Author Topic: Educating cagers  (Read 2240 times)

TroutBum

• 2012 Like 200i (sold)
    • View Profile
Educating cagers
« on: April 14, 2013, 04:01:36 PM »
Yesterday while riding down a two lane road a woman in the lane next to me tells me at a stop light that I should not be riding my toy on the streets where real vehicles roam. She proceeds to tell me that scooters are to slow and impedes travel for everyone else. When the light changed I gassed it leaving her behind and stunned. At the next light I just looked over at her and smiled and said who's impeding traffic? Some cagers just need a little educating.  ;)

Brighton52464

• Can you see the real me?
    • View Profile
Re: Educating cagers
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2013, 05:53:43 PM »
TroutBum that sounds like something stupid cager would say here in Vacaville. How's riding in San Jose in the summer? I know it gets warm. Do you know any back scenic routes from SJ to Monterrey or Santa Cruz?

TroutBum

• 2012 Like 200i (sold)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2013, 01:46:30 AM »
Summers can be warm at times so I adjust my riding times for the cooler parts of the day like 8:00 am to 11:00 am and after 4:30 pm. I live a block from Los Gatos so I ride mainly the back roads of Los Gatos, Saratoga, Cupertino and Los Altos. I haven't ridden to Carmel or Monterey on my scooter. Ive been tempted to ride the backroads to Half Moon Bay. When I had a MC I would head down 101 beyond Gilroy on a route that goes through the Carmel Valley. That's a nice ride. There is a road I've taken from Morgan Hill to the coast that was scenic.

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2013, 02:01:24 AM »
Cagers who owns scooters need no educating...  ;)

de dee

• 2011 300i downtown 82,265 KM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2013, 05:51:06 AM »
   dont you love it when a cage gets on your tail to see what it is your riding ,. thats when I show them my wolo air horn ,. they start to look where they are driving ,. or I just drive around the block to get away from them,.

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2013, 06:18:10 AM »
   dont you love it when a cage gets on your tail to see what it is your riding ,.

I usually show of my new shoes especially at stop lights....  Lol!   

Brighton52464

• Can you see the real me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2013, 08:20:48 AM »
TroutBum,
thanks for the info, I found a great road to take from Fairfield/Vacaville road to ride to Lake Berryessa then to Napa. I can't wait for a beautiful morning to ride by the dam up there. Check it out.

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2013, 06:54:54 PM »
Some people you can't educate, scooter guys that make 3 lanes out of 2 or worse 2 lanes out of 1 and car drivers that thinhk they own the roads are just as bad, cept we're on the losing end.
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties either expressed or written and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use, the author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2013, 08:46:38 AM »
What we must avoid is road rage... there are lots of crazy drivers out there... and being at the loosing end (scooter)... double avoidance is a must....

My brother in Houston,Texas was a victim... the enraged man followed him home... waited...
shot my brother's truck four times left door, right door, front hood, and rear bed... walked towards my brother's house and shot the bedroom window... no one was hurt...  police arrested him...

P.S. I'm still against gun ban... ;D

TroutBum

• 2012 Like 200i (sold)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2013, 04:38:22 AM »
What we must avoid is road rage... there are lots of crazy drivers out there... and being at the loosing end (scooter)... double avoidance is a must....

My brother in Houston,Texas was a victim... the enraged man followed him home... waited...
shot my brother's truck four times left door, right door, front hood, and rear bed... walked towards my brother's house and shot the bedroom window... no one was hurt...  police arrested him...

P.S. I'm still against gun ban... ;D

That's insane. I hope that guy gets live without the possibility of parole.

kingkymco125

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2013, 11:07:38 PM »
TroutBum: The cager must only think scooters consist of no more then those cheap Chinese 50cc models. These schmucks do not realize scooters models can be up to 850ccs.  You ride a 200cc scooter which means you easily have no problem keeping with traffic. I currently ride a Kymco Agility 125cc bike and I can easily keep up with traffic. Here in Vegas, most of those who ride their cages want us who ride two wheels off the road. I love it when I am in the left lane at the traffic light and I get some moron behind me who is not pleased to be behind me. The moment the light turns green I smoke their ass. Now that is a great feeling. 8)
David M.  Las Vegas, Nevada
New 2012 Kymco Agility 125cc bike

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()