Author Topic: 2006 Super 9 Maintenance Suggestions?  (Read 1178 times)

Biablid-Dilthinky

• View Profile
2006 Super 9 Maintenance Suggestions?
« on: February 13, 2013, 10:56:38 PM »
So I've had my 2006 super 9 for almost a year and love it. However, I've been neglecting to give it the proper maintenance it needs beyond opening up the air filter on it every once in a while. Just recently my speedometer cable broke, which gave me the kick in the butt I need to start looking after it. Everything on it is stock except for the muffler, which came with the scooter when I bought it used. My brother has the same but he has pimped his out, so to speak, and refuses to help me.

My main problem is it tends to stall when I ride it in the rain or cold(I live near Vancouver and it's my only mode of transportation), and sometimes it takes a while to start in the same conditions. I don't usually leave it out in the rain, I keep it in my garage mostly, and if it starts raining while I'm at work I try to get it undercover.

I'm hoping someone could point me in the right direction as to where I could find some helpful tips on general maintenance. I've downloaded the complete manual but it is full of broken English and it goes way more in depth on the construction of the scooter then I need and I get lost pretty quickly.

Basically, I'm new and if someone has or knows of a good beginners guide to help me get started that would be much appreciated.

Oh, and maybe if there is somewhere where I can buy a new speedometer cable that doesn't have $25 flat rate shipping that would be nice too.

thebatman

• The Bat lives on... like the fkn Energizer Bunny
    • View Profile
Re: 2006 Super 9 Maintenance Suggestions?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2013, 01:49:55 PM »
Welcome to the forum.
Sorry nobody had answered your post at this point.
Is your airbox DE-restricted?.. The reason I ask is because mine is and it sux in a lot more air than before. I have the same issue when it gets wet. She dies and will not fire back...
If you can get ahold of a piece of foam air filter cut down and place in the "intake tract" of the airbox..(the short tube piece on the top of the box itself).. Try and keep a good air filter in there as well to help with the breathing.... I have notice the water just running down the side panel and the rear shock and gets sucked into the airbox... Short of not ridding in water, not much we can do..  If water gets in the fuel itself, an old trick is a bit of rubbing alcohol to mix.. It does work, but please just a small amount of the alcohol.  ;)
....RECLEAN that carb as well....It will need it....

As far as a cable....
http://www.scrappydogscooters.com/COMMON_PARTS.html

Go about half way down....... Hope this helps, keep us informed..
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:
"A goal without a plan is just a dream"......

superscoot

• if you see blue light's ""RUN""
    • View Profile
Re: 2006 Super 9 Maintenance Suggestions?
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2013, 05:23:31 PM »
Welcome to the forum.
Sorry nobody had answered your post at this point.
Is your airbox DE-restricted?.. The reason I ask is because mine is and it sux in a lot more air than before. I have the same issue when it gets wet. She dies and will not fire back...
If you can get ahold of a piece of foam air filter cut down and place in the "intake tract" of the airbox..(the short tube piece on the top of the box itself).. Try and keep a good air filter in there as well to help with the breathing.... I have notice the water just running down the side panel and the rear shock and gets sucked into the airbox... Short of not ridding in water, not much we can do..  If water gets in the fuel itself, an old trick is a bit of rubbing alcohol to mix.. It does work, but please just a small amount of the alcohol.  ;)
....RECLEAN that carb as well....It will need it....

As far as a cable....
http://www.scrappydogscooters.com/COMMON_PARTS.html

Go about half way down....... Hope this helps, keep us informed..

what the BAT said   :)

glad to see that you are enjoying you're s9
04 kymco super 9 ac
70cc malossi bbk
stock cdi
naraku 5.7 gram rollers
naraku 90 main jet
naraku 40 idle jet
naraku clutch bell
Naraku Variator
naraku 1500 contra spring
naraku 2000 clutch springs