Author Topic: how do I do this ???? ( please help ! )  (Read 717 times)

PLEASEhelp

• View Profile
how do I do this ???? ( please help ! )
« on: April 07, 2013, 10:45:20 PM »

I want to paint my moped mostly black ( gloss finish ) with silver in a few places ....

what are the CORRECT steps to do this .... it's a 4000$ moped and I hate the paint so I need to know

step by step directions on how to do this ....

like sand paper ? what paint ? like what do I need

to all those help with clear steps I just would like to say thank you and I appreciate it ... thanks !

Urbestfriend

• View Profile
Re: how do I do this ???? ( please help ! )
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2013, 11:42:50 PM »
google search "How to paint a Scooter".  You will find some You Tubes.

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2013, 02:12:49 AM »
Suggestions....

1. For a newbie, I would suggest metallic black instead of plain glossy because uneven or minor errors won't be visible with metallic... Metallic also looks good..

2. You can use good quality spray cans found in most stores. This is easier if you are a novice.

3. Get some 2000 grit waterproof sand paper.

4. Make sure you have a suitable space for painting. Away from dirt and wind, dogs and insects.

Step 1...   Remove all plastic panels... don't mask..   If possible, take pictures of the panels and    fittings for re-assembling references.

Step 2...  Wet sand all panels to be painted... Just enough to make the shiny old paint dull...

Step 3... Make sure the panels are free from dust and other debris.  Paint the panel with thin even strokes and let dry... repeat..  Thin coats dry faster...

I would suggest to start with one panel only for experiment purposes.  This way, you can see the result and will trigger the desire to continue or not.... 

Good luck Sir!

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2013, 03:18:58 AM »
I would suggest you practice many times on a piece of scrap metal before you ruin a $4,000 scoot/moped.

Take your time, sand down the existing paint, and practice giving it coats, go slow, learn to adjust the distance of the spray head so you don't make drips or runs in the painted area. If you get a drip, become more patient and use more space between the nozzle and the surface being painted. It's easy to want to rush the job and get the parts back together, resist this temptation at all costs or you'll be paying someone to paint it for you.

It sounds like your a novice (so am I) I'd take the parts off to be painted to a shop and ask them to paint them for me, you might even save some money not to mention time and frustration.
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties either expressed or written and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use, the author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2013, 03:46:55 AM »
I suggest you paint it yourself   ;) , you'll never know the outcome  if you won't try.... If you'll ruin the panels, then that's the time to go to the pros... just do it! go! do it! Then you'll have a story to tell!.... 8) ::) ;D ;) my two cents..... 

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()