Author Topic: Where is Everybody?  (Read 6843 times)

Mike Green

• View Profile
Where is Everybody?
« on: February 20, 2013, 12:10:33 AM »
I've noticed a real lack of new postings here lately. I hope it's just cabin fever because no one is riding. Please keep us informed of what's happening in your lives, even if it is :( :( :( not scooter related everytime. I really enjoy reading your updates and hearing what's going on in your lives. Hoping to hear from everyone soon.
Mike

Vivo

• View Profile
Re: Where is Everybody?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 01:44:00 AM »
Hi Mike... It's sad to see a Can Am Spyder rider initiating this thread... Don't worry Mike, maybe our friends are just under their blankets right now...  ;)

At present, a storm is bashing the southern part of our country... a storm in February? that is really not good... usually storms start June or July... And the southern part of our country is never hit by storms or typhoons..that's why the main crop there are bananas and pineapples.... If you see Dole brand bananas and pineapples there, most of those came from here... Now, if the typhoons continue to hit southern Philippines, then these fruits may just become scarce...

partyhut

• imstilriden
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2013, 02:25:54 AM »
this ole geezer has been down with the flue - flue shot worked. took it-- got it.
feeling much better now and here in south-east tennessee the weather is getting better.  warmer, dryer days ahead.
got to tune up the ole scoot, plan some day trips and soon hit the road.
Hope all had a safe if shivering winter (for most of us not quite over yet.
may the days ahead be longer, warmer and well ridden by all of us. think safty
scootenalong in
Soddy Daisy, Tennessee

Mike Green

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2013, 02:43:19 AM »
Hi Vivo!,
It's got to be around 12 noon in your part of the world. Sorry to hear about another catastrophic storm to hit your beautiful islands. It always amazes me how interelated our worlds and economies are. Bananas are an enormous import commodity to the US and depletion of the crop in the PI will surely cause prices to go up. I hope you are doing well. When I lived in South America the locals had a wonderfull and very civilized custom in my opinion. About 2:00pm all the shops and merchants would close up and go home for a nice lunch and then have a nap, (siesta) until about 5:00 pm and then re-open. What a great custom. Do you have siesta in the PI? I think there would be much less stress and probably more productivity if the whole world took the afternoon off. Take care and have a nice rum for me. Mike

Mike Green

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2013, 03:00:31 AM »
Partyhut,
It's good to hear from you. I'm glad you're feeling better. The same thing happened to me. I got a flu vaccine and just before Christmas I started having symptoms, ie, chills, fever, severe muscle pain, and nausea. In my clinical mind I thought,"you know, this sure feels like the flu but I've had a flu shot". Well guess what it was the flu. Whoever prepared this years batch of vaccine sure missed the mark because I know of a lot of people who took the shot and still came down with it. Well anyway spring is just around the corner so get your scoot out and do all your maintenance and start hitting the road. I'm in Montgomery, Al. and it was a beautiful sunny 68 F today and I rode for about 40 miles on the backroads of Elmore County and did not want to quit. Remember ATGATT. It saved my life.
Mike

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2013, 03:22:32 AM »
Mike, yes, we do have siestas... even more before when I was young...  in the '70's all stores, malls, business establishments are closed on Sundays. Only a few restaurants open but just for lunch serving those families who want to eat out after hearing the 11 o'clock mass. But now, there are already lots of stores that are open on Sundays. I guess, times have changed.  Thank you Mike, the storm is far from our place... I'm just worried because the people in the South are not used to storms and are not prepared. They have weak houses and are not familiar with disaster control.  That's why thousand died the last time a typhoon hit them.

kingkymco125

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2013, 05:56:22 AM »
Hi Mike Green:
I have posted a few new topics on this forum. I finally got myself a temp gig for this week here in Vegas baby! There is a new retail store opening up next week. The store is in my neighborhood and I live literally a half mile from it. I am able to walk to work and go home for lunch which is a good thing. The economy has not been that good here. I am currently going to school for my degree in business. I have a year and half left until graduation. Right now my main concern is having enough income coming in to pay my bills and enjoy some of the good life. My pops knows I am trying and he is helping me out financially. I am so blessed and grateful for having him in my life. He was the one who brought me my current Kymco Agility 125cc scooter this past holiday season. I am so grateful for this.

