Author Topic: Think i just won a £50 Kymco fuel card!  (Read 1810 times)

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
Think i just won a £50 Kymco fuel card!
« on: January 28, 2013, 09:18:44 PM »
Think i just won a £50 fuel card for free from Kymco UK  ;D

Dont even remember applying? They said it was a random draw, my name got chosen, so i won it. I think  :-\

Just sent in my address so we'll see if it is indeed me, hope so.

This is the f.b link that was posted today at about 12:00pm UK time, 9hrs ago right now, top post on their page.

https://www.facebook.com/KymcoUK?group_id=0

Thanks a lot to Kymcoforum member and f.b friend Mr Keith James Hindley (OldMod) for letting me know earlier on f.b. Youre a legend.....if i won. Not so much a legend if i didnt  :D

Let you know if it is me and i get the card ok. Should keep me in scooter fuel for 4-5 weeks  8)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 10:24:23 PM by streido »
Chaos is my co-pilot.

Mike Green

• View Profile
Re: Think i just won a £50 Kymco fuel card!
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 10:18:51 PM »
Way to go Streido!
Who says good things don't happen to good people. As positive and supportive as you have been to Kymco they owe you much more than a 50 pound fuel card. You have always stood behind their products and never a negative remark. By the way how much is that in American? About $85?
Congrats! Mike

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2013, 10:32:34 PM »
Think its around 80 bucks in US money Mike. Thing is i didnt even intentionally enter the competition. They posted up saying they had a new bike out in the UK, the K-Pipe, and they asked what it was called for a chance to win the £50 of fuel. I actually went on and commented that instead of giving away £50 of fuel why dont they give away a K-Pipe instead. So i guess by typing the words "K-Pipe" in my comment i was entered, and seem to be one of 3x winners  :D

Free scooter juice for 4-5 weeks  :)

1st competition i ever won. And i did it without even entering.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 10:35:12 PM by streido »
Chaos is my co-pilot.

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2013, 10:37:03 PM »
what wow I got mail from kymco so I guess I better open it.

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2013, 10:49:08 PM »
what wow I got mail from kymco so I guess I better open it.

Press "like" on Kymco USA Facebook page, they prob run similair things Blue. I just noticed that the UK Facebook Kymco page only has 224 likes so my odds were pretty good really. Be entering any more competitions on there i see.  :)
Chaos is my co-pilot.

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2013, 11:09:41 PM »
Press "like" on Kymco USA Facebook page, they prob run similair things Blue. I just noticed that the UK Facebook Kymco page only has 224 likes so my odds were pretty good really. Be entering any more competitions on there i see.  :)
I know they give things away I have a t - shirt from theam.

kingkymco125

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2013, 02:23:01 AM »

When one goes on the Kymco USA facebook page, it is a whole different environment on there. The USA F.B. page has a promotion for winning a brand Kymco 500cc xcite bike with the winner being chosen in December of 2013. You get a many people who ride the Harleys and they say why would they want to ride one of those bikes when they could purchase a Harley instead. You even have a few on there calling those bikes gay. I do not know how it is in Europe, but here in the USA it is nasty. I guess one could assume we have too many egos trying to take over the playgroud.
David M.  Las Vegas, Nevada
New 2012 Kymco Agility 125cc bike

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2013, 06:51:45 AM »
In America, no one would like to see Arnold Schwarzenegger ride a Kymco saying "I'll be back!" 

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2013, 08:28:52 AM »
I do not know how it is in Europe, but here in the USA it is nasty. I guess one could assume we have too many egos trying to take over the playgroud.

Not much if that KingK over here. Scooters are a big part of European life, after WW2 they got a lot of europe mobile again and today you see loads on the roads, probably about equal with bikes here in the UK, tho in many Euro countries there are just as many scoots as cars.

Guess since theyre still quite new over there and not so widespread that some people dont get them yet.

We still get the usual mickey taking tho, "is that a lawnmower engine", " nice Putt-Putt", "thats not a real motorcycle", etc, etc. None of its nasty tho here, just having a laugh.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2013, 09:25:31 AM »
In my country, Its a different thing (well generally speaking)  If you have a scooter, you are not rich and cannot afford a car.... you are either middle to lower class type of person... Worse if you have a cheap Chinese scoot...  Rich people who want bikes only buy the real expensive ones like Ducatis, Harleys, Aprilias, etc.  They're just to show off thier stuff... But I don't mind and I don't care... I love riding scoots! period...

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2013, 02:49:49 PM »
.. I love riding scoots! period...

And its even better when Kymco pays for the fuel  ;D
Chaos is my co-pilot.

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2013, 11:36:20 PM »
Yeah, i did win  :)

Kymco UK just emailed me tonight to say they'll post it out to me, YEEEHAAA!!!!   ;D

Thanks Kymco  ;)
Chaos is my co-pilot.

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2013, 01:56:11 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()