Author Topic: Show-off your Grandvista's or Grand Dink's  (Read 9711 times)

Rudolf

• Born to be wild!!!
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Show-off your Grandvista's or Grand Dink's
« on: February 17, 2013, 07:45:19 AM »
Hello everyone. I'm opening a topic for all of you KYMCO Grand Dink 250 or KYMCO Grandvista 250 owners, so you can show off your bikes with pictures and videos, with or without tuning. Here is my Grand Dink 250cc, made in 2001, imported from Trieste, Italy. I'm the second owner, and i live in Hunedoara, Romania. The owner before me was born in 1937. My GD had some issues with the timing chain witch was rattling at idle, oil consumption because a scratched piston and cylinder,  worn rear tire, dashboard backlight not working and a worn rear brake disk. I've repaired all of those issues except the brake disk. Here are some pictures of my bike:

de dee

• 2011 300i downtown 82,265 KM.
    • View Profile
Re: Show-off your Grandvista's or Grand Dink's
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2013, 10:07:25 AM »
A nice clean scoot I wish my scoot was clean,. I was born in 1933 and I find it hard to get down and do a proper cleaning,. does anyone use a pressure washer ????   just do not use on engine, I will try it when the snow melts end of next month,.       300i downtown 2011

windwheeler

• View Profile
    • WindStrom windshields
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2013, 12:48:35 PM »
How did you do YOU post pictures in this forum?  I find it very complicated bringing it in from a photo service...  Maybe it can be easier directly form the computer?
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 02:13:57 PM by windwheeler »

windwheeler

• View Profile
    • WindStrom windshields
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2013, 01:41:52 PM »
This is my 2005 GrandVista 250cc.  I bought it from a couple cheap and it was not in good shape at all.  it is cosmetically better now, just not perfect .  However, mechanically it is very good and strong.

First picture is with the original KYMCO windshield

Next picture, if I go on vacation longer distance away, I take it with me on the trailer

This picture shows it with me and the shortened GIVI shield.  FYI: I really don't like the GIVI shield, as it is a big "brake" for top speed, but in winter it is better wind/cold protection, so I live with it.  It is cut-down 2 inches and I look over it; I hated to look through it. Like this it works pretty good.

The last picture proves "true GPS maximum speed" of almost 83 mph/132 km/h.  The GrandVista speedometer of course lied some 95 mph. Ccrazy how Kymco can release such a bad speedometer deviation from true speed. But 83 mph for a 250cc scooter is pretty awesome!  I truly like the GrandVista over other, even more powerful and more modern scooters I rode (Suzuki, Aprilia, DownTown).

That's it!   Eric

« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 02:11:14 PM by windwheeler »

Rudolf

• Born to be wild!!!
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2013, 02:31:58 PM »
Nice bike! On my bike I've got up to a maximum speed of 134 km/h one night after returning from the afternoon shift, I am 193 cm tall and around 96 kilograms.

Rudolf

• Born to be wild!!!
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2013, 02:53:57 PM »
How did you do YOU post pictures in this forum?  I find it very complicated bringing it in from a photo service...  Maybe it can be easier directly form the computer?
I simply took the image URL from my facebook pictures and used the "insert image" command from the "Post reply" option in the forum.

Rudolf

• Born to be wild!!!
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2013, 02:58:18 PM »
A nice clean scoot I wish my scoot was clean,. I was born in 1933 and I find it hard to get down and do a proper cleaning,. does anyone use a pressure washer ????   just do not use on engine, I will try it when the snow melts end of next month,.       300i downtown 2011
My bike was really dirty but not muddy. I've let the dirt dry and used a dry soft rag to rub my bike clean. It was only fine dust from the road, that got mixed in melt water and rain and got splashed on the bike. I would not try pressure washing because water could get in the electrical system and cause issues.

Urbestfriend

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2013, 03:32:49 PM »
2004 GV  Originally used by Hendersonville NC Police.  Had 1,300 miles,  now over 10,000.  Has 2 sets LED Lights on front and 2 additional on back.  WOLO Air Horn, Electronic Deer Alert,  Captains Seat,  Front Fender and Rear Chrome Crash Bars (Scooterwest.com) and Reflective Tape (Findtape.com).  Also has addl. 12VDC connector on dash.  The round container on the rear holds my helmet and can be used to store items.

Urbestfriend

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2013, 03:34:25 PM »
Here's the other picture.

Urbestfriend

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2013, 03:44:36 PM »
Now...How to reduce Photo Size.  There are several ways.  I use this one using Microsoft:
1)  Save your photo to Desktop.
2)  "START"
3)  Find and Choose "PAINT".
4)  On Paint Screen,  Click Upper LH Corner Icon.
Open your Photo from Desktop into paint.
5)  Now "Resize".  I usually do Percentage 25 or 30%.
6)  Hit OK.
7)  Hit Icon in Upr. LH corner of Paint Screen again  "SAVE"
8)  Exit Paint and check Desktop for you new Photo. 
(If,  when posting your reply it says photo is still to large,  go thru
PAINT Process again and reduce size again.

Rudolf

• Born to be wild!!!
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2013, 04:11:58 PM »
Nice looking police bike! I also like the seat.

Rudolf

• Born to be wild!!!
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2013, 04:25:33 PM »
Now...How to reduce Photo Size.  There are several ways.  I use this one using Microsoft:
1)  Save your photo to Desktop.
2)  "START"
3)  Find and Choose "PAINT".
4)  On Paint Screen,  Click Upper LH Corner Icon.
Open your Photo from Desktop into paint.
5)  Now "Resize".  I usually do Percentage 25 or 30%.
6)  Hit OK.
7)  Hit Icon in Upr. LH corner of Paint Screen again  "SAVE"
8)  Exit Paint and check Desktop for you new Photo. 
(If,  when posting your reply it says photo is still to large,  go thru
PAINT Process again and reduce size again.
Another option is to use Adobe Photoshop: Open photo in adobe photoshop, clic up on "image", select "image size" in  the size boxes you can reduce or increase the resolution of any image, any size you want, click OK.

windwheeler

• View Profile
    • WindStrom windshields
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2013, 04:00:29 AM »
I've got up to a maximum speed of 134 km/h one night after returning from the afternoon shift, I am 193 cm tall and around 96 kilograms.

Is this GPS verified?  Or Kymco Speedometer?

Rudolf

• Born to be wild!!!
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2013, 06:49:26 AM »
The speedometer of the bike shown that speed when i was flat out on the regional highway. I do not own a GPS device. I was going with that speed of 134 km/h in a zone where the maximum speed was 50 km/h  ;) luckily the road was almost free meeting one or 2 cars.

windwheeler

• View Profile
    • WindStrom windshields
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2013, 12:49:03 PM »
Unfortunately this is only "indicated" speed, true speed is at least 10% less on GrandVistas.   You can check/calculate the seconds on a road where you have exact distance markers (e.g. 1 KM in your case) and you record time for best more than just one KM at constant speed.  Distance divided by time is speed (calculate up to hours). The percent difference is "linear", meaning at 134 km/h you probably drove about 120 km/h.  I believe you will be surprised how inaccurate the G/V speedometer is.  The odometer however on mine is "slow". meaning it shows less miles traveled than actual, also checked by GPS.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()