Author Topic: too much oil  (Read 1341 times)

blue

• View Profile
too much oil
« on: February 15, 2013, 10:20:14 AM »
I think I might have to much oil in my scoot if thats the case will that make it for hard starting.

fshfindr

• View Profile
Re: too much oil
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2013, 03:58:15 PM »
Hey Blue, don't worry about maybe it will cause slow starting.  Just drain some out and make it right.  Too much oil equals too much pressure, equals blown gaskets at best.

Richard L.

I'm not sure that I like the new platform.  I'd like bigger print.
Richard L. in Bellmawr
Keep The Rubber Side Down & The Helmet Side Up

juice

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2013, 05:06:51 PM »
Are you sure it is all oil and not raw gas that got dumped into your crankcase after failed start attempts ? Good luck .

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2013, 01:56:10 AM »
Aside from high pressure, too much oil will result to frothing or foaming, you know, like when you beat eggs.... Foamed oil will result to less lubrication and that is bad for the engine....

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2013, 03:04:54 AM »
Put fresh oil in today and yes it was a little frosty but not much..Nice and dark too. needed a fesh change....... used 10w40 for now then when summer gets here I go back to 15w 50

stoneboy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2013, 03:39:32 PM »
Curious to know which brand of oil you use... My dealer told me that I should use synthetic oil from Motul. Also, which drain plug do you use to change oil? I know there are two, one is on the bottom and one is on the other side. Which one is preferred?

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2013, 10:54:44 PM »
Curious to know which brand of oil you use... My dealer told me that I should use synthetic oil from Motul. Also, which drain plug do you use to change oil? I know there are two, one is on the bottom and one is on the other side. Which one is preferred?

I use valvoline synthetic.........

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()