Author Topic: Kymco Filly 50 4T mixture screw washer/ o-ring (UPDATE/ SORTED)  (Read 4631 times)

lds1973

• View Profile
Hi

First of all Hello everybody, just bought my wife a Kymco Filly 50 2001 with only 1600 miles on the clock.

Really pleased with it so far, nice and light.

Ive given it a good service, oil, drive oil, oil filter clean, air filter cleaned and oiled, new spark plug, tyres pumped up, oiled throttle cable, checked lights and brakes. So far so good.
Carb on the otherhand isnt playing ball and doesnt seem to idle that well. Ive had the carb off and cleaned it up with carb cleaner, wire and compressed air. I was real careful taking it apart as I always are with carbs. Ive put it all back together and its the still the same, it maybe the mixture screw idle valve needs adjusting as it was only 1 1/4 turns out and it may need to go further. But when looking online I think it may be missing a washer and o-ring on the bottom of the spring. It may not have ever had one, it may of been lost by previous owner or i wasnt that careful this time. Its a Keihin CVK carb and I was hoping someone would tell me if it should have one or not?

Im also planing on beefing up the main jet to #82 as it is de-restricted on the CVT.

Also sorry for posting this in the agility forum but I didnt know where to put it with the exclusion of a filly forum.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 08:54:58 AM by lds1973 »

tortoise

• View Profile
Re: Kymco Filly 50 4T mixture screw washer/ o-ring
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2013, 08:02:29 PM »
doesnt seem to idle that well
Check valve lash.

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2013, 02:42:08 AM »
Yes it should have a o ring at the end of the idle screw. to test this start the scoot and with the scoot running turn the screw all the way in if the scoot stays running you dont have a o ring if the scoot bogs down and turns off the you do. sometimes the o ring is hard to see. It does get worn out and will wash away with the gas going threw it.

lds1973

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2013, 07:15:28 AM »
Thanks tortoise, I will check valve lash when I get everything else done. Its a good video that.

Thanks blue, Im gonna have to find a suitable oring and washer now, I thought it was missing as anything more than 2 turns out and the screw is loose. Im guessing the extra packing of the oring and washer will keep it tight.

I had a play with the CDI yesterday and its a brown one (not black like on the net). Im gonna continue to file the corner to see if I can get to the wire but if I cant do you all reckon I could just stick a standard agility one on and cut that????

Cheers for all your help so far.

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2013, 12:45:20 AM »
Ya but just the the cdi up in the front of it. you dont need to cut the corner you only need to go about 1/8 of a inch deep go little by little tell you see the wire. make sure you put elc. tape over the cut to keep water out.

lds1973

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2013, 03:40:59 PM »
carb all sorted now after finding washer and oring to fit, 2 1/2 turns out and tickover set right. Idles well now.

No wire on my cdi for definite. Ive filed down about a quarter of an inch. Ive hit a component but not damaged it, but no sign of any wire. On the test run after the bike gets to 40mph no probs but then you can feel the cdi limiting it. I guess I need to get a newer agility 4T cdi and cut that, yes? it should work ok shouldnt it?

cheers

naughty lee

• 64 mph and pushing
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2013, 06:44:06 PM »
If your scoot is a twist n go, mark your variator with permanent ink then take it for a spin. The belt will wear the ink off as it rises. If there is ink left then the boss can be shortened. Have a look in my zx50 thread. It's a really easy mod which will give 10 mph gain easily

lds1973

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2013, 10:06:34 PM »
yes Lee ive marked it and ridden it around, I just havent opened it back up yet. Ill take it down a mm at a time if all of the ink isnt off.

With that mod spot on and a new cdi Im hoping for 45mph. I dont wanna go daft on it with mods I just want it a little safer for my wife with her being new to two wheels. I dont want her riding in the gutter, I want her in the centre of the road keeping up with traffic in on 30 and 40 roads.

If anything it could do with a little bit more acceleration but when I open up the belt case ill just weigh mine and order one weight down.

Cheers

Lee

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2013, 04:36:57 AM »
you can try a 20mm carb that will help with the take off and keep you in safe way when crossing the roads gets you going faster at the begining and the top end is good also I do about 42 to 45 easy.

lds1973

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2013, 05:19:59 AM »
Im right in thinking that my scooter is a GY6 139QMB engine arent I? and if this is the case can I just buy any CDI for that engine aslong as it looks the same (size/ plug connections)?

The CDI information is a bit of a minefield.

lds1973

• View Profile
Re: Kymco Filly 50 4T mixture screw washer/ o-ring (UPDATE/ SORTED)
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2013, 08:59:20 AM »
All sorted now, washer and oring in position, air mixture screw se right with a 85 main jet. Roller weights changed to 5.5g and bush trimmed to 37mm after pen test results showed 2mm of unused drive face.

The little scooter pulls well and Ive had it to an indicated 43mph. Im guessing 36ish real world.

I need to cdi doing now but it isnt one that can be derestricted by cutting, as ive taken a lot of it off and havent found any wire. I need a normal one that I can derestrict or can someone link a known good one that is reasonable?

Overall I am more than pleased with this scooter, its a bit old but has such low mileage. Ive checked everything and changed all service parts.

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2013, 12:50:29 AM »
If your doing 43 or more you are doing great thats about the best you can get out of a 50.

naughty lee

• 64 mph and pushing
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2013, 06:13:19 AM »
All sorted now, washer and oring in position, air mixture screw se right with a 85 main jet. Roller weights changed to 5.5g and bush trimmed to 37mm after pen test results showed 2mm of unused drive face.

The little scooter pulls well and Ive had it to an indicated 43mph. Im guessing 36ish real world.

I need to cdi doing now but it isnt one that can be derestricted by cutting, as ive taken a lot of it off and havent found any wire. I need a normal one that I can derestrict or can someone link a known good one that is reasonable?

Overall I am more than pleased with this scooter, its a bit old but has such low mileage. Ive checked everything and changed all service parts.
have a look at my thread in the zx50 area regarding shortening the boss. It's an easy mod. All you need is a bench grinder and a permanent ink pen.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()