Author Topic: Suggestion for all members  (Read 7967 times)

mrmike

• Syuracuse, NY
    • View Profile
Suggestion for all members
« on: January 28, 2013, 01:41:44 AM »
              In reading different posts in this forum, I have a suggestion for all members. I suggest members put their location in their profiles. If I read where a member is having a problem that I thought I could help with, I'd check his profile. If they were close enough maybe I could help hands on. Im a retired (Department of Defense) mechanic with a heated garage and a scooter lift and I would be happy to try to help  anybody if I could. Basic maintenance stuff and minor mods (CVT upgrade etc).  With no location listed you don't know how close they are. It could also be a way to identify some other folks to ride with. The only scooterist I know in my area is my neighbor across the street. He's even older than me and rides a little 50cc that I help him maintain. It would be great to hook up with some other locals for rides occasionaly.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 11:25:49 AM by mrmike »
Blue '23 People S 150i ABS  Moto Discovery GPS bar, Shad SH33 top case, Iridium spark plug, Black reflective graphics, Battery Tender ring terminal cable, LED tag light.         
Past rides- '73 Honda 450, '00 Harley Softail Deuce, '10 Kymco People 150, '12 Kymco GTI 300, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i AB

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestion for all members
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 02:56:13 AM »
             In reading different posts in this forum, I have a suggestion for all members. I suggest members put their location in their profiles. If I read where a member is having a problem that I thought I could help with, I'd check his profile. If they were close enough maybe you could help hands on. Im a retired (Department of Defense) mechanic with a heated garage and a scooter lift and I would be happy to try to help  anybody if I could. Basic maintenance stuff and minor mods (CVT upgrade etc).  With no location listed you don't know how close they are.

I suggested this some time ago but for other reasons. It went no where, but you know where I'm at by my zip code (08087) southern NJ along the coast. I work in North Jersey if that brings me any closer to you, and you are where?
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties either expressed or written and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use, the author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner

ce

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2013, 03:07:21 AM »
Yeah, this is a cool idea, I put my location in my signature.
Albuquerque, New Mexico

Carol

• Brainerd, Minnesota
  • Look me up on facebook !
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2013, 07:48:23 AM »
 ;D
   I just changed my profile.
 Let the stalking begin........
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to skid in broadside , thoroughly used up , totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!!"

kingkymco125

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2013, 09:08:47 AM »
This is a good idea. From some posts I have read, some of the members have let other members know their location. Of course I am in Vegas Baby. My zip is 89123.
David M.  Las Vegas, Nevada
New 2012 Kymco Agility 125cc bike

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2013, 09:31:56 AM »
;D
   I just changed my profile.
 Let the stalking begin........

Been there, done that..... stalking, I mean.. ;D

bleys

• Ride what you like, not what other's like.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2013, 11:50:34 PM »
Good Idea...added my location to my signature as well.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 11:52:26 PM by bleys »
Bill
Pawtucket, Rhode Island
2009 Xciting 250Ri - gone :(
2014 Honda CTX700N

KymcoBW250Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2013, 12:16:35 AM »
Here ya go. Aurora, Colorado.
2002 Bet&Win 250, 26,000 miles
2003 Bet&Win 250, 47,000 miles
2006 Vitality 50, kitted to 70, 26,000 miles
Aurora, Colorado

TroutBum

• 2012 Like 200i (sold)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2013, 12:23:07 AM »
I added my location at the time I signed up, but it does not show. Anyone know why that is?

Charlie P

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2013, 01:32:06 AM »
Post your location in your signature block.  Don't know what the "location"  block on the form is really for.
Charlie P.
2013 Xciting 500Ri ABS
formerly 2010 Yager & 2008 Grand Vista
Near Haslet, TX (NW of Fort Worth)

kingkymco125

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2013, 02:13:25 AM »
I went to my profile and modified this information in my signature part of my profile. That was easy. 8)
David M.  Las Vegas, Nevada
New 2012 Kymco Agility 125cc bike

Carol

• Brainerd, Minnesota
  • Look me up on facebook !
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2013, 02:23:38 AM »
The location block is what I think I used.   My location shows on the left just above my lovely photo right above
my member status.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to skid in broadside , thoroughly used up , totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!!"

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2013, 03:32:00 AM »
Anybody here from the Philippines?............ I guess none... :D

big blue

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2013, 04:28:25 AM »
Great idea! Hey Bleys I was born in Pawtucket. North Bend St. St. Joseph's parish.   Len
2012 Kymco Like 200i LX (Sold)  Salem, Oregon USA

Peters

• In Glock I Trust
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2013, 05:25:08 AM »
It's a good idea if you're comfortable with that. A lot of us more frequent members do already know each others locations. It's kinda nice to get to know somebody(as much as you can through the internet anyway) before you let them know the town/city you live in. I'd certainly never post my address to a thread. Private messages are there for a reason.

You might be surprised how close some of us are. Anybody who wants to know where I am can certainly find it if they need to... Greensboro, NC... Along with more info I may or may not be comfortable with... Either way it's out there now. This forum does get a lot more traffic than people might think. Most people never register, or do and just ask one question and never come back. Nothing wrong with that... I have spurts where I'm on here multiple times a day and then sometimes I might go a couple weeks without getting on. I find that sometimes I read a few threads and don't comment just because I have nothing to say. Although, it seems like once I post to one, I'll post to 10 or more. It's kinda addictive.

I encourage people to stick around. Get to know other members. This forum can be informative and entertaining. Some people think that it should just be boring facts and ego contests. I disagree. Joking around or just shooting the sh** keeps me coming back. If it was just facts and details I would only get on when I have a problem with my scoot (rare partially thanks to this forum). Scooter related threads do take priority. We may go off on tangents sometimes but if a question is asked, 95% of the time the question is answered first. Sometimes somebody starts a thread and nobody ever replies. I hate when that happens. If it's been a few days or a week, ask if they have figured it out. You may not be able to answer the question but at least you'll put the thread back at the top of the list and show them that somebody is reading it.

Everybody is entitled to their opinion here. Some people are just bound and determined to tell you you are wrong in every way. They may be right, they may be wrong. Sometimes you just have to be the bigger person. Members of this forum are from all over the world. Cultures and norms can vary widely. Remember that. That being said there are some really cool people with expert advice on here. It's an enormous resource. I've said it before and I'll say it again... I'm so glad I bought a KYMCO just because I found this forum. Have fun and get to know each other,

Peet
*2010 People 50 2t with 70cc kit and more
*2001 ZX-50 beater

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()