Author Topic: Xena disc alarm for DT300i  (Read 2215 times)

maxhush

• View Profile
Xena disc alarm for DT300i
« on: March 20, 2013, 08:50:57 PM »
Which Xena (or other) disc lock alarm do people who have one use on their DT300i? I already use one on a Honda SH150i scooter, I'm just looking to find out which Xena model(s) fit the DT300i and which people prefer and why, or if there are better options for the DT300i. I just dropped off the Michelin power pure tires, I bought online for it, this morning for my dealer to install during prep on my new DT300i, which just arrived -- they liked the looks of it so much they got an identical one for the showroom, even the same color (silver). Thanks to the folks in this forum, I knew what to factor in to the purchasing decision (I am 5'11" with a  30" inseam and about the same weight as Cortez, so reading his posts has been especially useful for me) and what to consider changing out of the box (tires for now, I'll keep the originals as spares, probably a top case soon, and platinum plug, and perhaps Dr. Pulley 14gr sliders down the road). At some point in the purchasing process, the dealer asked me how in the world I already knew this stuff (stuff he didn't) and I pointed him here.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 09:04:53 PM by maxhush »
2013 Kymco Downtown 300i
2010 Honda SH150i

Cortez

• View Profile
    • My flickr account
Re: Xena disc alarm for DT300i
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2013, 11:50:51 AM »
You're welcome.  ;D

..and I'm using the Xena XN14 since 2007!
It's bulletproof.
'08 FZ6n S2 ABS

SOLD: 2003 Peugeot Speedfight2 LC, 2007 Kawasaki ER-6F ABS, 2006 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS,

maxhush

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2013, 04:36:15 PM »
Thanks! I've been using an XX6 on the Honda and I'll probably use it for whichever one I'm riding (if I can) until I can get an XN14 ordered online. Is the XN15 any better do you know, or does it even fit the DT300i? It looks like it may have replaced the XN14 as I am not finding XN14 in stock, but am finding the XN15.

I'm leaving here early to run home, grab my trailer, and go to the dealer to pick it up this afternoon (they already have it together and have the new tires on it) in an attempt to get it home before the several days of bad weather impending here. I have to trailer because I live just across the state line and until I get the paperwork (pick up the scooter), I can't go to the local tax office, pay the tax and fees (ugh), and get it registered and tagged with MS plates (Purchased in TN, but I live across the line in MS, there are no Kymco dealers anywhere near me in MS yet). Once that's done I'll run it down to a local garage to get the MS vehicle inspection done (that only costs $5 and only takes 5 minutes, but if they pull you over and you don't have it, it's an extra $150 fine).
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 04:40:46 PM by maxhush »
2013 Kymco Downtown 300i
2010 Honda SH150i

Cortez

• View Profile
    • My flickr account
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2013, 06:44:58 PM »
Sorry, I never even checked the Xena web or read anywhere about it, it was a used item sold by someone
I know.. I looked at it, tried it on my Kawasaki and paid the man (half the retail price).

I know they have a lot of products but I imagine some sort of specs (as in - what kind of discs it fits)
must exist on their web.

This is the 3rd bike I've been using it on, it didn't fit only on the Peugeot Speedfight scooter.
'08 FZ6n S2 ABS

SOLD: 2003 Peugeot Speedfight2 LC, 2007 Kawasaki ER-6F ABS, 2006 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS,

Adept

• Empaticus Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2013, 12:30:14 PM »
http://www.xenasecurity.com/product/motorbikes/alarm/XZZSeries/XZZ6LYellow/page1/

I use this one, but I got the batteries out, because It behaved strange when the batteries gone weak. So now I have only mechanical defense. But this topic inspire me to buy some batteries again... :D

I have a barely used (200km)14gr Dr Pulley rollers to SELL!! Send a PM if you interested in...

maxhush

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2013, 09:19:03 PM »
http://www.xenasecurity.com/product/motorbikes/alarm/XZZSeries/XZZ6LYellow/page1/

I use this one, but I got the batteries out, because It behaved strange when the batteries gone weak. So now I have only mechanical defense. But this topic inspire me to buy some batteries again... :D
Thanks. That's the yellow version of the one I have been using which I borrowed from my SH150i (mine is the stainless one). I notice that I can lock mine all the way through (across the disc) on my DT300i, without using one of holes like I do on the Honda. Mine is a bit strange as the warning beep is actually louder than the alarm warble. I bought a new battery for it at the same time I ordered it (and installed that battery when I set it up the first time), as the reviews I read mentioned that the battery that came with it was usually prone to dying fairly quickly.
2013 Kymco Downtown 300i
2010 Honda SH150i

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()