Author Topic: Ignition key  (Read 3132 times)

Adept

• Empaticus Maximus
    • View Profile
Ignition key
« on: March 23, 2013, 07:11:56 PM »
I would like to order a spare ignition key.

I have a key like this below.

My questions are:
- Which one should I need to order? (I have the one with the round-sign, not the oval) What is the difference between the black and the white keys?
- The shutter opener plastic is unique or everybody has the same??
- Is there any factory immobiliser ? Do I have to program  up the key after I copied the raw key?

Thanks!!!

I have a barely used (200km)14gr Dr Pulley rollers to SELL!! Send a PM if you interested in...

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Ignition key
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2013, 12:05:27 AM »
There is no feature for programming these keys: no RFI, no electronics, just a key. The cover unlock is common to all. I do not know the difference between the round and the oval. The dealer might. The REALLY BIG thing is the tag with the key ID number on it to get what you need to match exactly. I would get a blank key from the dealer with the round mark and the cover unlock plug and get it copied at your nearest Ace hardware store (or locksmith or anyone who can copy a key without destroying either sample or blank).

Karl
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

Adept

• Empaticus Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2013, 08:05:00 AM »
Thanks Karl!!

Unfortunately the dealer couldn't help me with the details, but I got everything now from you...

I can't see any ID number on the key, only this circle sign ("SD" letters are in the circle).

I have a barely used (200km)14gr Dr Pulley rollers to SELL!! Send a PM if you interested in...

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2013, 10:36:15 PM »
There won't be an ID number on the key. Just on a metal tag that comes with the two keys on a new bike. My keys for the 2013 DT have "SD" in a circle also. Get a blank that has the same offset as your original and go for it!

Karl
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()