Author Topic: Show-off your Grandvista's or Grand Dink's  (Read 9717 times)

windwheeler

• View Profile
    • WindStrom windshields
Re: Show-off your Grandvista's or Grand Dink's
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2013, 12:57:30 PM »
2004 GV  Originally used by Hendersonville NC Police.  Had 1,300 miles,  now over 10,000.  Has 2 sets LED Lights on front and 2 additional on back.  WOLO Air Horn, Electronic Deer Alert,  Captains Seat,  Front Fender and Rear Chrome Crash Bars (Scooterwest.com) and Reflective Tape (Findtape.com).  Also has addl. 12VDC connector on dash.  The round container on the rear holds my helmet and can be used to store items.

WOW!  Police scooters in NC?!  I live in Hickory NC...  Never heard of Police using scooters in our State.  So with 1,300 miles the must not have used them very much.  Are you living near Hendersonville?  Do you know more how they were used?  For parking tickets?  Sure not for regular patrol.

Rudolf

• Born to be wild!!!
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2013, 03:03:14 PM »
I don't trust GPS devices, I could compare the speed by asking a police man to take his radar gun and let me have a go on the road and measure my speed or driving side by side with another car and checking the speed that way. Maybe the Km's are different in Taiwan.

windwheeler

• View Profile
    • WindStrom windshields
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2013, 07:10:02 PM »
A GPS device over a longer period of distance its very accurate (3 meter accuracy on mine with 7 Satellites!!) m Police radar is of course good too, but a "car" comparison is no good.  They all show too much for actual speed traveled, especially cars in  Europe are usually showing 4-6%  too much that what is real.

anothergxg

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2013, 09:59:47 PM »
It used to look like this in 2009

Then like this (still 2009)

And this winter I stripped her one more time

And now it looks like this

Rudolf

• Born to be wild!!!
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2013, 05:19:45 AM »
Nice new paint job! It looks really great!

PassedByAScooter

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2013, 12:05:19 PM »
Love the troll face sticker haha

2010 Kymco Yager
2009 Kymco Agility 125

Rudolf

• Born to be wild!!!
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2013, 12:10:59 PM »
Thanks! I've printed-it myself on a piece of paper.

windwheeler

• View Profile
    • WindStrom windshields
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2013, 01:50:47 PM »
It used to look like this in 2009

I have never had the fairing (bodywork) off.  Where did you start to take it off?  I need to replace the horn, and need to take the front off.

« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 01:52:41 PM by windwheeler »

anothergxg

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2013, 04:42:51 PM »
first you unscrew all the screws on the interior side (pay attention, there may be 1 or 2 screws under the rubber mat). afterwards, you unscrew the windshield (4 or 5 bolts there). afterwards, under the dashboard, you should see 2 bolts holding the headlight. afterwards you just pull the front gently. you will need somebody to help you unplug the blinker cables and that's it.

windwheeler

• View Profile
    • WindStrom windshields
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2013, 04:46:49 PM »
Thank you for your advise.

Urbestfriend

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2013, 09:25:11 PM »
Ref. Windwheeler's previous comment.

""WOW!  Police scooters in NC?!  I live in Hickory NC...  Never heard of Police using scooters in our State.  So with 1,300 miles they must not have used them very much.  Are you living near Hendersonville?  Do you know more how they were used?  For parking tickets?  Sure not for regular patrol.""

Yep,  they used them...Check their Web Page and you'll find the same picture I posted on their Web Page.  I don't know if they were used for any high speed chases or bank robberies,  but they were used.  I've had mine for about 4 years now.  The PD replaced these scooters with BMW Cycles.  They sold these BMW's on Gov. Deals last year.  They may now be walking,  I don't know.  I only believe what I read on the internet because you can always be assured it's true.   Signed:  Urbestfriend

windwheeler

• View Profile
    • WindStrom windshields
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2013, 03:10:43 AM »
Showing off two identical 2005 GrandVistas, left is mine, the other one is the one of my friend.  Both have about 13,000-14,000 miles (22000 km) on the odometer right now.

Here we are at rear tire change on both scooters that get new Michelin Pilot rear tires.....

"We" have added a white 2008 GrandVista with just about 1,600 miles (2600km) on it  that is planned for one of our ladies to ride.  However, not 100% sure about that, we will first "test the women" how they like riding the GV before we decide it will be handed over. 

Our G/V's after the tire change on a mountain road ride.

Photographed from the top of the Daytona Beach Lighthouse at Bike Week in Daytona Florida

Rudolf

• Born to be wild!!!
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2013, 05:58:46 AM »
I like the twin blue scooters! And also the white one is beautiful.

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2013, 06:20:31 AM »
I seldom see a white GV, a unique color for a GV...

Doc Aga

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2013, 01:23:28 AM »
Good day everyone, this is my Grand dink 09 model, use this everyday going to work which is around 44kms a day, already change Bendix drive which is costly, yuasa for my battery, pirelli diablo tires, placed voltmeter to monitor my battery caused we don't have kick start and few other fairings on front with HID headlight.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()