Author Topic: Damp - just couldn't start the Agility 125 today :(  (Read 1045 times)

pretzelz

• View Profile
Damp - just couldn't start the Agility 125 today :(
« on: January 29, 2013, 06:02:51 PM »
Hello all,

It' been really wet and *windy* over the last few days, and I also came off yesterday morning coming out of a slippery turn in the country. A few bits of casing came off, but 8 hours later it started up just fine at the end of the day, to take me home from work.

This morning I spent 15 minutes trying to start it.... the ignition fires, and I hear just a little base like the engine is trying to catch on... but any more trying and I'm sure it'll kill the battery. The strange thing was however, across the 15 minutes, I heard three BANG/POPs emmit from exhaust while try to start it up. Rather worried about that...  I do love the moped, its done me very well since I've had it. But I have been a bit relaxed about covering it up in the rain, in recent months. Fingers crossed now its covered up that it'll start again... I'd love to avoid having to take it to a mechanic and fear the worst...   Certainly in the last few weeks I've had a few times where it's been difficult to start up (engine not catching on) where the weather has been very damp. I'm hoping it just needs some time to dry out.

Any thoughts?

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
Re: Damp - just couldn't start the Agility 125 today :(
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 11:32:25 PM »
I just crank my A50 till it fires up, in one continuous crank till it starts. In the cold it does take a sec or 2 longer to start, same if i left it a week or so without running it. Personally i would just crank it till it starts,  mine can take 5-6 seconds to start up when cold.

Could be the fall has let fuel leak into places it shouldnt or its flooded it (mine did when i 1st got mine and lay it on its side to swap out the exhaust gasket) how long was it on its side?

I would give it a good run and see if that helps starting the next day.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()