Author Topic: Wind Deflectors - They Really Work  (Read 6646 times)

fshfindr

• View Profile
Re: Wind Deflectors - They Really Work
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2013, 12:23:42 AM »
I actually read all of the garbage to see pics that weren't there.
Richard L.
Richard L. in Bellmawr
Keep The Rubber Side Down & The Helmet Side Up

feebleknievel

• View Profile
    • Kickin Country hITS

luckychucky

• As long as you have your health
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2013, 02:41:02 AM »
I have a 2012 Xciting 500Ri, it has almost 1200 miles, everyone I put on it.  The rear end on the left is starting to growl on take off!  Sad, I've never abused the vehicle.  Never tried any burnout, just take off and stop.  Sucks, I won't be buying another one of these.  I'm going to stick with Honda, I know they work.  Sorry Kymco, I don't have time to run in and give up my scooter every time something goes wrong.  So sad.  Won't see me doing the Kymco cheer for you. 

BigOrange

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2013, 06:07:31 AM »
is that a 500?  I did not think the xc500 came in that color.  my 2009 500 ri has 14900 miles. I love it. How much do you want for that one? My brother in law is coveting mine and it is not for sale.
I wish I could ride more and drive less!
2009 Xciting 500i White!
2007 Xciting 250 Orange!

ts1

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2013, 07:56:11 AM »
I have a 2012 Xciting 500Ri, it has almost 1200 miles, everyone I put on it.  The rear end on the left is starting to growl on take off!
It's probably not a bug, it's a feature (vibration of the transmission belt beeing streched). My Xciting did growl at delivery, at 10000 miles, at 20000 miles, still now and probably in future too. No new (oem) belt or roller weights will change that. Perhaps a Malossi Vario, but why should I change a running system with 3rd party replacement?
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 07:59:23 AM by ts1 »

BigOrange

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2013, 01:14:02 AM »
It's probably not a bug, it's a feature (vibration of the transmission belt beeing streched). My Xciting did growl at delivery, at 10000 miles, at 20000 miles, still now and probably in future too. No new (oem) belt or roller weights will change that. Perhaps a Malossi Vario, but why should I change a running system with 3rd party replacement?

I rode mine today like a bat out of hell today. 

I am with ts1 it is a feature. The growl is the belts reaction to torque and it is a signal that my Xciting is about to get Xciting and put some power to the back wheel.

I know traction control rocks. There is just something cool about throttle response.  The growl lets me know its working.  I put a little over 60 miles on her today and I outran a small dust storm. 
2009 Xciting 500i White!
2007 Xciting 250 Orange!

CaMoTe

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2013, 06:59:02 PM »
I actually read all of the garbage to see pics that weren't there.
Richard L.

LOL… same here…  been out of circulation in a while and catching up on the forums to see pics that weren't there either… 

the exchange did humor me though…

same with the other thread about the pimpy…  hahaha… 

i know it's already months old, but hey… :)

BigOrange

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2013, 10:03:41 PM »
Wind Deflectors//  How long did it take to install them?  How long to remove them in the spring?  I would love to add these to my bike for about 2 1/2 to three months in the winter.  Our riding season is really all year and it is a little chilly in the winter due to temperature and lack of atmosphere.(humidity)  However, the rest of the year the cross cut of the breeze is necessary not to cool you down when the temp is over 100 degrees and sometimes over 110.  I personally like riding in the heat. 

I would like to make this mod.  As long as it was easy to take them off in the spring.  Old scoot how hard are they to remove?
2009 Xciting 500i White!
2007 Xciting 250 Orange!

houndguy

• Fear the mangy mutt!
  • Your idiotism amuses me.
    • View Profile
    • Scooter Revolution!
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2013, 01:27:34 AM »
I ride at night at highway speeds so the wind can get a bit nippy.  Is there anywhere to get these deflectors other than Kymco?

I also didn't see any prices listed on the website.
Just another scooter blog - http://www.2smallerwheels.blogspot.com

alyn 7777

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2013, 08:38:58 PM »
Just got my wind deflectors installed and boy they really do work!  It definitely cuts down on the wind to the legs but the BONUS and the reason why I bought them was I was betting they would cut down the wind on my SIDE LUGGAGE. And they absolutely work killer for that!  With my Nelson Rigg CL855 27l side bags installed and the wind deflectors I feel absolutely no difference from a naked bike. No drag whatsoever, if anything the bike feels more stable.  The deflectors aren't cheap, $104 shipped (got them here: http://www.kymcopartsonline.com/catalog/ ask for Alonzo) but they are well worth the price of admission. The side bags will stay on my bike for good now and with the top case the storage capacity is amazing. I hit 90mph GPS with bags and top case loaded up and could have gone faster but ran out of road.  Fast enough for me.

+1 on 'buy' the wind deflectors.
2009 Xciting 500RI
Givi tall windshield
Michelin City Grips
Leo Vince 4Road Exhaust

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()