Author Topic: Where is Everybody?  (Read 6812 times)

sentinex

• View Profile
Re: Where is Everybody?
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2013, 12:05:59 AM »
We still alive and riding, sorry I been absent but I got a busy year, is great to see the old forums still going strong!

kiki

• Xciting 500i R ABS
    • View Profile
    • Forum for scooters&motorcycles in Spain
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2013, 12:21:20 AM »
Today, we went out to ride more or less 100 motorcycles.

We have been on the mountains. I have my index finger (is it correct?) frozen. I have a lot pain yet.

After, the "cocido" with 82 persons at lunch together.

I leave you a video I have created, using a micro-camera on board:

If I have to stop, I will die.

kiki

• Xciting 500i R ABS
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2013, 12:24:15 AM »
Ah, the date that you can see at the video, is not correct. I filmed today...

kingkymco125

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2013, 05:16:10 AM »
Kiki: This is a great video, but were there any scooters besides motorcycles on the ride? Thanks.
David M.  Las Vegas, Nevada
New 2012 Kymco Agility 125cc bike

kiki

• Xciting 500i R ABS
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2013, 12:38:39 PM »
Yes, there are motorcycles and sccooters riding together.

Here no one -but just some with sportifs- calls sccooters at there scooters.

A modern  scooter it is just a motorcycle. There only differences are.... none.

kiki

• Xciting 500i R ABS
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2013, 01:27:32 PM »
Note something:

The red motorcycle behind me, it is an Honda NC 700 x

ÇThis motorcycle has the fuel tank under the driver, The place where it is habitual to find this, there are something similar to a top case. It is a rounded box made in order to keep your helmet inside. The engine has been displaced to a place lower.

My scooter (an xciting 500i R abs), has the same configuration or similar.  Also has two shanks like watherver motorcycle. Double brake disk on the front...  there is no difference. 

An scooter has been called in this way, to a motorcycle with small wheels, a place for keep your legs and feet, a shield ...

The big ones scooters of today are other thing.

The result it isto see many motorcycles togheter, of very different kinds, like naked, choppers, tourism, big scooters, and also sportifs.

ts1

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2013, 04:53:39 PM »
There are several countries like Spain or Italy, where riders don't discriminate between (big) scooters and motorcycles.
But in other countries it is very uncommon to ride together. Especially the motorcycle riders could be embarrased by the "small scooterists".
That's where the trouble started: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mods_and_rockers

kiki

• Xciting 500i R ABS
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2013, 12:11:13 AM »
I know that, but ... note this:

In spain, (I think all europe probably), you can ride an motorcycle with 125cc. másx, and 15 hp. max.  having the car driving license 3 years old. There's no necessary additional license for it.

I had never motorcycle before. But... 3 years ago, I thougt about the wonders of having one.

One friend let me test yours a saturday. The monday I was buying one for myself. A Donwntown 125 cc 15 hp. (here named "Superdink" instead of downtown,)

One year and a half later  I got a driving license for big motorcycles. I bought my xciting 500i R abs.

The Downtown is still mine, it is my son who rides this.

I want to say... if I have a scooter this is for comfortability, and because I use very much my moto (10000 miles in 8 months). Here we say "moto" for all kind of motorcycles, including scooters. I have the capability (also legal) to ride whatever kind of moto.

That's the reason why I think: If someone despises to anyone for that, it is because doesn't know the capabilities of a -specially if it is big- scooter.

But I have to confess: My soul it is with the motos like Harley Davidson. The problem it is that I should need to have two motos; the one for working days, the xciting; the other one for weekends, H.D.   Because I earn no more money, I can have only one, jajajaja.   My other vehicle it is a Ford. 

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2013, 01:26:06 AM »
But in other countries it is very uncommon to ride together. Especially the motorcycle riders could be embarrased by the "small scooterists".
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mods_and_rockers

In my country, the small scooterists are the one's who are embarrassed because he has a "small" scoot. Also, it's not the type of ride or motorcycle you have but it's the price of th ride.  The status symbol.... An Aprilia 50cc scooter will be more of a head turner than a 250cc Kymco...  The more expensive your ride, regardless of other factors... the higher the status...  to add... you also have to match your ride with an expensive helmet.... ;) 

kingkymco125

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2013, 01:45:00 AM »
Vivo, at least your country embraces scooters. Here in Vegas, there was a news story about the problems scooters cause. They only looked at the cheap Chinese 50cc models and not the more expensive models. Of course they said many of the riders on the cheap 50cc have no driver license. Bottom line is that the 50cc go too damn slow and the motorists want them off the road. I have a bigger and much faster bike that can keep up with normal traffic. I make sure my 125cc bike is registered and insured. When I go out at night I wear my reflective vest and my helmet. I feel that the news station did not look at the full story with that there are many bigger scooters then just your typical cheap Chinese 50cc model.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 01:46:54 AM by kingkymco125 »
David M.  Las Vegas, Nevada
New 2012 Kymco Agility 125cc bike

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2013, 03:09:42 AM »
Yes, kingkymco,  they just cannot ignore us 4 million small bike owners.... and growing...
Also, there are lots of legislators/politicians who just want to make laws without doing some researches first.  Stupid proposals include:  Printing of plate numbers on the helmets, Ban all two-up riding because lots of crimes are being done by people riding in tandem, Ban loud horns and loud pipes but they cannot define what is "loud".... it's a good thing these laws werent passed.....
On our super highways here, only bikes 400cc - up are allowed... those with smaller engines can use other alternate roads...
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 03:11:33 AM by Vivo »

de dee

• 2011 300i downtown 82,265 KM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2013, 05:14:22 AM »
   Vivo what is the speed limit on your super highways,. they dont know the 300i dt. can go 80 miles per hour,. they must have picked a number out of thin air ,. or old info on older scooters,.

ts1

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 26, 2013, 07:55:32 AM »
In spain, (I think all europe probably), you can ride an motorcycle with 125cc. másx, and 15 hp. max.  having the car driving license 3 years old.
Not in GB, D, CH and Scandinavian countries etc. All their riders need dedicated motorcycle theoretical+practical lessons and tests. Austria does require only 6h practice at a driving school, but awards only the national code B111, not an international A1 driving license.

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 26, 2013, 08:04:45 AM »
   Vivo what is the speed limit on your super highways,. they dont know the 300i dt. can go 80 miles per hour,. they must have picked a number out of thin air ,. or old info on older scooters,.

60 mph but is not strictly enforced... I travel up to 115mph because that is my car's limit. Those with high performance cars can go up to 150++mph on our highways especially during weekends when these rich people try their expensive cars.  Another problem maybe are the numerous big provincial buses that race on the highways.   400cc is I think just a number they picked out because the most popular entry level "big" bike is the Honda CB400 here... and by the way , the 400cc is not even strictly enforced.  Some just stick 400cc stickers on the 300cc bikes and nobody can know the difference.    For me, and for safety reasons, I think I'll take alternative routes, it more fun riding with some scenery though ... and yes, you can ride in to you fav McDonalds along the road if you feel like it.. 

kiki

• Xciting 500i R ABS
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 26, 2013, 09:53:08 AM »
Here you can ride wherever you want, except 50 cc on highways.

There are several licenses. A1 since125cc or 15hp. A2 up to 47 hp. and A for more than it. You need to have A2 for 2 years before ti try to get the full A.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()