Author Topic: What I like and don't like about my current scooter  (Read 4235 times)

bleys

• Ride what you like, not what other's like.
    • View Profile
What I like and don't like about my current scooter
« on: March 16, 2013, 02:38:34 AM »
Okay people,

How about sharing with us what you really like and don't like about your current ride.  I have a 2009 Xciting 250Ri.  I like that it is fuel injected, has disc brakes front and rear, adjustable rear suspension, integrated turn signals (not on stalks), and the LED taillight.  Despite it's weight, it handles well at low speeds, is stable on the highway, and accelerates quickly to about 60 mph.  I also like the loud turn signals - I never forget to turn them off.  What I don't like is that the seat is slightly too high, top-end speed is about 72 mph at redline, and the headlight on low beam is a little too dim at night - I would prefer a dual headlight system.  I also wish the underseat storage was a little larger.  That's it....overall I love my Xciting.  How about the rest of you?
Bill
Pawtucket, Rhode Island
2009 Xciting 250Ri - gone :(
2014 Honda CTX700N

Vivo

• View Profile
Re: What I like and don't like about my current scooter
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2013, 06:29:16 AM »
Likes about my Super 8 125cc:

1. Looks... especially when I'm on it ... ;)
2. Handling (firm rear shocks)
3. big 14" tires
4. Size.. not too big and not too small
5. good top speed ... around 60 mph.
6. very good front brakes
7. Thick plastic panels
8. Good paint finish
9. Smooooth engine
10. Very easy to maintain

Don't like...

1. Poor headlights
2. Bouncy ride on rough roads
3. Average acceleration
4. Poor rear brakes
5. Comes with glass fuses (but changed to blade fuses already)
6. Slippery original tires
7. Seat slopes forward... not comfortable

kingkymco125

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2013, 07:28:05 AM »
I don't have much to dislike on Agility 125. The only thing I don't on is the seat cover is not like its little 50cc Agility. The 50 has a backrest for the rider. The 125 seat cover is one long one.
David M.  Las Vegas, Nevada
New 2012 Kymco Agility 125cc bike

bleys

• Ride what you like, not what other's like.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2013, 01:53:57 PM »
Thanks for sharing, guys...@ Vivo - I've always thought the Super 8s - either 125 or 150 looked like fun, useful scooters.  Almost wish I had bought one, but I need to be able to get on the Interstate at times and the Xciting is a little more highway capable.  Still for secondary highways and city streets, I bet the Super 8 is a blast.  And both it and the Agility seem to be good do-everything scooters at a great price.
Bill
Pawtucket, Rhode Island
2009 Xciting 250Ri - gone :(
2014 Honda CTX700N

MassScoot

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2013, 06:27:12 PM »
I own the Super 8 150cc like Vivo. BTW....I like your post that it the Super 8 looks great "with you on it" Too funny! I really can't complain about both my Kymco's (GTI300) One thing Kymco can NEVER get right is their seats! They are way too hard! But the upside is the hold-up very well over time. I must admit....I love my GTI300...but I find the "look" of he scoot just ok myself. I really dig the look of the SYM Citicom 300i myself here:

http://alliancepowersports.com/models/citycom.html

Other then that...I'm fine with Kymco. If you need to take care of your seat issue look here:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0041CG336/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_4?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1UV1W2BXAHUJE
Gloucester, MA. (Home of the Perfect Storm)
2012 Silver Kymco GT300i (Biondi Windshield/Shad SH40 Cargo Topcase)
2015 White Honda PCX150 (Shad SH37 Topcase)
2013 Yellow Lance PCH125 (Shad SH33 Topcase)

de dee

• 2011 300i downtown 82,265 KM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2013, 08:21:47 PM »
I like my 300i downtown for the power and good for back roads and the super slab up to 85 mph.  had to install HID lights now they are perfect,. low beam,  cant focus the high beam, so I will reinstall old system for high beam,. and the seat in progress,. will fix ?????

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2013, 10:05:42 PM »
Im just happy to have a scoot that gets me from point A to point B......With very little problems,,,,,,,,

TroutBum

• 2012 Like 200i (sold)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2013, 03:21:15 AM »
Things I like about my Like 200i:
Price,
Reliability,
Classic look,
Decent top speed,
Acceleration,
and Gas mileage.

Things I dislike about the Like 200i:
Difficulty in obtaining a maintenance manual (according to Cyclepedia that should change soon),
Small gas tank,
Battery (went through 2 OEMs in 6 months),
Service parts hard to find,
and Digital clock/calendar (it shows 0:00 - 0:59 when displaying the hour:minutes of 12 and the calendar will usually jump a month after a day or two of being set).

All-in-all its been a good scooter.   

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2013, 03:22:40 AM »
My Peoples 200 is small enough to fit sideways in my garage, fast enough to get me on and off a highway if I absolutely have to, has a good amount of storage with the bag on the back of the bike and good weather protection from the full wind screen.

On the down side, the wind screen now rattles a good amount from vibrations, the scoot isn't fast enough with  top end of 57 mph to stay on a highway more then 5 min. and the MPG can be as high as 80 and as low as 57MPG which isn't that great when you think about it.

all in all it's tons of fun and I wouldn't give it up unless a crash changed my mind.
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties either expressed or written and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use, the author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2013, 03:59:14 AM »
Ah, another thing about the Super 8 is the low price... great price....  ;)

big blue

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2013, 03:57:59 PM »
Everything Troutbum said, except my battery has been fine and my dealer has done a good job providing service items(so far). The clock/calendar thing is the weird one since it seems to prefer certain months. This month(March) it has been dead- on accurate!
2012 Kymco Like 200i LX (Sold)  Salem, Oregon USA

kingkymco125

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2013, 07:10:15 PM »
I love my Agility 125. Chris is the mechanic at Vegas Motor Sports and he uses nothing but AMS oil products for my bike. Having a good mechanic is key to any scooter one has if you do want to do it yourself. This goes out to Chris and Bob if they check this forum out. Love you guys.

kingkymco125

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2013, 07:27:54 PM »
I forgot to mention that you can put two people on my 125 unlike my last bike which was a 50cc Roketa(Cheap Chinese) scooter that could not hold two people. If two people were on this bike it would go very slow. I know the book says the bike does change when you put two people on there which is true. I was still doing 45-50mph when there was two people on there.

houndguy

• Fear the mangy mutt!
  • Your idiotism amuses me.
    • View Profile
    • Scooter Revolution!
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2013, 12:18:51 AM »
I have an 08 Xciting 500. 

Most of the likes and dislikes have already been covered and it's nice to know I'm not the only one with issues with the headlights.

But I'll add to the list anyway.   I do like the fact that I can sit on the bike and fill the gas tank.

I don't like the fact the tank is so small. Only 2.1 US gallons???  Really???
Just another scooter blog - http://www.2smallerwheels.blogspot.com

jprestonian

• 2007 Kymco People 250, 2011 Honda PCX
    • View Profile
    • a scooter called wanda
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2013, 02:15:48 AM »
Only two thangs that are a minor drag with the Honda PCX, so far.

1.) The horn switch and turn signal switch positions are the reverse of every other bike I've ever ridden;

2.) The placement of the key switch is such that using a normal-sized (3/4"-1") key ring can make it difficult to change the switch's position.

Otherwise, quite happy with it.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()