Author Topic: Scooter stopping suddenly and gas meter missreading.  (Read 1279 times)

Aquaviva

• View Profile
Scooter stopping suddenly and gas meter missreading.
« on: April 23, 2013, 08:25:53 AM »

I am new to the Forum. Just registered when I am having some issues with my scooter Agility 50. First will appreciate any information about tuning up Tutorials. I spent almost two days searching from some graphic guide to no avail. Only found one picture from a Towing company in England. I would like to have one step by step guideline. Second my gas meter is going crazy, I tanked yesterday and as I  left the gas station the needle was showing lest than half a tank. On the road the scooter suddenly stopped, like losing gas which was not the case or having not enough gas flow through the system. I could start just by waiting a minute and push the starter again. The previous day I had been  replacing the spark plug and trying to graduate the gas needle  and the accelerator bolt. Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Aquaviva.

blue

• View Profile
Re: Scooter stopping suddenly and gas meter missreading.
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2013, 01:15:05 PM »
as far as the gas cage goes check the fuse by the battery. It sounds like maybe the needle in the carb is sticking. take the top of the carb off and see if the needle is stell working ok.If you are playing around with the carb you may of got something not lined up right. when you are starting it are you giveing it gas because kymcos should be started with no throtle most the time.

Aquaviva

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2013, 01:45:18 PM »

Hello Blue,

I thank you so much for your answer. Indeed I have always tried not to put hands in something I am not familiar with. The only thing I did was to change the spark plug, and try to balance the idle and throttle. I also clean the air filter and changed the oil. I have the suspicion  that when I removed the sit with the storage compartment, maybe I could have pulled out some of the wiring which I noticed is located quite on the way of this compartment either at removing it and when installing it back. But I will certainly check the fuse. I did not know about not touching the throttle at start. I always give some throttle. Now with the new spark, I am thrilled how fast the engine ignites, is matter of a second, or so. Before it delayed more to start. But if the needle in the carb is easy to reach and I don't have to dismantle the whole thing I will have  a report for you tomorrow in the evening, Finland time. We are two hours ahead the GMT.

Thank you Blue, again.

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2013, 11:51:10 PM »
your welcom just becarfull and watch for all small parts that might fall out.

Aquaviva

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2013, 02:19:46 PM »

You were right !!! I was just rotating the fuses and the gas meter got fixed at once. I have not yet done the Carburetor thing. Some of the symptoms of the engine problems as is running now are following:
1-As soon as I give ignition, the engine accelerates by it self, goes to  60-70% pick, and comes down.
2-As it settles down I feel there is not a steady level of acceleration and it lets say oscillates a 10% up and down.
3-Often there is some sort of tremor in the whole engine, without consequences, meaning the tremor never ends in a shut off.

Before opening the carburetor I pass this feed back on the way the scooter is running. As it shut off  stopping totally a couple of times two days ago, I pose the question if this is due to carburetor malfunction, dirt in the hoses, electrical failure, mechanical failure meaning the needle not performing as due.

Thank you for your help again. At least I solved the problem of the gas meter, so far.

Greetings,

Aquaviva

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()