My scooter club has been going on more rides and many of us are excited for the annual Highrollers scooter rally coming to Downtown Vegas next week from Feb28th-March 3rd. I checked the weather forecast and temps will be perfect just in time. Our normal day time high is 63. Temps toward the end of next week will be in the low to mid sixties. This rally pays tribute to the modern scooter culture of the 1960's in Europe. Many of the riders do ride vintage Vespas, and Lambrettas as well as the new modern scoots such as Kymcos, Buddy, Honda, and Yamaha bikes.   The parties are great with the Dee Jays playing classic British rock, Ska, and skinhead music. Yes, you read the word skinhead. This is a good thing and has no association with those racist groups. All of them play real 45 records and no CDS, or mp3s.  The Brits show up in droves to this rally. It is always a good time. This is what is happening here in good old Las Vegas, Nevada USA. Cheers everyone.

David M in Vegas baby!
David M.  Las Vegas, Nevada
New 2012 Kymco Agility 125cc bike

ts1

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2013, 08:51:37 AM »
Here I am! (In SW-Germany)
And sometimes I post like http://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=8529.0 or http://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=8094.msg89239#msg89239
But I can't do a noteworthy (much less spectacular) ride every day.

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2013, 09:14:36 AM »
It's 5pm here, around 4 a.m. in the U.S. of A.  Getting ready to leave work and head home... getting ready to ride.... ;) Weather seems gloomy and cold... gotta pour me some rum and cook some spicy food at home...  ;D  Bye!...

houndguy

• Fear the mangy mutt!
  • Your idiotism amuses me.
    • View Profile
    • Scooter Revolution!
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2013, 12:06:26 PM »
I'm new here and lurking in the shadows.  I'll post things now and again when something interests me or I have a question.   As I learn more about my bike the more questions I'm sure to have.

:)
Just another scooter blog - http://www.2smallerwheels.blogspot.com

de dee

• 2011 300i downtown 82,265 KM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2013, 04:33:24 PM »
  Where is every one , !!!out shoveling snow,. I just got  in after doing 2 hours with the snow blower,.  and shoveling the walk and deck,. it is going to snow the rest of the day,. and it is 11.30 AM. here , just fun stuff,. going  do it again tonite,. please let the snow melt so I can try out my new seat,. on a long ride,.              the golden hawk scooter , ride safe,.

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2013, 06:32:04 PM »
  Where is every one , !!!out shoveling snow,. I just got  in after doing 2 hours with the snow blower,.  and shoveling the walk and deck,. it is going to snow the rest of the day,. and it is 11.30 AM. here , just fun stuff,. going  do it again tonite,. please let the snow melt so I can try out my new seat,. on a long ride,.              the golden hawk scooter , ride safe,.

Me to. the snow in michigan is deep this year. frist time in a long time I had to take the battery out and drain the gas. I drive a agilty 50.

Carol

• Brainerd, Minnesota
  • Look me up on facebook !
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2013, 01:24:03 AM »
 ;) I am alive and kicking in Central Minnesota!  It is cozy here next to the fireplace, just for fun I poke it now and then to keep it going!
   The weather has had everyone staying close to the heat source in their residences, not alot of hustle and bustle in my sleepy little town.
 Current temp 7.......windchill -9.......aka brrr its cold outside.

Ventured out to play bingo this afternoon, didn't get to hollar when they called my number- but I did win a certificate for free play next time I go.

Have a great week everyone............Zzzzzzzzzz
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to skid in broadside , thoroughly used up , totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!!"

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2013, 04:55:31 AM »
Hey Mike and everyone, been out of touch but do check in at least every other day. I've been busy getting my Prowler in order for spring riding season and getting the house back in shape with a few updates that needed taking care of.

Should be back posting regularly again pretty soon.
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties either expressed or written and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use, the author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2013, 05:10:32 AM »
How about a pic of the Prowler 08.... ;)

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()