Author Topic: DO NOT BUY from KYMCOPARTSONLINE.COM  (Read 20171 times)

ophelia

• View Profile
Re: DO NOT BUY from KYMCOPARTSONLINE.COM
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2014, 05:04:00 PM »
I'm very confused by this thread and KPM1.

People are complaining about KymcoPartsOnline.com, but a representative from a separate website KymcoPartsMonster.com is responding to general criticism?
2011 Kymco Downtown 300i

KPM1

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2014, 05:16:53 PM »
Yes, actually I get the "Dumb A$$" of the week award.  I believe that is on back-order.  Haha :D.  We just got a BBB complaint about a back-ordered part.  As web manager, I was researching SEO for our site. It came up under our search, and I didn't see that.  Honestly, you are straight up correct.  I think I need glasses  ::)  because I totally screwed that up.  My apologies; however the issues we have are still the same.  It is a difficult piece of business. We truly wish we could make it easier.  I know y'all get frustrated with Kymco.  So do we. 
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 05:18:52 PM by KPM1 »

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2014, 10:33:34 PM »
Maybe the boss will let you wash his car on Sunday. Silver Lining, and all that!

Nice try tho!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

LoveMyKymco

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2014, 10:41:34 PM »
Their headquarters are located in Taiwan, vast majority of the parts shipped to the US come from the Chengdu and Shanghai plants located in China proper. The problem is NOT with kymco headquarters directly but with shipping from the plants.
Ive yet to have any experience with kymcopartsmonster but from the forum message I would not use them due to passing the buck, if you want to save any further face you may want to edit your first message to say "kymcopartsonline.com sucks I agree or disagree.". While its unfortunate you have received a BBB formal complaint but as you know its easy to remedy and will not scar your reputation.  I think when youre having a back order problem communication is the best way to prevent any misunderstandings. Just dont tell someone the part will be here next week and never check to make sure it does. If you cant handle that level of customer service you may want to change professions. Just putting in my 2 cents as I order parts every week for Suzukis, Hondas, Yamahas, Vespas, Piaggios, etc.
Also, kymco owners are like the harley davidson of scooters, were a rowdy bunch and well come at you with CVT belts and broken speedo cables when provoked.
My 82 mph Killer Full MHR zx50 build (now 91 mph gps verified)
http://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=7795.0
My Fabrizi/MHR "can it cost anymore?" build
http://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=12146.0;topicseen

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2014, 10:44:40 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D   :)
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2014, 01:52:22 AM »
Yes, actually I get the "Dumb A$$" of the week award.  I believe that is on back-order.  Haha :D.  We just got a BBB complaint about a back-ordered part.  As web manager, I was researching SEO for our site. It came up under iour search, and I didn't see that.  Honestly, you are straight up correct.  I think I need glasses  ::)  because I totally screwed that up.  My apologies; however the issues we have are still the same.  It is a difficult piece of business. We truly wish we could make it easier.  I know y'all get frustrated with Kymco.  So do we. 
Shoot, I am getting ready to order some parts from you folks...did not know things were so dicey with Kymco. I just know it is better than SYM...the only other quality Taiwanese scoot I can afford. Will attempt to order some important replacement parts for future use. Have had perfect experience with KPM parts people ...help line guy was funny and helpful. Prices were good too. Just sayin....
I want OEM Kymco parts...in a Kymco bag.Their stuff is not junk. Do not much care where it is actually being made, China, Vietnam (shoot, looked at a superb HONDA bike that was made in Thailand !!) etc., Kymco looks it over and approves it for my scoot. I laid down my $$ for a Kymco scoot...and their parts are just fine for me and my scoot.
Hang in there ..you guys! We appreciate anything you can do to help us enjoy these scoots!
Tom in Ohio
Stig
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 02:04:03 AM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

souzamoto

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2014, 11:38:34 PM »
Interesting post as the Partsmonster dude was replying to a kymcopartsonline issue.
Anyhow, all Kymco dealers were notified in April/May 14 that there was an issue with parts supply from Kymco Taiwan.
They again notified dealers today, that this parts issue is resolved and orders are going out at 97%
Kymco USA has always had a parts order fill rate of 95% or better. Example, a dealer I know recently checked on a availability of a complete cylinder head including valves, springs, everything. Guess what, in stock at Kymco USA.
Sure there are issues from time to time on parts but from my experience with other OEM's (Triumph, Ducati) Kymco, by far, has them beat.
In 90% of all issues, the problem is with the dealer not Kymco USA

