Author Topic: Crankcase Problems!  (Read 694 times)

mauran13

• View Profile
Crankcase Problems!
« on: April 12, 2013, 06:53:22 PM »
I Just bought/asked for a friends 2005 Kymco People 150, and it is a beautiful bike! He had left it out in the rain and snow for five months and I eventually just told him that if he doesnt want it anymore I would take it off of his hands, $40 later I was a Kymco happier. But there is one problem- First he had put in way too much transmission fluid which worked its way into the air filter and soaked the filter, eventually chocking the engine. That seems to be cleared up as I took a little out and purchased a new filter. But How would you have done it? It was my first time and seemed the best course...Now here is the big one- he kicked off the kickstart. Near as I can tell he also dislocated the crank arm so that once the bike goes ten mph to 45 mph there is a rattle in the crank case. Is it dangerous to undo the bolts around the case and take it off? Will I have to put anything back into it that would potentially spring out once I opened it? Thank you for your help let me know if you need more information!

Calothrix

• View Profile
Re: Crankcase Problems!
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2013, 11:56:37 PM »
Welcome to the forum.  I also own a P150 and nothing will fall out when you remove the crankcase cover (unless he broke off part of the crank arm!).  Just be careful when you put the bolts back in and do not tighten them too much because they break easily!  Also, do not put in more than 0.18 liters of transmission fluid.  Good luck! 

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()