Author Topic: What's hapenning?  (Read 6510 times)

Vivo

• View Profile

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
Re: What's hapenning?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2013, 03:43:52 AM »
..vivo, there has been a "rash" of public shootings over here in the past several months...

..more than one have killed many innocent children...

..it has created a new push for weapons regulation...

..right now, one guy shot and killed an elementary school bus driver, took a 5 year old boy hostage, and has been holding him for 4 days in an underground bunker.....

..wtf is that...
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 03:47:50 AM by wordslinger »
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2013, 03:57:14 AM »
so... why the toy guns?  why not confiscate kitchen knives instead? they are more dangerous...

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2013, 03:59:25 AM »
..its a trickle-down effect...

..i cant explain it further...

..welcome to th whole new world, ya'll!!...

Peters

• In Glock I Trust
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2013, 03:59:51 AM »
"With minimal work it could be converted to a machine gun," Crenshaw said.

You gotta be f'in kidding me

..vivo, there has been a "rash" of public shootings over here in the past several months...

Media is the problem. People get famous, or infamous, for this sh**. I'm sorry but guns are not the problem. 99.99% of gun owners are good, law abiding citizens. If a person wants to hurt or threaten people they'll find a way to do it. There are plenty of things you can use to kill people. Especially in an environment where weapons are not allowed/illegal. The only way to combat terrorism is with a opposing force... i.e. good, law abiding, gun carrying, citizens.
*2010 People 50 2t with 70cc kit and more
*2001 ZX-50 beater

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2013, 04:06:59 AM »
...cant you see it coming pete...

..2nd ammendment rights are going to be history...

..i heard a topic on the morning news, that some ppl believe the whole constitution should be re-written...

..wtf is that??

Peters

• In Glock I Trust
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2013, 04:22:17 AM »
I don't believe it will come to that

There are a lot of patriotic citizens, whether they're ex-military/war veterans or just a guy that owns a 12GA shotgun and hasn't shot it in 10 years, that will become ex-patriots if they do that. Talk about anarchy. Trying to take away a war veteran's guns? Forget about it. Not gonna happen.

Not saying that gun owners don't need to fight this. Now more than ever. I just think that gun control advocates don't understand how many gun owners there really are and just how passionate we really are. And that we're not the devil. We're not hurting people. And if you're like me, the last thing you ever want to do is have to use your gun on a person. If you threaten me or my family though, all bets are off. And every American citizen should have that right. The bill of rights is the first 10 amendments, and they were designed to never be changed or modified. If that falls apart we really are f'ed. I mean f'ed.
*2010 People 50 2t with 70cc kit and more
*2001 ZX-50 beater

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2013, 05:21:32 AM »
Yes, yes, and yes.....   but I still don't get the logic behind toy guns....  maybe the ATF could just have said that "these guns, although they are toys, are being used to harass, scare, or being used to hold-up citizens" and not say that these can be converted into full machine guns...  That ATF guy knows nothing about firearms... What are the qualifications of an ATF person by the way....    What law was violated by the toy gun importer? So now they can confiscate anything they want because of what they think might be done with it? Regardless of any law? This is not about guns anymore I think,   I think this is really getting out of hand....

If they ban guns,, only criminals will have guns... Are they going to arrest us scooterists because we might have the tendency to become mean and later become terrorists?  

Hey Word, did you know that the cop in the SUV will arrest you because you MIGHT twist the throttle, go wot and exceed the speed limit! dang! 
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 05:27:50 AM by Vivo »

OIWB

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2013, 06:54:54 AM »
    ...Virtually never are murderers the ordinary, law-abiding people against whom gun bans are aimed. Almost without exception, murderers are extreme aberrants with lifelong histories of crime, substance abuse, psychopathology, mental retardation and/or irrational violence against those around them, as well as other hazardous behavior, e.g., automobile and gun accidents."

-- Don B. Kates, writing on statistical patterns in gun crime

I'm with you 100%     It's a crazy world

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2013, 06:59:04 AM »
    ...Virtually never are murderers the ordinary, law-abiding people against whom gun bans are aimed. Almost without exception, murderers are extreme aberrants with lifelong histories of crime, substance abuse, psychopathology, mental retardation and/or irrational violence against those around them, as well as other hazardous behavior, e.g., automobile and gun accidents."

-- Don B. Kates, writing on statistical patterns in gun crime

I'm with you 100%     It's a crazy world

I think it's a beautiful world... but with crazy people...

OIWB

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2013, 07:05:01 AM »
Thanks Vivo ...... I stand corrected

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2013, 03:06:42 PM »
Sorry I'm late to the dance, but this is all about taking away out rights to own guns of any kind. Cars, knives etc kill far more people then guns do, they the gov are affraid of us and they don't like it. If they could take them all away they would, however they would die trying.

I can go into great detail but will come off my soap box for now, there is a war going on in the US, undeclaired but a war none the less. They can have my gun over my cold dead body.
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties either expressed or written and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use, the author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner

kingkymco125

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2013, 05:39:51 PM »
Your right. I will keep this short and simple. I am for the 2nd Amendment and the right to bear arms. What has happened is we see all these politicians who get all this power. They refuse to listen to the people. Senator Diane Feinstein is now on record as not just wanting a ban on assault weapons, but also on shot guns and pistols. They want the people to be powerless while at the same time having armed guards for themselves. People it is about control. They really do hate the people with a passion. This is my take on this issue.  :)
David M.  Las Vegas, Nevada
New 2012 Kymco Agility 125cc bike

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2013, 12:55:38 PM »
Let me put in the words of a song:

"Poor man wants to be rich, rich man wants to be King, King ain't satisfied until he rules everything!"

My rights and our constitution are non negotiable.
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties either expressed or written and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use, the author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()