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2014, 02:09:17 AM »
I'll bite... Who are you, and where did you get the info in your post? I am asking respectfully, and not as a smart ass (i know right)

anothergxg

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2014, 07:04:14 AM »
I'm surprised to read this thread :)
I am from Romania and in Europe there are 2 types of parts dealers for Kymco.
Some dealers order from a warehouse located somewhere in Austria, the shipping time is 2-3 days; the problem is that these parts are pretty expensive. Some other dealers order from Taiwan. Shipping time is between 5 and 30 days and in rare cases 3 months. They are kind of cheap. For example OEM front brake disk for Xciting 500 2005 is about $85 (277 Romanian Leu)
I order from a guy in Bucharest and I never had issues with delivery time. On all the orders I placed (and I placed a lot for my old Grand Vista), the shipping time I was told before ordering was fulfilled.

souzamoto

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2014, 11:18:55 PM »
I'll bite... Who are you, and where did you get the info in your post? I am asking respectfully, and not as a smart ass (i know right)

I work in marketing for several dealers. Some of whom sell the Kymco brand. I am also tight with my local dealer who sells Kaw, Yam, Suz, KTM & Kymco

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2014, 01:18:41 AM »
This is weird. I just posted a response to your response to an almost identical question from another poster (Stig).
I'm gonna simply copy paste my response from that one to here...

that's good to know.
We all understand this is not an Kymco factory backed/sponsored site so having someone "in the loop" as it were would be a very valuable asset to us. Thousands of us.

Perhaps you would be so kind as to stick around, and correct what you can (information wise).
I can only imagine how far that can go towards helping the brand rep as well as promote a stronger forum. There are a LOT of good people here, and there are many more that simply have questions that post, and run. Point is CORRECT information is paramount.

I hope you can help us out.

Talk about Deja vu!

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2014, 05:06:10 AM »
I work for a Kymco dealership and they do a pretty good job with parts in my opinion. They have a massive inventory, it's rare for us to order something and have it backordered. Shipping its slow to the west coast is about my only complaint.
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2014, 06:44:27 AM »
I agree w/ Bet&losin.
Kymco does do a very good job at supplying parts considering the size of the company, and the amount of time it has taken them to grow to the number 5 supplier of motor vehicles (scoots/buggies) to the entire world.
In fact it is never an issue for me to find a Kymco part.
If it is not hear in the US it is easily ordered over seas, and at my door within a week or two at the most.

The bigger issue comes down to distributors. None/few of them are large enough to commit to a million dollar inventory for a scooter that is not as popular in the US as it is throughout the rest of the world.

I would never seek out a kymco as my first choice in a scooter but for the one I have I am satisfied with what it is. For the money they cost (50cc bikes) I would save a BUNCH of $$$'s and buy a cheap QMB based POS. They are so much easier to get parts for but if money were no object I would have to buy a Piaggio. Just an all around better bike.

mrbios

• 2005 Kymco Grandvista 250cc
  • Just crusing along on my 2005 GV250
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2014, 04:20:33 AM »
I now order from www.partspitstop.com. Ordered more body panels and they arrived withing 7 business days and were cheaper.

I have visited this site before but they don't list Kymco.  Have you ordered Kymco stuff from them?
PaulC

mrbios

• 2005 Kymco Grandvista 250cc
  • Just crusing along on my 2005 GV250
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2014, 04:53:04 AM »
Ladies and Gentlemen of the Forum,

Do not buy or even waste your time with kymcopartsonline.com
BEWARE! Prices are good but you'll never get them

It's too late I placed an order for a screw & oring on 04-16-2014,  on 5/1 I got an email from Alonso that the oring was in but "Kymco Never had this part Grandvista 250 2008 - SCREW (D.S) - 1198-817-2000 in stock Sooo they have to order it ..might take weeks please let me know ..sorry for the inconvenience". 

I just sent an email requesting a status update.  I ordered $84 worth of oem parts last August and I got my order but one part was wrong and the error was on their part.  They sent me the correct part and a postage paid box to return the incorrect part.  It took 6 weeks after I received the order! 

I don't think they are dishonest, the prices are much better than my local dealer.  When I needed rear brake pads (discovered while changing a flat inside pad worn to the metal) I was afraid of a delay so I got it at the local dealer where it was in stock but I had to force myself to "man up" as the dealer charged 50% more than KymcoPartsOnline West so the rear pads were $50!! Most I have ever paid for pads on a car or motorcycle!

I wouldn't rule them out if you can afford to wait.  In my case after waiting and having my scoot un-driveable for 3 weeks I took the float bowl off and sealed the drain plug hole from the inside with epoxy this way it doesn't matter when the parts arrive.  Good thing because in the mean time my car started overflowing coolant out of the blue leaking head gasket.  Today, I needed the scoot to deliver the head to the machine shop.

Good luck, and good night.
PaulC

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()