Author Topic: New (to me) Kymco s250 People  (Read 1431 times)

vespa50sp

• View Profile
New (to me) Kymco s250 People
« on: April 14, 2013, 02:57:26 PM »
I've been trolling around looking at how to install Dr Pulley sliders and ran across this board. I haven't ridden for a couple of years because of a scooter accident, but recently received clearance to buy another bike. I've mainly owned a kitted Vespa 50 and a Chetak 150 over the years (along with a few strays), but this time decided to go modern.

I always liked the People 250 since the Minnesota Motorcycle Monthly Torture Test http://www.philadelphiascooters.com/news/MMMFeatureAugust%202004.htm so I specifically looked for one of those.

I ended up picking up a 2008 with 4,000 miles on it for $2k, that needed a little TLC. It hadn't been licensed for a couple of years. I changed all the fluids and it runs good. I had a little issue with the heat light flickering on once in awhile and I discovered that a thermosensor wire was loose. I installed a Trail Tech TTO temp gauge so I actually know how hot it is running and there haven't seemed to be any problems since.

I'm looking forward to spring (still snow in the forecast for next week here in MN!) and getting out to ride, plus learning more about my Kymco from this board.

Vivo

• View Profile
Re: New (to me) Kymco s250 People
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2013, 06:36:43 AM »
Nice red color and welcome Sir! and ride safe!  ;) 

vespa50sp

• View Profile
Re: New (to me) Kymco s250 People
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2013, 08:18:20 PM »
Nice red color and welcome Sir! and ride safe!  ;)

Thanks, it kind of reminds me of Clifford the Big Red Dog.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()