications I recommend you go on youtube.com and type in Kymco agility variator weights or something to that effect there is a tem min. instructional video on how to do this once again it is very easy as long as you follow the steps in the video be careful when you pull the variator out while there are clips on the back end that fit in some grooves you do not want to lose these

There is also a vid on youtube on clutch mod's as well

Fuel filter also will increase performance

Rejetting the carb.  It is a lot easier to rejett the carb if you take the seat off first it is only a few bolts and a couple clips just dont force it.  The carb is held on by three bolts and is easily taken off in the bottom bowl of the carb you will see the jet just unscrew and screw the new jet in easy as pie Hopefully this info will be as helpfull to you as it has been to me

mopeddad

• View Profile
Re: Derestricting your Agility Very Easy
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2009, 08:42:47 PM »
We just got a used 2009 Agility 50 today.  My son got a moped drivers license here in Texas (15 years old) so we decided on this thing.  On the drive home we noticed it was WAYYY slow.  Topped out at 28 mph.  It is a used bike with about 300 kilometers on it.  We even drove by a Radar sign and it said 28 mph.   So home we went and cut into the edge of the CDI and through the wire.  The speedo on the Bike said 52Kmh before the cut and now goes to 62Kmh.  Drove by the Speed Radar again and it says 32 mph now..... so we gained 4 actual mph

I would like for it to hit 37 mph.  Is this possible?  Where can I buy the clutch boss at a cheap price?  Will the clutch boss contribute another 4 to 5 miles per hour or is this thing at its top?  can the existing clutch boss be machined down?  the Shoulder removed?

Thanks,
Mike
Pearland, TX

KymcoFan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2009, 12:56:35 AM »
You can get parts at http://www.monsterscooterparts.com/kymco.html the boss drive isnt very expensive or hard to do and it will definatly increase speed you should do the variator weights while your doing the boss drive also rejetting the carb will help performance a #85 Jet will do fine my Kymco does about 47 mph and is almost completely derestricted

mopeddad

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2009, 10:11:03 PM »
Today we got the unrestricted clutch boss from Apollo scooters in Houston ($18.95).  We almost got it on and found my old 12volt cordless impact would hardly run anymore and we could not get the nut off the crank shaft to remove the outer pulley! ???   

So we are stuck until we find an electric impact we can borrow in the Pearland, TX area.

We put it back together and are searching for a tool we can borrow.

Mike

Kenho21

• I live my life 0.402336 kilometers at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2009, 03:44:03 AM »
How do I know which fuel filter to get to increase performance? Will any after market fuel filter be better than stock?

Thanks, Kenho ;D
2009 Kymco Agility 50- 72cc Airsal kit, Uni Free-Flow Air Filter, Main Jet 120, 1500 Contra Spring, 6g Rollers, Malossi Multivar Variator, NCY Exhaust, NCY 80cc Camshaft, Cut CDI, Smooth Boss Drive, MRP Ignition Coil

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2009, 11:03:05 PM »
Today we got the unrestricted clutch boss from Apollo scooters in Houston ($18.95).  We almost got it on and found my old 12volt cordless impact would hardly run anymore and we could not get the nut off the crank shaft to remove the outer pulley! ???   

So we are stuck until we find an electric impact we can borrow in the Pearland, TX area.

We put it back together and are searching for a tool we can borrow.

Mike

I made the tools to disassemble the clutch...i can send you pics if you want 'm...

peace

..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

mopeddad

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2009, 11:32:10 PM »
We did it!  Of course I had to buy myself an Aircompressor and an air impact!  Now I'm a excited as my son because I got new tools.

We replced the clutch Boss and now it does 38 mph at the speed radar sign.  Pretty good.

So, to recap.

Stock Agility 50cc - 28 mph at the Radar sign
cut wire in CDI mod - 32 mph at radar sign
Clutch boss and CDI - 38 mph at radar sign.

Total of 10 mph actual speed gain!  Of course the speedometer on the bike says you are going much faster.

Thanks everyone.  I'm happy with this speed for my 15 yr old.

Mike

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()