Author Topic: Wind Deflectors - They Really Work  (Read 6648 times)

Oldscoot

• View Profile
Wind Deflectors - They Really Work
« on: January 24, 2013, 10:46:36 PM »
I installed a pair of XCiting Wind Deflectors this morning. It took about 30 minutes. They fasten by 3 small screws along the top edge of the inner cowling.  There is very little space so careful drilling of pilot holes is essential. A 4th screw secures a swing-out bracket to the floor of the cowling. The result is a tight fitting and neat looking set up. 

Best of all is that they really work.  I took the Silver Bullet out on the freeway and there was no wind against my leg at all riding with the wind or against the wind.  I imagine they will deflect rain just as well.  It's a happy day when you buy something that works.  For you folks who ride in the cold a good deal I think they would be a great asset.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
Re: Wind Deflectors - They Really Work
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2013, 01:24:30 AM »
..>>>!!!PICS!!!<<<..

;D
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

Oldscoot

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2013, 02:06:24 AM »
..>>>!!!PICS!!!<<<..

;D

I'm not all that technology-challenged except when it comes to posting pitctures on this forum.  I used to put photos in my Photobucket account and allow access to view the pictures.  Some person, with apparently nothing more important to do with their time, downloaded a personal picture from that account without my permission.  I have since restricted access to the account.   

I enjoy exchanging information with most of the members of this forum and if there is an easier way to download pictures I'd like to share pictures.  I'm open to suggestions.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2013, 02:55:04 AM »
..one way is to resample a pic to less than 192kb jpeg...

..then browse to that pic

..."Additional Options"  link when posting, opens the file browsing feature...
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 02:59:28 AM by wordslinger »

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2013, 03:02:45 AM »
..i use Irfanview for this forum pics...

...1024 X 768 resolution saved in jpeg at @ 75%...

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2013, 05:37:12 AM »
I'm not all that technology-challenged except when it comes to posting pitctures on this forum.  I used to put photos in my Photobucket account and allow access to view the pictures.  Some person, with apparently nothing more important to do with their time, downloaded a personal picture from that account without my permission.  I have since restricted access to the account.   

I enjoy exchanging information with most of the members of this forum and if there is an easier way to download pictures I'd like to share pictures.  I'm open to suggestions.

This?

http://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=7499.0

Oldscoot

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2013, 04:25:44 PM »
Vivo -  IMHO our mutual enjoyment of and our interest in our bikes it what we have in common and is why we participate in this forum.  I cannot think of any other reason people would otherwise want to participate.  When I said specifically that "... I enjoy exchanging information with most of the members of this forum" I include my fellow members who focus on the subject at hand and communicate positive, constructive insights and experiences for our mutual benefit.   You provide useful information about Kymco scooters to fellow forum members and I value that input.             

ce

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2013, 09:05:03 PM »
That was funny, Vivo, Kymco Super 8 number !!!11!1111!

Albuquerque, New Mexico

Oldscoot

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2013, 10:55:46 PM »
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
― Albert Einstein

Mike Green

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2013, 04:08:08 AM »
Hi Oldscoot,
Back in the day when I assissted in surgery I saw many marvelous things; pain and contractures were releived by joint replacements, bald and shiny heads were replenished with hair transplants,
old saggy boobs were given new firmness and definition with silicone, clogged and defective arteries were made to function with coronary artery by-pass grafts; but one thing we could not fix was stupid. No matter how hard anyone tries they just can't fix stupid...
My family is made up of my beautiful wife, my two daughters, my son, a Golden Retriever, four cats, and two horses. We put ourselves up to good-hearted ridicule and joking when we joined this forum but in my opinion our family members, including our beloved pets are not to be messed with. They are not members and some can't defend themselves such as your little dog and this is inappropriate chicken sh** behavior and should not be tolerated.
Mike

Oldscoot

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2013, 01:13:36 PM »
Hi Oldscoot,
Back in the day when I assissted in surgery I saw many marvelous things; pain and contractures were releived by joint replacements, bald and shiny heads were replenished with hair transplants,
old saggy boobs were given new firmness and definition with silicone, clogged and defective arteries were made to function with coronary artery by-pass grafts; but one thing we could not fix was stupid. No matter how hard anyone tries they just can't fix stupid...
My family is made up of my beautiful wife, my two daughters, my son, a Golden Retriever, four cats, and two horses. We put ourselves up to good-hearted ridicule and joking when we joined this forum but in my opinion our family members, including our beloved pets are not to be messed with. They are not members and some can't defend themselves such as your little dog and this is inappropriate chicken sh** behavior and should not be tolerated.
Mike

Mike - Thanks for providing another reasonable voice and for speaking up against obnoxious behavior.

My primary concern was not about anyone making fun of my dog.  That behavior is nothing less than obnoxious.  However, I'm sure the dog couldn't care less and I am not thin-skinned.  Rather, my purpose has been to try to encourage the members of the forum to stay focused on the subject, Kymco scooters, and to discourage unnecessary inanity.     

ce

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2013, 10:06:12 PM »
Yeah, that's not obnoxious, two saggy old boobs with fake hips and bald heads calling somebody stupid. Not obnoxious.

My family is made up of my beautiful Xciting 500r, my Xciting 500ri, my Xciting 250r, my Grand Vista 250, my Venox 250, and the twins, Super 8 and Duper 8.

My only regret is not being enough man to satisfy them all every day.

Boy, do I feel stupid.
Albuquerque, New Mexico

Oldscoot

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2013, 10:32:47 PM »
CE - You have a remarkable family my man.  I have a new found respect for you.  Let's shake hands and put all this crap behind us.

Mike Green

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2013, 11:56:12 PM »
Oldscoot, now that's a man.
Ce, you must be very lonely.
Mike

ce

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2013, 12:10:16 AM »
Naw, man, I got 6 kids, too.