Author Topic: Possible New Owner ,,, Advice / Assistance on Yager GT  (Read 2108 times)

MassPT

• "adapt,,,,or die "
    • View Profile
Possible New Owner ,,, Advice / Assistance on Yager GT
« on: March 20, 2013, 04:33:05 PM »
Alright here I am,,,, completely new to the motorcycle/scooter world ( with just 40 avid years of non-motor biking,,,smiles ,,,I do like the open road ,,,and wind in my face )!!!
l Have been exploring the idea of getting a quality / reasonably priced mid-size scooter this past year ( to save gas doing local in-town errands / ,,,,, and general fun touring on mostly secondary roads > 50-60 mph top speed) .
By the conversations and reviews on-line,,,,the Kymco Yager would be ideal for my needs ,,,, I'm 5'10 - 175 lb,,,,occationally (20% of the time) might have my 100 lb lady share rides also !
The problem is ,,,,there does not seem to be any Yagers in the New England area,,,,,to check out ,,,or purchase ( I know they have stopped production on this model)
,,,,,,,though I would consider a vacation trip,,,driving my truck and picking one up in the mid-atlantic states ( seen some good prices around $2600 ),,,,,and then have a local Kymco dealer continue with the bike's service here around the Boston area !

My question to any friendly Yager owner here (in New England),,,, is if they might let me see their Yager locally? ( I would drive to them,,,at a convenient time for them of course ),,,,,,All to see if its worth me traveling south ,,,,to get my own Yager ?

Thanks  :D
Peter

papascootin

• View Profile
Re: Possible New Owner ,,, Advice / Assistance on Yager GT
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2013, 09:25:43 PM »
Welcome "MASSPT" to the forum. If you go back to page seven and look for a post by "papascootin" you'l see what I went through when trying to find A yager 200I. That said I'm very pleased with my choice and it's all that I hoped it would be. I've seen a 2012 leftover listed on Craigslist maine up in newport,Maine. Search "motocycles" then type Kymco in the search parameters and click image and you should see it. I'm in southern Maine, and would be glad to show you mine, however it's in storage and inaccessable until some snow melts, and that could be awhile since we got another foot of snow yesterday. Good luck, papascootin.

MassPT

• "adapt,,,,or die "
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2013, 01:50:09 AM »
Thanks for your input ,,,But as much a drive up to Maine is always welcome from Portland restaurants,,,, to Mt Katahdin hiking
,,,I may be checking out a used Yager in Conn ,,,that I just found on-line this evening ( under 2 hours drive )

If I feel equally comfortable "in person",,,,as with the good specs & features I hear about (here)
,,,,,,I'll then think about finding / picking up a new one ,,, Do like having a full warranty !!!

Thanks again,,,,,,maybe we will meet "up country" when the weather gets warmer this summer,,,and I have a few miles experience
,,,,,Starting to think about joining the Local Boston Scooter Club,,,,,as they plan to do some group New England tours

papascootin

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2013, 02:31:20 AM »
Sounds great! Iwould have been happy to find a good used Yager, I don't believe that you can hurt them unless you do something really stupid, like crash them, unfotunately I just couldn't find one at the time. If I had all to do over again, I would still buy the Yager. My brother just bought a Yamaha Majesty 400, and it does have advantages over the Yager for highway cruising, but just not as well suited for my needs. I wanted a scoot with a flat floor( I put gas cans on the floor when I ran out of gas for the lawnmower) gone to Lowes to pick up a yard light in a pretty large box that would still fit on the floor, great for running to the hardware store for misc item, and running to the post office for mail, seems to be a lot more agile than some of the larger scoots, and still fast enough to maitain 60 to 65 MPH. Having said that , controlled access highways is probably not it's strong suite, and I'm sure the Yamaha Majesty or Suzuki Burgman would be better suited for that. Good luck and keep us posted on your search. papascootin.

MotoRandy123

• Lets Ride!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2013, 11:03:47 AM »
I agree water cooled, fuel injection and a flat floor were my main spec's.
The huge underseat storage is a big plus too!

I was hoping to be able to ride a few exits down the highway and while it will
do it it feels small so it's a little scary.

It also gets 80 MPG so is a great all around bike for me! I wonder why Kymco
discontinued it?

I had to have my dealer order one as there were none available back in October.
You might be able to do the same if there are any left in the warehouse...

Mine is tucked away safe and warm too but hopefully we'll be able to ride some
time in April?
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 11:05:35 AM by MotoRandy123 »
2012 Yager GT 200I - Southern NH

PassedByAScooter

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2013, 10:54:47 PM »
MassPT, I live in Vermont. I'm not sure where in Mass. you live, but if you want to take a peak, I'm more than willing to let you! I know it has been a while since your original post, but if you still haven't taken a peak, let me know. Sorry I didn't log in sooner!

2010 Kymco Yager
2009 Kymco Agility 125

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()