Author Topic: turn signals  (Read 1204 times)

temeculadon

• View Profile
turn signals
« on: January 16, 2013, 02:53:01 AM »
Hello, i'm new to scootin and just got my new 2013 DT 300i and I notice that here in the USA the front turn signals are in the mirrors, just wondering if there is a way to hook up the the mirror signals with the one in front  where the headlights are without messing anything up? Just think that would look good and be more visible.

de dee

• 2011 300i downtown 82,265 KM.
    • View Profile
Re: turn signals
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2013, 11:08:39 AM »
I just wired mine to the running lights, the ground wire is wired in, and the power wire is not , just taped to the ground wire,. I think you would have to change the bulbs to  LED.s then run wires to the mirror wires,. when you have the front clip off, that would be a good time to install HID headlights, low beam , I dont need high beam with HID.s       and that would be a good time to wire in a battery charger wire, tha makes a good plug in for heat gear or tire pump if you want, have lots of fun & ride safe,   Joe

temeculadon

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2013, 12:31:51 AM »
Joe, thanks for the reply, I was hoping it would be real simple, dont know if I wanna get in there yet, only have 100 miles on it, also not to familiar with the HID lights, since i'm new to all this, but, the idea of hooking up some wires to charge the battery, is a great idea, thanks for the info

MotoRandy123

• Lets Ride!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2013, 01:06:22 PM »
 Hmm the turn signals are in the mirrors? My Yager has covers where the turn signals would be, I wondered
how to add those in. Having lights up high and wide like that helps the other vehicles to see you. I couldn't
see how the wires would be routed as the stems are not hollow.

If I remember correctly your stock bulbs are LED's (as the flasher can be used on other bikes that convert to
them). But routing the wires all the way up to the handlebars might be tricky.

Temeculadon HID's are the super bright headlights you see on some cars. They are usually blue or purple tinted.
They work like the lights on ball fields. A high voltage is produced which ignites some gases. These turn into
a plasma and give off tons of light. You can run 35 watt lights and get the equivalent of 150 watts out of them.
 They are a little work to install as there is a separate power supply for the high voltage (called ballast).

Here's a link to some automotive kits. I like to get 4300K color as they are close to stock. These kits will do 2 bikes but you need to add a relay for the second one.

http://www.vvme.com/hid-headlights/single-beam-hid-conversion-kit
2012 Yager GT 200I - Southern NH

ophelia

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2013, 05:43:05 PM »
Maybe the blanked mirrors will need some modification. See if the Yager has turn signal assemblies in other regions that you can get too. The Downtown has a cable running into the mirror assembly, and then exits along side the stem.
2011 Kymco Downtown 300i

MotoRandy123

• Lets Ride!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2013, 07:29:11 PM »
Well I have this and need the lights that might go in there;

2012 Yager GT 200I - Southern NH

temeculadon

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2013, 05:35:03 AM »
MotoRandy123, thanks for the link, I think installing those HID's lights would be above my pay grade, anyway, I been riding with the low & high beams on and it looks like a spaceship coming down the road.

I do love the turn signals up on the mirrors for other vehicles  to see easier, I was just hoping there was a maybe a quick connect "Y" or something that I could connect with the lower turn signals to work as one unit

keep it safe

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()