Author Topic: Bad day at work.  (Read 3530 times)

blue

• View Profile
Bad day at work.
« on: January 27, 2013, 06:53:03 PM »
Had a bad day at work cut the top of my thumb off.      ouch.......

Mike Green

• View Profile
Re: Bad day at work.
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 03:28:40 AM »
OUCH!
Blue, Did you require sutures? If not keep that thumb clean with soap and water. If you're not working in a dirty environment keep it open without all that gauze and allow it to be exposed to air and light. And when was your last Tetanus injection? If not in the last 4-5 years I would suggest you get one. Was that brake in the background what you did it on? If so you are probably entitled to some paid days off through your employers Worker's Comp program. Take it easy and be safe.
Mike

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2013, 05:12:55 AM »
Hey Blue! Sorry to hear that.... you've been cutting and breakin' scoot stuff ever since...but I never thought you'd cut your thumb... good thing it was just a thumb.... ;) ;) ;)

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2013, 11:30:15 AM »
If it happened at work and it was in any way due to the employers negligence or lack of training etc then get a claim in for compensation.

Jeez, so youre finished breaking that poor A50 and couldnt kill it off so now you moved onto breaking yourself instead  :D

Chaos is my co-pilot.

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2013, 03:12:38 PM »
If it happened at work and it was in any way due to the employers negligence or lack of training etc then get a claim in for compensation.

Jeez, so youre finished breaking that poor A50 and couldnt kill it off so now you moved onto breaking yourself instead  :D

It was all my falt so ill live with it.  I should of had a cuting clove on when cuting food at work I just dont like theam and can work better with out. I was useing a chef knife cuting celery and didnot pull my thumb back like I should it well grow back in time. not loseing any time off there things I can do with out useing a knife for a few days.

Mike Green

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2013, 05:26:18 PM »
Blue,
You're a good worker and loyal employee. Most would make a Worker's Comp claim just because it happened at work.
Mike

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2013, 09:35:37 PM »
It was all my falt so ill live with it.  I should of had a cuting clove on when cuting food at work I just dont like theam and can work better with out. I was useing a chef knife cuting celery and didnot pull my thumb back like I should it well grow back in time. not loseing any time off there things I can do with out useing a knife for a few days.

Yeah those professional knives are way sharp, lucky you didnt lose the thumb really, couldve been a lot worse. Get the wife the open your beers for you for a few weeks till its better then. Make sure you keep it clean tho  :o
Chaos is my co-pilot.

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2013, 01:20:11 AM »
Blue Thumb Salad anyone?....

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2013, 02:24:07 AM »
Blue Thumb Salad anyone?....

No I was makeing chicken soup anyone for a bowl soup....
here is what it looked like befor I went to the dr. and yes work will pay for it.

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2013, 02:57:45 AM »
What's this in the soup? chicken feet?

Nope... thumb... ;D

Peters

• In Glock I Trust
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2013, 05:31:08 AM »
Damn blue!

Looks nasty

Just don't stick your pecker in the pickle slicer... She might tell your wife  ;)
*2010 People 50 2t with 70cc kit and more
*2001 ZX-50 beater

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2013, 06:07:09 AM »
Damn blue!

Looks nasty

Just don't stick your pecker in the pickle slicer... She might tell your wife  ;)

Yes, and not only the pecker can claim from the Company, it can even demand a raise for the following reasons....he does physical labor, work at great depths, plunges head first into everything he does, do not get weekends or public holidays off ,work in a damp environment, work in a dark area that has poor ventilation, work in high temperatures, and work exposes him to diseases....  ;D ;D ;D

Peters

• In Glock I Trust
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2013, 06:21:30 AM »
Yes, and not only the pecker can claim from the Company, it can even demand a raise for the following reasons....he does physical labor, work at great depths, plunges head first into everything he does, do not get weekends or public holidays off ,work in a damp environment, work in a dark area that has poor ventilation, work in high temperatures, and work exposes him to diseases....  ;D ;D ;D

:D :D :D

Yes!
*2010 People 50 2t with 70cc kit and more
*2001 ZX-50 beater

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2013, 10:07:45 PM »
 :D :D  lol thats a good one Ill have to use that on on my face book. (not) my mom might not like that.

fshfindr

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2013, 12:07:11 AM »
As a kid I cut off a little more than you did.  My dad taped it back on my thumb and put a bandage on it.  It's still there.  The scar is mostly gone.  Of course that was about 65 years ago.  I'm sure you'll be all right.  Did you save the meat you were cutting?

Richard L.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 12:08:46 AM by fshfindr »
Richard L. in Bellmawr
Keep The Rubber Side Down & The Helmet Side Up

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()