Author Topic: Just bought a Non Running People 50 with a 70CC kit  (Read 1666 times)

phoghat

• View Profile
Just bought a Non Running People 50 with a 70CC kit
« on: July 07, 2009, 12:54:01 AM »
Guys, help me out here, please. I just bought a People 50 with a 70CC big bore kit and a performance pipe. It's been sitting for a year and a half, battery is dead. The previous owner jump it from his car and said it started.
I bought and downloaded the shop manual, although I haven't read it as yet. My question is: what should I do first?

yanobobano

• View Profile
Re: Just bought a Non Running People 50 with a 70CC kit
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2009, 04:09:09 AM »
buy a new battery?  ;D

OldGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2009, 01:19:22 PM »
So you never actually heard it run? If so, hope you didn't pay much. You should be able to kick start it. If not try a new spark plug and fresh gas. Keep the old spark plug. Ket us know if that works.
OldGuy
Wanna be GrandVista rider

Inside every old person is a young person wondering,
"What the heck happened?"

chubbyrockstar

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2009, 03:28:12 AM »
Dont do anything yet...drain all the oil and gas from it and refresh it first.
make sure your oil filter and fuel filter is clean. Refilll them and then put a new spark plug in it.
after that try to kick start it, but be easy the kickstart is for emergency only. make sure the kill switch is off on the handlebars. then if you see maybe signs of life grab a battery and then install that and give it a shot.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2009, 05:09:59 AM »
I use a dewalt 3/8" cordless drill w/ a 6" 1/4" drive extension w/ the correct socket on the flywheel nut. I can spin the engine all day w/out hurting the bike. Some seafoam in the fuel won't hurt either. Too many times i have looked over the carb only to find spiders living in an old/dry float bowl. If you don't know the condition pull the carb and see. the fuel, and plug are first.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()