Author Topic: 1 Year of Good Clean Fun  (Read 1809 times)

Scootaloot

• View Profile
1 Year of Good Clean Fun
« on: April 14, 2013, 02:25:47 AM »
This week will mark 1 year of riding my GTi. The next trip will put me over 17K miles. Currently I am running 15g sliders and City Grip tires. The sliders are working ok. I may try 14 g on the next belt change and am happy with the tires. I paid the dealer to convert the blinkers to inside the body and added an ER Max windscreen. I like the look and think Oldscoot was the pioneer on this. Recently there has been a stumble at about 40mph but when I changed the belt the air filter was pretty bad and I will change it out soon. It is a great scoot to ride :) and has been less problematic than my old BV250. At some point I will probably change out the topcase as the factory case is not the best. It would be nice to have a tach, a bit more storage and a softer seat but in general it is a beast! The windscreen has made riding a lot more comfortable. All in all I am very happy with "Goldmember" and am not missing the Italian scoot at all. I am still getting lots of ;) positive comments from strangers . The one big issue which I have yet to resolve is the belt slipping in heavy rain. If anyone else should have this problem please post it :(
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 02:34:07 AM by Scootaloot »

MotoRandy123

• Lets Ride!
    • View Profile
Re: 1 Year of Good Clean Fun
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2013, 12:08:50 PM »
Hey what are you getting for gas mileage? I'm wondering if I should move up from the Yager 200.
I'm getting around 80 MPG's from the Yager.

The stumble isn't from the airfilter, according to the experts even a dirty air filter flows plenty. I'd
take a look at the spark plug. I put a iridium one in mine as they last a long time.

I agree with the hard seat. I cut some out of the base on mine to allow for more foam. It's a lot
better now.

For the rain problem, I'm going to make sure the air intake is sheltered as best as I can (it's just
tucked under the floorboards) and find a way to add a long tube to the output (an open square
under the swing arm). Some say it's not slipping but just running lower on the pulley so faster so
you think it is...

I added sliders to my variator that was already tweaked for more performance now she revs at 8000
when I get on it. I may have to go back to stock to tone her down a bit....
2012 Yager GT 200I - Southern NH

Scootaloot

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2013, 12:29:02 AM »
Randy, I was getting 72mpg consistantly but since the sliders and windscreen about 70mpg but as weather warms up mileage is coming up a smidge. The belt slips in heavy rain! I couldn't get up to 55 on the flats and 45 on small grades the last time it happened. There is nothing covering the opening in the case in front of the variator so once water gets inside the plastic external cover its game over. I'm thinking of rigging some type of fiter over the opening. I might also be able to improve the seal on the plastic case but heat will kill the belt quicker so I am worried too sealed up may be a bad thing. The 300 would give you the needed power to run with the cagers more safely  if you do much highway riding  :)

de dee

• 2011 300i downtown 82,265 KM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2013, 01:07:47 AM »
 idea    measure your belt when you open the variator  my first belt was 1010 mm. and at WOT. it would rev to 8500 rpm. with new belt at   1004 mm/25.2 mm,  it lowered rpm. a lot,  my 3rd. belt also is 1004 mm. / 25.2 mm. 30 degrees,. that is the mitsuboshi measurement for 300i downtown,. and they measure around the belt with a soft tape,  ( tailors tape )   cross ref. against a steel tape for exact measure,.

Scootaloot

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2013, 11:47:33 AM »
DeeDee, I agree that the belt size is important but the slipping has occured with 2 different belts. The slipping only occurs in heavy rain and not going through large puddles and disappears the next day when it dries out. My Bv had a filter over the opening to the variator. The GTi just has a big hole with only the external plastic cover protecting it from weather. Regular rain hasn't been an issue but at some point I will get caught in a deluge. I haven't looked closely under the plastic cover but I suspect it leaks :'( and fixing that will fix the issue.

MotoRandy123

• Lets Ride!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2013, 08:54:17 PM »
Hmm the Yager has a tube on the air intake for the CVT. It tucks up under the floorboards but still could catch water;
2012 Yager GT 200I - Southern NH

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()